Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
anyone know where to buy dtac 299Baht prepaid card if i land at don muang airport? because don't remember there is shop selling dtac prepaid card when i landed at don muang airport 1 year ago.

BeeGees

Reaction score
I think ur fren had bought for u the 49 bahts per day unlimited data and not the 299 bahts for 7days unlimited. How much did he pay for it?

He bought the baht299. He sent me the WhatsApp pic. I was surprised to see on the cover saying free unlimited Internet for 1 day.

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to buy what to buy o.o.

or anyone has the card hehe i can buy from u .

Last edited:

wangchan89

Reaction score
hotspot tethering

i'm going to bkk for 4 days, and was thinking of getting the happy tourist sim card at thb299 (feels troublesome to get the thb49 sim card for 4 days, although its cheaper)...

i'll be using iPhone 5, and I know dtac has nanosim. would like to ask for the 7 days unlimited data usage, does it allow the iPhone 5 to do the hotspot sharing?

thanks!

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which sim card ish the cheapest one? just for local calling, 3days trip only...only for calling if our groups are separated...

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can I buy the card, don't open or insert into any phone and bring back?

Can it be stored for later use?

aroimakmak

Reaction score
i'm going to bkk for 4 days, and was thinking of getting the happy tourist sim card at thb299 (feels troublesome to get the thb49 sim card for 4 days, although its cheaper)...

i'll be using iPhone 5, and I know dtac has nanosim. would like to ask for the 7 days unlimited data usage, does it allow the iPhone 5 to do the hotspot sharing?

thanks!
yes, they nano sim is available. you can do hotspot via your iphone 5

timothy

Reaction score
Reached BKK airport on 25 May ard 10.30am, Q up at Dtac for Happy Tourist SIM (many ppl queuing) , was told they are running out of Nano SIM for iphone5, bo pian took the normal SIM, luckily got spare Samsung phone.

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Reached BKK airport on 25 May ard 10.30am, Q up at Dtac for Happy Tourist SIM (many ppl queuing) , was told they are running out of Nano SIM for iphone5, bo pian took the normal SIM, luckily got spare Samsung phone.
anywhere else to buy besides airport?

Beno777

Reaction score
I bought back 4 last Tuesday. There a sticker saying " activate SIM in Thailand by 30 April 2014. Initial free 100 baht call credit, valid for 35days"

Beside dtec counter at arrival, both 7-11 within the airport also carry this Happy Tourist Sim.

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Counter 7 says to get happy tourist sim for iPhone 5 from town area, out of stock in airport.

xiaoekin

Master Member
Reaction score
any prepaid card that support blackberry touch???

i need normal sms service, and blackberry or 3g service for maps and whatsapp....

please advice...

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dtac have the Blackberry prepaid card.

any prepaid card that support blackberry touch???

i need normal sms service, and blackberry or 3g service for maps and whatsapp....

please advice...

xiaoekin

Master Member
Reaction score
it seems like its impossible for me to have both.... in my blackberry......

is either i wanna have whatsapps or normall sms....

think i need to bring 2 phones.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.