Amazon now offers free international shipping to Singapore... (strictly no referral link)

Kairos

Reaction score

It seems the online retailer wants to get you shopping, and has offered free shipping to India and Singapore to customers who order at least US$125 worth of goods. There are caveats: The products must be tagged under the AmazonGlobal program and sold by Amazon.com.

Source: cnet.com

:eek::eek::eek:

twasken

Reaction score
I ordered a Sandisk Extreme SSD during the last promo, indeed free shipping!

"The products must be tagged under the AmazonGlobal program and sold by Amazon.com." though, no 3rd party sellers with listings on Amazon.

simon45op

Reaction score
I ordered a Sandisk Extreme SSD during the last promo, indeed free shipping!

"The products must be tagged under the AmazonGlobal program and sold by Amazon.com." though, no 3rd party sellers with listings on Amazon.

got to play around with the settings. there is a filter on the left that u can select "AmazonGlobal Eligible" and if u order 125$ in total for items that qualify - voila free shipping!

it can be quite finicky on which items qualify...e.g. only the asus n66u qualifies for this promotion while the n56u and ac66u doesnt work. USB-N53 qualifies too...much cheaper than IT Show price of S$75...but warranty may be an issue.

o maybe thats why =:p

Last edited by a moderator:

yancm2

Master Member
Reaction score

No. Look at its product info page.

Product Details

Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 3.2 x 4 inches ; 9.6 ounces
Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
ASIN: B00CO8T9VM
Item model number: BX80646I74770S
Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#53 in Electronics > Computers & Add-Ons > Computer Components > CPU Processors
Date first available at Amazon.com: June 1, 2013
Did we miss any relevant features for this product? Tell us what we missed.
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually it's known that only Amazon global products can ship to SG. The only news is free shipping above $125usd. Apparently not everything under the sun. Quite limited actually.

Kairos

Reaction score
Actually it's known that only Amazon global products can ship to SG. The only news is free shipping above $125usd. Apparently not everything under the sun. Quite limited actually.

If they like, they can expand the product range down the road?! :s11:

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Consumers addicted to online shopping may have one more reason to shop with Amazon.com. The online retailer now offers free shipping to Singapore for orders above US$125, excluding taxes.

Announcing this on its website on Friday, Amazon said that only goods sold by the online retailer, which include books, music, movies and electronic goods, but not those from third-party sellers, will qualify for the AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping programme.

Purchases that are in stock will arrive in 11-14 business days under the free shipping scheme, which excludes items weighing 20 lbs (9 kg) or more, gift cards and some oversize items.

Depending on the products, consumers may enjoy substantial savings. Bargain hunters, for one, can look forward to cheaper consumer electronic goods.

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Can buy Klipsch Promedia 2.1 at only US$149. Convert to SGD at most S$190. That's like 43% off SG's price.
:)

BUT I think the power plug, etc is US kind.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
make sure the adaptors r voltage compatible since USA uses 110v. its easy to overcome the plug issue by buying cheap travel adaptors from sls for S$2 per piece. ive ordered a lot of items after i found out about the global shipping offer...including ssds, pcie network adaptor, onitsuka tiger shoes, plantronics BT headsets, etc etc

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also...some items like speakers, monitors, printers may not be eligible since they are quite bulky and heavy...u will know when u try to checkout and the free global shipping option is not available.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can buy Klipsch Promedia 2.1 at only US$149. Convert to SGD at most S$190. That's like 43% off SG's price.
:)

BUT I think the power plug, etc is US kind.

if u try to actually choose SG as your shipping destination, the order will fail. the reason could be that items must be ordered and shipped directly by amazon and not any of the 3rd parties...

SSDLover

Banned
Reaction score
SSD, graphics card, power supply, headphones, mechanical keyboards and etc ARE ELIGIBLE & AVAILABLE for free direct shipping to singapore;)

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
items sold r selective once u check e box AmazonGlobal Eligible LHS corner, i recently i bought for a fren in US samsung pro series ssd 512g thru amazon saved him almost SGD$200 a piece.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.