which is better? Realtek® ALC892 or Roccat's KULO sound card?

zjlim86

Reaction score
Hi all..as above..mainly for gaming, music and movie..

would love to heard all comments from all. Thanks!

betadyne

Reaction score
No idea about KULO but Realtek onboard codec is about the worst out there....lol....

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For onboard sound, 892 is really crappy, clearly much worse than the newer 898 and 1150.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get a Creative Labs card or a Xonar card. But if you only need headphones, get a Logitech gaming series with USB.

zjlim86

Reaction score
Get a Creative Labs card or a Xonar card. But if you only need headphones, get a Logitech gaming series with USB.

are you trying to say with a usb headphone, there is no need to buy a sound card or DAV?

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
which slot sound card uses?

Asus Xonar DG/DGX or DX/DSX? Both below $100. My friend bought the DGX but he wasn't able to differentiate the difference with onboard. Not quite sure if his speakers are not good enough or he is not an audiophile.

zjlim86

Reaction score
does it mean that getting a usb headset will be enough? there is no need to get a sound card?

laser168

Master Member
Reaction score
Asus Xonar DG/DGX or DX/DSX? Both below $100. My friend bought the DGX but he wasn't able to differentiate the difference with onboard. Not quite sure if his speakers are not good enough or he is not an audiophile.

those asus sound card. btw what is DAC it's a better sound card which is outside of the cpu like a speaker?

snipes14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The ALC1150 is quite decent on my MSI GD-45 Gaming... I guess I can be considered an audiophile. My audio gear includes Audio-Technica A900 as well as a whole lot of IEMs.

Cryogenist

Reaction score
$100 at most can get the Xonar DGX, DSX or those low end Sound Blaster.

Low end Recon3D seems pretty bad from the reviews.

Maybe can try getting the older Titanium X Fi though need to top up abit.

M_16

Master Member
Reaction score
Do all DAC sound better than a sound card, or on board sound if using normal PC speakers like the creative gigaworks 2.0?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this kind of topic is normally very open ended... some people argue that today's onboard sound is pretty decent but personally i prefer to plug in a sound card if possible.

bhtan83

Reaction score
For audio quality, only for those who are very particular about music and u r able to differentiate the full range of frequency. Even if u have a very good sound card and a lousy speaker of cos the speaker is unable to produce that full range of frequency.

So if u really want to spend under $100 and hope to upgrade your sound quality (almost no point cos budget too low or top up a bit). Ur best bet is those head phone that comes with usb sound adapter. Check out asus orion pro.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.