Recommend ultrabook :)

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps... need recommendations for ultrabooks available now. I want something light to carry to school everyday, thus ultrabook. I would be using it for visual studio, eclipse programming, Arcgis, ..... maybe watch movies. I have a decent desktop so this is purely for school and travel. I looked at a few ultrabook reviews and came up with these:

toshiba z930-2043 ($1999) - i7-3687U ,6gb ram,128gb SSD

Thinkpad twist 33475ZA ($1999) - i7-3537U ,8gb ram, 500GB +24gb SSD cache

Asus zenbook ux31a-R4003H ($2098) -i7-3517U , 4gb ram, 256gb SSD

Samsung series 9 NP900X3C ($2199) - i7-3517U, 4gb ram, 128gb SSD

Which one should i go for ?? Or any other recomendations?

Thanks bros!!

Last edited:

Unknownx

Reaction score
1080p screen better for multitasking, especially when you're coding while referring to something like this (just some random picture to illustrate):
windows-tilevertically-win7.gif

If use 768p screen you'll see lesser stuff so need to scroll down more often. Since Toshiba Z930, Lenovo Thinkpad Twist and Samsung Series 9 don't have 1080p screen, I recommend to get the Asus UX31A.

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score
oh ok.... i think i would not really be coding on the laptop.... probably code on my desktop.. then transfer the stuff to the ultrabook to show the project supervisor.... maybe making slight adjustments on the ultrabook..... i cant look at such a small screen to code for long hours haha :) so if display does not matter i still go for the asus ?? the asus does also have its own nice pouch for the ultrabook :)

Unknownx

Reaction score
oh ok.... i think i would not really be coding on the laptop.... probably code on my desktop.. then transfer the stuff to the ultrabook to show the project supervisor.... maybe making slight adjustments on the ultrabook..... i cant look at such a small screen to code for long hours haha :) so if display does not matter i still go for the asus ?? the asus does also have its own nice pouch for the ultrabook :)

Then it's up to you to choose, just go down to shop and hands on with all the model first. Btw are you gonna buy the cheapest model ($1799 for Samsung, $1599 for Asus, $1699 for Lenovo, $1699 for Toshiba)? Or getting the best specs one ($2499+)?

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Unknownx .
Not the max settings haha... have updated the models i took a look at... i guess it does come down to ... the feel , look and durability :p....will go down tom to take a look. anything else i should consider before investing...?

Unknownx

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Unknownx .
Not the max settings haha... have updated the models i took a look at... i guess it does come down to ... the feel , look and durability :p....will go down tom to take a look. anything else i should consider before investing...?

Search for battery life review and see if there any major/serious issue on the laptop. Then just try whether the weight is acceptable, keyboard feels good when typing and screen viewing angle if you care.

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
For these ultrabooks, are the prices controlled and same everywhere or can you get them cheaper at selected shops?

I'm asking because the brochure already lists the price and everywhere I've been so far is sticking to it.

I'm referring specifically to Samsung (now 2099 for the 128GB i7) and Asus 2098 for 256GB i7

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score
i think if u try sls shops... u can ask for slightly lower price.. those courts, harveynorman type usually only more free gifts :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.