Anyone been to Myanmar?

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean booking domestic internal flights?

Anyway i need your advise too.. because i will be having 5 days.. below are the places of interest to me, which should i cancel out if its not possible to cover within my trip.

Kyaiktiyo Pagoda also known as Golden Rock
Shwedagon Pagoda or Nay Pyi Taw
Inle Lake
Bagon
Kuthoda Pagoda in Mandalay

thanks

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doubt it is possible to cover so many places in just 5 days as these places are quite far apart.

Day 1-2 Yangon
Day 3-4 Inle Lake
Day 5 fly back

Alternatively, replace Inle Lake with Mandalay or Bagon/Golden Rock.

I would suggest Inle Lake as it is different from what we have here.

Anyway i need your advise too.. because i will be having 5 days.. below are the places of interest to me, which should i cancel out if its not possible to cover within my trip.

Inle Lake
Bagon

thanks

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Inle Lake
Bagon

thanks

golden rock is out of the way. can skip.

really ambitious to do yangon - inle lake - bagan - mandalay. in 5days. impossible. even its just touch and go.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dear all, pls advise if this is feasible..

Upon reaching Myanmar, head immediately to Bagan & spend 3 days there to explore. Head back to Yangon and hire a car to take to Golden Rock. Most probably will stay a night up there to experience the sunset. When the driver can meet the next morning, will try to visit Bago on the way back. Will spend the next day visiting the sights of Yangon and depart the next day.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems feasible but there is a lot of travel time.

Day 1 Yangon to Bagan
Day 2-4 Bagan
Day 5 Bagan to Yangon to Golden rock
Day 6 Golden rock to Bago to Yangon
Day 7 Yangon
Day 8 Singapore

Is that your plan?
If u have only 5 days, skip Bago and Golden rock or skip Bagan.

When are u going?
It is coming up to monsoon season as well.

Upon reaching Myanmar, head immediately to Bagan & spend 3 days there to explore. Head back to Yangon and hire a car to take to Golden Rock. Most probably will stay a night up there to experience the sunset. When the driver can meet the next morning, will try to visit Bago on the way back. Will spend the next day visiting the sights of Yangon and depart the next day.

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i suppose u travel by land for all trips.

do note that land travel isnt exactly fast since myanmar is huge and has generally poor roads. Skip golden rock.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems feasible but there is a lot of travel time.

Day 1 Yangon to Bagan
Day 2-4 Bagan
Day 5 Bagan to Yangon to Golden rock
Day 6 Golden rock to Bago to Yangon
Day 7 Yangon
Day 8 Singapore

Is that your plan?
If u have only 5 days, skip Bago and Golden rock or skip Bagan.

When are u going?
It is coming up to monsoon season as well.

Hi i was thinking of going during the vesak day public holiday week..

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Vesak Day is a major holiday in Myanmar. Lots of natives are likely to be on the roads and in the temples, I reckon. Will you be able to get a driver and will businesses close? You better check.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vesak Day is a major holiday in Myanmar. Lots of natives are likely to be on the roads and in the temples, I reckon. Will you be able to get a driver and will businesses close? You better check.

yup doing double checking and getting more updates from Tripadvisor. I thinking of postponing it to year end now. haha.

wuso

Reaction score
You have to check your flight timings etc. for the 1st-half. For bus journeys between Yangon and Bagan, its abt 10hrs.

For your 2nd-half, it's possible if you can tahan long bus journeys.
I took the overnight bus from Bagan to Yangon arriving at 5-6am, and straightaway took the 7am bus to Kyaitiyo/Golden Rock. Arrive abt 12noon. Of course, if u have personal car/driver, then no issue but note the long hours on transport.

Eanstan

Reaction score
For those planning trip to yangon during this year end... Take note SEA Games will be held from 11 Dec 2013. i think end on 22 Dec.

Guess prices will shoot up during this period.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Takes two days to get visa.

Submit application early so u dont a long queue.
Next day, go early in the afternoon so u have a short queue.

I was there twice before.
Both times queues were long and second time, had to queue an hour! I was even in the first few people.
Others had to queue for about 1.5 to 2 hours, just to collect.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.