SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

LearnIT

Reaction score
Hi,

regarding the 1st session of IPT, how do they decide on your 'band'?

for example, if my 2.4 is band 4 and my SBJ is band 0, what is my minimium target band for all stations to pass whole IPT?

Is it Band 1 target?

I have not previously taken any ippt/ipt as i have just ORDed

Last edited:

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

regarding the 1st session of IPT, how do they decide on your 'band'?

for example, if my 2.4 is band 4 and my SBJ is band 0, what is my minimium target band for all stations to pass whole IPT?

Is it Band 1 target?

I have not previously taken any ippt/ipt as i have just ORDed

If that's the case, just do your worst will do. High chance to get band 1.

LearnIT

Reaction score
If that's the case, just do your worst will do. High chance to get band 1.

hi vasili,

you mean I must do worst for ALL stations to get band 1?

Or as long as i get band 0 for just one station , i will be assigned band 1 ?

thank you v much

Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi vasili,

you mean I must do worst for ALL stations to get band 1?

Or as long as i get band 0 for just one station , i will be assigned band 1 ?

thank you v much

for the very first time, your target band is determined by the lowest band of any one station.

so if you get band 0 for SBJ but others you get band 4, your target band will still be band 1.

for subsequent years, your target band will either your target band for the previous year plus 1, or your highest attained ipt-ippt/rt-ippt/ippt band for the previous year plus 1, whichever is higher.

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
i am from cat x.

if my 2.4km always get 14:00 which is failed and my other station i passed. is it better to go for ipt for the 2nd attempt if i can get 13:40(which is PPT2 band) for my 2.4km? like that is it means i clear my ippt windows for that year without any reward?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am from cat x.

if my 2.4km always get 14:00 which is failed and my other station i passed. is it better to go for ipt for the 2nd attempt if i can get 13:40(which is PPT2 band) for my 2.4km? like that is it means i clear my ippt windows for that year without any reward?

You need to go for ipt 1st session 1st, then they give u your ppt and if it's ppt2, u have to book another non-ict ippt.

You can't just assume you are ppt2 without going through the ipt 1st session.

soybeans

Reaction score
After my 10 ipt sessions , for the next 8 rt sessions , which of these sessions are rt-ippt ?

Thanks a lot.

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
There is only IPT or RT.

RT 20 lessons--- first 7, follow by IPPT test. If pass, then you are cleared. IF not, go for 9-19 and follow by IPPT test. Pass or fail nvm cause it will be considered clear.
Of course in between the RT if u feel confident that you will pass, you can book for IPPT, pass it and no more RT. Fail, continue your RT as usual.

IPT 10 lessons---first lesson is IPPT assessment to categorised you into different bands. If you confident that you can pass the assigned band IPT standards, can book IPPT to clear and no need to complete remaining lessons.
If until end of IPT, still cannot pass IPT, then go for RT 8 lessons. If did not complete 10 lessons IPT, go for RT 20 lessons.

Btw, IPT standards are lower than IPPT but your band will progress each passing year so thus making it harder to pass.

RT ippt is ippt standard or ipt ppt standards if i taken ipt before rt?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if got go for all 10 ipt sessions, its ppt standard.

if never go or never complete, normal ippt standard.

Wintrum

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone confirm if ipt confirm need to complete for rt-ippt to take ppt grade?

I just took my rt-ippt and it meets my ppt band but i didn't complete my ipt. Does that mean i still have to continue with my rt?

Q12 Can I exit from the RT program earlier?
Yes if you pass your RT IPPT or if you are able to meet your own Personal Performance Target (PPT), (for those attending 8 RT sessions after completing IPT without meeting PPT).

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u fail to complete your ipt(10 sessions), u can't use your ppt during rt.

But if u completed your ipt, by the time u take your next ippt, it will be your last rt session. So ppt given to u is also useless as u will still exit rt regardless of the result.

Hope this help to clarify all doubts with regards to during ppt during rt-ippt.

Last edited:

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point, my ippt window ended yst 21/5 and before that, I've took up IPT but only went for the 1st lesson and subsequently booked and tried for Non-ICT IPPT twice (fail)before the window closes yesterday.

I know that I am supposed to go for 20 RT lessons for the last three months before birthday date but as I'll be getting keys to my new HDB soon (Jun) so I don't think I can commit to 20 lessons at all.

Should I appeal to NS.sg for exemption that to treat that I've completed my IPT so that I will require to go for 8 lessons only instead or just default my IPPT and receive my charge?

wah so gd ah get house keys can siam 12 sessions of rt when u attended onli 1 ipt session ah?

Windfoxster

Reaction score
If u fail to complete your ipt(10 sessions), u can't use your ppt during rt.

But if u completed your ipt, by the time u take your next ippt, it will be your last rt session. So ppt given to u is also useless as u will still exit rt regardless of the result.

Hope this help to clarify all doubts with regards to during ppt during rt-ippt.

If he clears his ipt band during the RT-IPPT (8th lesson) then next year his ppt band will be +1 liao

Bad :D

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If he clears his ipt band during the RT-IPPT (8th lesson) then next year his ppt band will be +1 liao

Bad :D

Actually no as it's always +1 regardless u meet or don't meet the previous year ppt.

Last edited:

pretentious

Reaction score
Hi, if I don't go to RT do I have to take MC or just re-book another to make up for it? How many times can i not go (assuming i have time to complete it).

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I don't go to RT do I have to take MC or just re-book another to make up for it? How many times can i not go (assuming i have time to complete it).

Take mc then don't go. Rebook another session. Must attend all sessions.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.