Any tailors in Bangkok to recommend?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I don't think full wool pants is available in bangkok for 2000. That's probably too cheap to be true.

Full wool is too hot for bangkok or singapore climate! better wool blend for sure.

Shirts no need to be full cotton if on budget also, even blend is ok.

I think 1200 or 1500 baht shirt also ok at crown. No need to go for their most pricey one unless you have money to splash IMHO. That being said, their premium range is very nice, but out of my everyday shirt budget.

I don't think crown is limited - especially when they throw stacks of books at you and now they email they have 2nd floor - so should be ok? Let us know how it goes!

Full wool may be thicker but not necessarily hotter. It wicks away heat quite efficiently so you may actually feel cooler. There's still different grades so I can't guarantee that 2k can get you a wool pants. Some people don't like the texture upon touch. Wool blend would probably trap more heat, especially with the lining. Just my understanding which may or may not be correct.

RiRi85

Reaction score
Full wool may be thicker but not necessarily hotter. It wicks away heat quite efficiently so you may actually feel cooler. There's still different grades so I can't guarantee that 2k can get you a wool pants. Some people don't like the texture upon touch. Wool blend would probably trap more heat, especially with the lining. Just my understanding which may or may not be correct.

I see.. I thought wool would be very warm too.. cook my poor crown jewels in the process.. haha

Think I will go there and ask opinion ba.

Anyone here made pants before know what to recommend?

ahbao666

Reaction score
Just got back from Bangkok...
went to Paul's Fashion on Saturday morning (Amari Watergate), very empty, probably the first customer of the day. (first time there). Should be the correct place, name card etc all the same...
Strangely, he told me that they only have 2 types of 2ply cottons for shirt, Egyptian @ 750 baht and Italian @ 1000 baht. He said pants were 1,200 and 1,500 bahts.
I made 3 shirts (@ 1000 baht) and 1 pants (@ 1,500 baht) in the end.

Is this the normal pricing? or did i get the wrong kind of material? The pricing looks different from what other forumers have posted earlier.

yups, me went today also, very empty at Paul's Fashion, will quoted the same, 750 and 1000 baht for 2 types of cotton, but service sucks so in the end only do 2 shirts juz to try their workmanship.contrast still needs add 100 baht for each shirt.

like dun wan do biz like tat, after tat went to boss ave, impressed by Dave n his staff service, very friendly n nice, did 4 shirts in the end. same prices as seen in forum, 900, 1050 and 1250 three ranges.

tml gg back fitting at both paul and boss. will update everyone after fitting :)

lousylah

Reaction score
so, what was ur total damage for Boss ave for 4 shirts??
(did u write or did i missed out ;p?)

THB4400 - blended and 1-ply one each; two 2-ply

I see.. I thought wool would be very warm too.. cook my poor crown jewels in the process.. haha

my experience with wool is it is meant to keep you warm. thats why 100% wool sweater is more ex than 100% cotton ones.

never had wool pants before though.

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
tailored 4 shirts and 1 pants at boss ave few days ago.

20130605_071455_zpsae94ab65.jpg

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Maybe as a note to others. My Boss shirts so far are great to wear. But I noticed that the blended shirts do not really expand so when hugging me, its not as comfortable me as the other cotton shirts. So next time round I think I will just make 1 ply cotton at least. But 1200 for 2 ply to me is already a very good deal.

undryoasis

Reaction score
fyi: CROWN TAILORS will be in Singapore from the 4th of July until the 9th of July 2012.

just email them for more details.

Crown Tailor will be in Singapore this year from 12-22 July.

They state - "We do expect that you come dressed in your best fitting suit/shirt/pants OR bring them along so that it makes it easy to measure & fit with you."

And this is how they avoid fitting problems, since second fitting for possible alterations is not possible.

I would like to seek feedback from previous customers who have undertaken such service - if quality in fitting of final product is still not compromised after all. Thank you!

RiRi85

Reaction score
Maybe as a note to others. My Boss shirts so far are great to wear. But I noticed that the blended shirts do not really expand so when hugging me, its not as comfortable me as the other cotton shirts. So next time round I think I will just make 1 ply cotton at least. But 1200 for 2 ply to me is already a very good deal.

Would you pay 1200b for a blended shirt then or 1500b for a pure cotton shirt?

Oh and normally how much do they charge for contrast and/or customization?

For Crown ?

Too many options... I don't know where to start LOL :s13::s22::s13:

Squared_circle

Reaction score
Crown Tailor will be in Singapore this year from 12-22 July.

They state - "We do expect that you come dressed in your best fitting suit/shirt/pants OR bring them along so that it makes it easy to measure & fit with you."

And this is how they avoid fitting problems, since second fitting for possible alterations is not possible.

I would like to seek feedback from previous customers who have undertaken such service - if quality in fitting of final product is still not compromised after all. Thank you!
fitting wise would be ok, considering from your best fit shirt you can mention which part you want less (take in more) or which side you want more room for movement etc.

Again, it would help if you guys contribute your thoughts on what type of fitting deviation you want from your present best fit.

If i'm not wrong it should be a package deal and it's better to take their mid level fabric at a minimum.

undryoasis

Reaction score
fitting wise would be ok, considering from your best fit shirt you can mention which part you want less (take in more) or which side you want more room for movement etc.

Again, it would help if you guys contribute your thoughts on what type of fitting deviation you want from your present best fit.

If i'm not wrong it should be a package deal and it's better to take their mid level fabric at a minimum.

I'm going for cotton-blend wrinkle-free shirts.

What materials for suits to be wrinkle-free, low maintenance but not 'cheap-looking'?
Is Microfibre good enough? Wool-blend better?
I reckon 100% Wool is not necessary since fashion sense is low locally.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Would you pay 1200b for a blended shirt then or 1500b for a pure cotton shirt?

Oh and normally how much do they charge for contrast and/or customization?

For Crown ?

Too many options... I don't know where to start LOL :s13::s22::s13:

1200 is not blended bro. 1200 is 2-ply cotton. Boss did not charge me extra for any contrast or customization. Embroidery is extra 50 baht which I did not opt for. Blended are 900 baht which I tried as I have all 3 shirting ranges.

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
yups, me went today also, very empty at Paul's Fashion, will quoted the same, 750 and 1000 baht for 2 types of cotton, but service sucks so in the end only do 2 shirts juz to try their workmanship.contrast still needs add 100 baht for each shirt.

like dun wan do biz like tat, after tat went to boss ave, impressed by Dave n his staff service, very friendly n nice, did 4 shirts in the end. same prices as seen in forum, 900, 1050 and 1250 three ranges.

tml gg back fitting at both paul and boss. will update everyone after fitting :)

Any updates and pics?

gabrielworld

Master Member
Reaction score
guys if i intend to go over BKK to tailormade a wedding suit for myself. maybe two set and how much will that cost?

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm going BKK tomorrow. Between Crown and Boss, which is more recommended?

I'll be making some 2-ply shirts, maybe 2 at each shop to check their quality but I read that Boss is providing contrasts FOC and of course seems like a better deal.

Any advise?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, i am gg to BKK next week 3D2N. do u think time is sufficent for tailoring shirts and pants?

Very tight but possible. If anything is off you probably won't have time to make changes and collect it so they may have to post it to you.

I'm going BKK tomorrow. Between Crown and Boss, which is more recommended?

I'll be making some 2-ply shirts, maybe 2 at each shop to check their quality but I read that Boss is providing contrasts FOC and of course seems like a better deal.

Any advise?

No harm trying both shops to see the difference, that's the only way you can tell which to go with in future.

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
Very tight but possible. If anything is off you probably won't have time to make changes and collect it so they may have to post it to you.

No harm trying both shops to see the difference, that's the only way you can tell which to go with in future.

True! Have a tentative appointment with crown tomorrow evening but not boss, hope I can make it to both shops. Both accept cc right?

cool_ocean11

Reaction score
Hi guys,

May i know the address for Boss and Crown, how to get there from glow hotel? sorry if it had been posted b4.

thank you

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
True! Have a tentative appointment with crown tomorrow evening but not boss, hope I can make it to both shops. Both accept cc right?

Boss definitely. I think so for Crown too.

Hi guys,

May i know the address for Boss and Crown, how to get there from glow hotel? sorry if it had been posted b4.

thank you

Crown is at Soi 8 while Boss is at the corner of Soi 6 towards Soi 7. Nana BTS is the nearest. If you're coming from glow, just take a taxi to Nana. Crown will be a lot nearer to Nana than Boss. They are on opposite sides of each other but take note there's a few other Boss so only go to Boss Avenue and look for Dave.

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
Boss definitely. I think so for Crown too.

Crown is at Soi 8 while Boss is at the corner of Soi 6 towards Soi 7. Nana BTS is the nearest. If you're coming from glow, just take a taxi to Nana. Crown will be a lot nearer to Nana than Boss. They are on opposite sides of each other but take note there's a few other Boss so only go to Boss Avenue and look for Dave.

Several bosses? I was looking at Google Maps and saw this Boss Avenue, black signboard white fonts. Is this the right boss?
2013-06-1210_06_48-Bangkok2013June-GoogleMaps.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.