Batteries, charging, and you: Why no 100% charge on your phone

steveniam

Reaction score
My maid use her smart phone frequently and she need to charge her phone battery at least 2 time daily.

I am just curious.

How much is the average cost of electricity needed to re-charge a handphone battery?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My maid use her smart phone frequently and she need to charge her phone battery at least 2 time daily.

I am just curious.

How much is the average cost of electricity needed to re-charge a handphone battery?

using arbitrary estimates, say a 8Wh battery, charging efficiency of 80% (conservative I think), current tariffs of $0.267 per kWh, and 60 full charges per month, charging costs is $0.16 per month.

ZhuPaJian

Master Member
Reaction score

I am just curious.

Don't so meow lab lol

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I see, most modern phones the charger will automatically stops charging once the battery is full... Also overnight charging doesn't keep the battery at 100% as when the phone is eventually disconnected the battery will drop/loose charge even faster...

Nowadays its a trend to see people using powerbank(s), but I see many flaunt their own safety... While their device(s) is/are charging, they are still heavily using it (surf web/playing game/watching video/on a call)... People just forget that battery(ies) will heat up while charging...

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://m.mydrivers.com/newsview/868273.html?ref=https://www.google.com/
s_9d13fb8dcd794a5ebe45c70350edd197.png

Jennylimlim

Reaction score
In the first place, there is no need for the "8 hours charge" for lithium batteries. The 8 hours thing was brought over from the old NiMH generation. Now that phone manufacturers are starting to realize that they need to make the batteries itself last long (as in life span, not how long your phone can remain switched on), we've come a long way in battery charging optimizations.
are you still using 3210 Nokia?

gobin74

Reaction score
hi , I am trying to charge a redmi 9t ..... but i am observing a strange behaviour.

The cable when connected shows that the phone is charging but it the percentage of charging is not going up ... It is showing as going down progressively ..Now it is at only 10 percent ....

I tried rebooting putting in software /firmware upgrades but of no avail... the charge is continously going down

Any pointers plz around this Thnx

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you try changing charger to test?

hi , I am trying to charge a redmi 9t ..... but i am observing a strange behaviour.

The cable when connected shows that the phone is charging but it the percentage of charging is not going up ... It is showing as going down progressively ..Now it is at only 10 percent ....

I tried rebooting putting in software /firmware upgrades but of no avail... the charge is continously going down

Any pointers plz around this Thnx

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.