NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake

hellamatrix

Reaction score
What was ur grade for English? Maybe u just need a little more patience? :)

A2 for English. I believe its my lack of A-math and that I had to retake E-math which caused them to think twice about my application :s13:

I believe I was already rejected as I was called up for interview for my 3rd choice.

Inn0vator

Reaction score
A2 for English. I believe its my lack of A-math and that I had to retake E-math which caused them to think twice about my application :s13:

I believe I was already rejected as I was called up for interview for my 3rd choice.

Wah... What was ur 2nd choice then? If fail try to appeal la bro. Ur result so imba.

Reaction score
Yup O level 16 points.. Have you went for the NTU biz interview? So far all my poly friends who were accepted for NTU biz went for the interview.. Haven't heard of anyone other than those under early admission scheme who have been admitted without an interview

Nah. Wasn't shortlisted for the interview. You went for the interview?

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup O level 16 points.. Have you went for the NTU biz interview? So far all my poly friends who were accepted for NTU biz went for the interview.. Haven't heard of anyone other than those under early admission scheme who have been admitted without an interview

Oh there are. Lots of my friends got into NTU Biz / Acc in first week of March without an interview.

Their GPA isn't outstanding high - most in the 3.8X region, but they have As for both English & Add. Maths which relieves them of the interview criteria.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here or knows anyone that has been offered NTU Business with a GPA of around 3.76? Cos I want to rate my chances when I appeal for it during May. Any input would be appreciated. :)

Lowest I know is 3.79 at the moment.

Still worth a shot appealing. :)

Jkaes92

Reaction score
For those of you that applied for ntu engineering courses, what type of engineering courses did you all apply, and what were your grades like?

Course applied and offered: NTU EEE
5 sems GPA: 3.77, final GPA: 3.73
O level (L1R4): 20 Eng D7

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those of you that applied for ntu engineering courses, what type of engineering courses did you all apply, and what were your grades like?

you can take a look at this thread. there are quite a few people there accepted unti engineering courses.

MAMAMIAZ

Reaction score

Courses applied: NTU maritime studies, material engineering
Grades: BCD/C Gp: B Pw: B MT: A
UAS: 72

Sigh i know my grades aint good but still hope for a miracle somewhere... :(

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Courses applied: NTU maritime studies, material engineering
Grades: BCD/C Gp: B Pw: B MT: A
UAS: 72

Sigh i know my grades aint good but still hope for a miracle somewhere... :(

We had the exactly same grades just that my MT is E. Currently I received engineering offer from NUS, still waiting for NTU to reply.
Last year I had to wait till mid May before NTU decided to offer me. I believe you should have no problem getting into material engin, just give it some time :)

Lostzw

Reaction score
Haiz... my UAS is below 70, so it means that i dont have much hope to enter the engineering courses that i want in ntu? Really worried about this :(

gbhero

Reaction score
Haiz... my UAS is below 70, so it means that i dont have much hope to enter the engineering courses that i want in ntu? Really worried about this :(

I'm under 70 too! It's natural to be worried like me but don't give up :). What's more I failed my GP and you probably stand a higher chance than me. Anyway, they might probably look at relevant subject grades like Math and Physics to determine who gets the place...

luckygallkl

Reaction score
argh

Hello,

I am from a JC too and didn't do very well for As. I got BBE/A BBB. Up until now i still have not received any offers from all the universities i applied to, even SUTD.
Do you think I would have any chance to enter NUS FASS at all?
I was called up for an interview next week for NTU sociology. Do any of your know the acceptance rate for the interview? Will everyone that applys be interviewed or only those shortlisted ones?

Some advice please. So worried right now,its nearing may already. Thanks!

hellamatrix

Reaction score
Wah... What was ur 2nd choice then? If fail try to appeal la bro. Ur result so imba.

2nd choice accountancy. I have already accepted NUS biz :D

Nah. Wasn't shortlisted for the interview. You went for the interview?

Nope...they didnt even call me up for interview for biz/acc

Oh there are. Lots of my friends got into NTU Biz / Acc in first week of March without an interview.

Their GPA isn't outstanding high - most in the 3.8X region, but they have As for both English & Add. Maths which relieves them of the interview criteria.

My lack of A maths and my retaking of E-math must have been my Achilles Heel

Taylor_T5

Reaction score
Anyone know when is the SMU SIS tea session this year ? I went for interview on 16th April , still waiting for the result.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.