Xperia SP

darrentsh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today purchased (Matte) screen protector from jimmy. Good service from him! :)

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
bought clear protector from jimmy...pleasant experience again...

Last edited:

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
Few issues: how to stop vibration when using keyboard? I go to setting->sound->untick vibrate on touch oso no avail.
2ndly: how to turn off the last 15% batt on red intermittent blinking light from flashing?

thanks in advance.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using Nokia USB cable,will it be inferior as compared to the Sony one?

Actually all branded cables in the market can supply the ~1A current needed to charge smartphones at normal speeds. Some of them don't work on other brands because of the lack of standardization of how the pins in the connector are wired between brand to brand.

What you can do is go to Settings -> About Device -> Status, look under Battery status. If charging at normal speed, you should see Charging (AC).

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Few issues: how to stop vibration when using keyboard? I go to setting->sound->untick vibrate on touch oso no avail.
2ndly: how to turn off the last 15% batt on red intermittent blinking light from flashing?

thanks in advance.

setting->sound->untick vibrate on touch --> yes, this is correct. Maybe you try to off and on the handset.

2nd part, not too sure.

Is there a setting to enable vibration for incoming watsapp sms? Can't find the setting :s13: --> managed to solve it.

Last edited:

Apple_Ice

Reaction score
approximately 20mins to full charge at 75%. Im using original charger and cable. I notice it takes longer if I am using a 3rd party cable. Maybe cos I am using a cheapo cable.

Not surprising it takes longer to charge than iphone as the battery capacity is much larger. iphone 4s is 1450mAh vs SP 2370mAh.

Thanks. Was thinking why it is so slow. Bought this Nillkin Leather Cover at 33 Yen (~7 SGD). Free screen protector and pen.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.TcD5Yg&id=18142397589

Last edited:

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
My camera button seen like not working. When the rectangular box shown up, I am unable to use the button. Can only use on screen button.

sometimes it will take shoot but its not immediately after I press the button till I released.

or totally cannot.
siao siao...

Is sony service centre open on sat?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My camera button seen like not working. When the rectangular box shown up, I am unable to use the button. Can only use on screen button.

sometimes it will take shoot but its not immediately after I press the button till I released.

or totally cannot.
siao siao...

Is sony service centre open on sat?

You might want to join us for the meetup and we can help you on that, guess is the settings and not phone problem.

Yes, they are open on saturday and you can meet us first before you decide whether you need to go down.

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
You might want to join us for the meetup and we can help you on that, guess is the settings and not phone problem.

Yes, they are open on saturday and you can meet us first before you decide whether you need to go down.

Brother, thanks for the invitation but I'm working today later.

OSo i do realize my power button like abit slant, the angle not align against the top and bottom. Issit common? Altru i dun hv problem using it, responsive when press.

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
I'm back from Sony xperia service centre, no 1-1 even less than 4 days old. Lemon set.

My first Sony xperia experience drop, suay with Sony not heng heng to get good set on first buy. Will chose other brand liao.

No technician no manager around on weekend. Must deposit in for 3-5 days excluded sat, sun & public holiday.

The counter uncle only indicate: camera not working when he printed the service report. Then gotten to tell him to write is camera button not working ... facepalm:(

A

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother, thanks for the invitation but I'm working today later.

OSo i do realize my power button like abit slant, the angle not align against the top and bottom. Issit common? Altru i dun hv problem using it, responsive when press.

The left and right sides of the phone is actually slightly tapered in if you view from the top/bottom of the phone thus the power button isn't exactly flat or parallel to the sides of the phone. I thought my power button was crooked also at first. haa.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm back from Sony xperia service centre, no 1-1 even less than 4 days old. Lemon set.

My first Sony xperia experience drop, suay with Sony not heng heng to get good set on first buy. Will chose other brand liao.

No technician no manager around on weekend. Must deposit in for 3-5 days excluded sat, sun & public holiday.

The counter uncle only indicate: camera not working when he printed the service report. Then gotten to tell him to write is camera button not working ... facepalm:(

A

Same situation as you here... phone cannot be used properly since buying it on 10 May due to the touchscreen issue. No 1-1 exchange even though it was a 6 day old set. Went into service centre for 2nd time on 23 May, still there now. Complained to them via multiple emails, and all they did was to get the service centre to call me to send in the phone again for "inspection".

First Sony I bought and it turns out to be a damn sour lemon - and the worst part is that it's meant as a gift. Imagine having to keep taking back a gift due to it malfunctioning, and you will know how I am feeling. Seriously expected better service and support after all the praises of Japanese brand here.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I must be lucky then after seeing people have problems with touchscreen(my main concern)

Anyway...is it ok to uninstall the mcafee antivirus on xperia sp?
I'm not a fan of mcafee **** brand of anti virus.

Also any free and good antivirus on google app store?

whoeva

Reaction score
I must be lucky then after seeing people have problems with touchscreen(my main concern)

Anyway...is it ok to uninstall the mcafee antivirus on xperia sp?
I'm not a fan of mcafee **** brand of anti virus.

Also any free and good antivirus on google app store?

All apps you can see in the Downloaded list can be uninstalled.

Generally the most praised free android antivirus app is Avast Antivirus. Personally using Comodo Antivirus on my Sony phone because I need the SMS keyword spam filter.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some sample shots from the SP. Normal mode with HDR on. Decent for the 8mp cam for day shots with abit of noise in the shadowy sections.

8836955384_8932d84972.jpg

8836315939_bd32795022.jpg

8836307801_bff081f362.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.