lumia 920 ahs undesirable auto shut off function

lepin888

Reaction score
my new nokia lumia 920 has a new function which is not asked for....it shuts off now and then and daily for no apparent reason!! and it requires a hard reset [power button + volume down] each time to turn on. Of course with reset, you need to update date and time, etc!
And Nokia wont admit to this problem and service centre cannot fix it!

so before you jump into a lumia 920, check and surf for problem fix.....

I read many users in USA on ATT line had to change phone but in Spore nokia would not change phone but only try to fix it which it cant.....

is it software or hardware? Spore version of software is 2 versions behind USA or UK but hardware nobody knows.....

will nokia be able to fix its problems or end up like BB and Motorola?

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Telcos don't do 1 to 1 exchange anymore. once you leave the premises you're on your own. I know it sucks to have a new phone faulty out of the box, but you can bring it down to Nokia care. It will take up to 5 days to fix it. they may loan you a phone if they have one available. My LCD was faulty as there was intermittent flickering that I did not notice when I inspected the phone at m1 shop.

Anyway while my 920 was at Nokia Care I begin to remember all the times before when I had to bring my previous Nokias (and I owned many in the past), to Nokia Care. So for me Nokia hasn't proven reliable. I sold it off at a loss which is a pity as it is a nice phone.

If you bring it to Nokia Care for the same problem which they can't fix they will eventually have it replaced.

Last edited:

teewd85

Reaction score
my new nokia lumia 920 has a new function which is not asked for....it shuts off now and then and daily for no apparent reason!! and it requires a hard reset [power button + volume down] each time to turn on. Of course with reset, you need to update date and time, etc!
And Nokia wont admit to this problem and service centre cannot fix it!

so before you jump into a lumia 920, check and surf for problem fix.....

I read many users in USA on ATT line had to change phone but in Spore nokia would not change phone but only try to fix it which it cant.....

is it software or hardware? Spore version of software is 2 versions behind USA or UK but hardware nobody knows.....

will nokia be able to fix its problems or end up like BB and Motorola?

I bought my phone in end jan and had the same problem. sent in my phone for 'software' reset twice each taking 1 week. so end up my phone was in NC for 2 out of 4 weeks. they refused to replace my phone. My phone was shutting down every single day and more than once a day at that time.

I told them to print out the repair report and told them I am going through Case for lemon law thing. I wrote on Nokia Sg FB page too and got a call. They did a 1-for-1 replacement eventually without me going through Case.

Hope this helps.

reverseBungee

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought my phone in end jan and had the same problem. sent in my phone for 'software' reset twice each taking 1 week. so end up my phone was in NC for 2 out of 4 weeks. they refused to replace my phone. My phone was shutting down every single day and more than once a day at that time.

I told them to print out the repair report and told them I am going through Case for lemon law thing. I wrote on Nokia Sg FB page too and got a call. They did a 1-for-1 replacement eventually without me going through Case.

Hope this helps.

I wanted to do so last time... and when I asked for service report, the CSO told me "sir, our system says that this is the first time you send for this problem"

But anyw, yes, u have to bang tables with them one. dun give them face.

Sundowners

Reaction score
I had the same problem, phone resetting once in awhile each day. I chose to live with it. Guess the phone somewhat evolved, now, it only happens once every few days and if u set ur date/time setting to 'set automatically', u won't have to set it yourself. With every update, the phone gets better, so I guess if u dun wana go thru the hassle, then jus let it be. I sure wouldnt mind hard-resetting the phone every now and then as opposed to having it goin thru Nokia Care with no assurance that it will be fix.

cbu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u need to set your time and date every time, apparently something is very very wrong...
Only the older non-smart phone does that when you remove the battery.

The only times my L920 sort of hang is when it gets too hot playing CPU/GPU intensive games. It shows me black screen until its cools off a little then I could continue...

tiewster

Reaction score
had tis issue too... bought the phone for 2weeks nia....just brought the phone to nokia care. Apparently they do no provide 1 for 1 exchange... they will repair :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.