The China Android Phones, Best Value, Updates

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just thought of this as google play market once launched will quit: root the phone?

i couldn't root my tcl a506

now i have lenovo A830..

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
Nice review but the last post is anti climax. Nevertheless it showed further confidence building in MIC phones and I hope that my Umi X2 Turbo will not disappoint too.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you bean farmer for the review. i'll check the specifications and list them out for easy reference here:

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
i just thought of this as google play market once launched will quit: root the phone?

i couldn't root my tcl a506

now i have lenovo A830..

I actually managed to install the play store through the chinese store but it would close the moment I opened it. Apparently the only way to fix it is to get CWM or TWRP on the phone and flashing the gapps package which include the google services framework onto the phone as the chinese recovery can't flash the package.

In order to do that I had to create a scatter map for the phone using MTK droid tools then use SP flash tools to rip the rom from the phone and then using MTK droid tools again to generate a CWM based on the ripped rom. Flash the CWM ontp the phone and then install gapps package to get the google stuff working.

Did you A830 come with google play installed?

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
Nice review but the last post is anti climax. Nevertheless it showed further confidence building in MIC phones and I hope that my Umi X2 Turbo will not disappoint too.

Btw I only ran into this problem because I ordered my phone directly from taobao. If you order from an english reseller like antelife.com the phone comes with play store preinstalled!

enrell69

Reaction score

i tot u wanna sell it off?

Btw I only ran into this problem because I ordered my phone directly from taobao. If you order from an english reseller like antelife.com the phone comes with play store preinstalled!

how abt from aliexpress?

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
how abt from aliexpress?

Antelife's youtube video showed play store installed and google services running Antelife.com-------Xiaocai G6 Quad Core MTK6589 HD IPS Screen 1G/4G 13 MP Camera Dual SIM 3G - YouTube.

No idea about aliexpress but I would assume the same since they cater to the international market. If it doesn't you can always follow the guides online to install it. I was stuck for so long only because I couldn't figure out the problem which was actually Windows 8! You need to follow this to install the unsigned MTK VCOM Drivers:

How to disable driver signing requirement in Windows 8

I followed option 1.

enrell69

Reaction score
Antelife's youtube video showed play store installed and google services running Antelife.com-------Xiaocai G6 Quad Core MTK6589 HD IPS Screen 1G/4G 13 MP Camera Dual SIM 3G - YouTube.

No idea about aliexpress but I would assume the same since they cater to the international market. If it doesn't you can always follow the guides online to install it. I was stuck for so long only because I couldn't figure out the problem which was actually Windows 8! You need to follow this to install the unsigned MTK VCOM Drivers:

How to disable driver signing requirement in Windows 8

I followed option 1.
im still using ol win 7 :)

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
Results with WiFi analyzer at ~10m and a wall in between:

GS2 -> -45db to -50db
G6 -> -55 to -60db

enrell69

Reaction score

enrell69

Reaction score
how u guys rate chinapadmall? im thinking of x7 elite. chinapad gives protector, back cover and battery as free gift altho they r slighhtly more expensive than the vendor in alieexpress..

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a question, does these China phones comes with their own software or mostly 'pure android'?

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
Please understand that I am NOT putting the X2 Turbo for sale. I have done my reseach on this phone and read many reviews therefore to those who think that I am selling it, I feel the need to clarify this. Worse still there are ppl who think that they can get it from me at a lower price than I paid.
Google the X2 Turbo and you can get info and comparison youtube and yuko videos like myself. No need to PM individually. Share the info here and all can benefit.

3ddicted

Reaction score
hi im currently looking for a budget android quad core smartphone. I browsed around and found Huawei Honor 2. I think it fits my requirements and budget well at $380 from Whymobile.

Problem is today just found out Whymobile not selling it anymore, called and asked, he told me supplier do not provide anymore. Other alternative is mobyshop but theirs is 1gb ram which i dislike.

Anyone can advise other alternative models or sic lobang to buy honor 2 in singapore?

What i prefer is:

- $300-$400 budget w/o contract
- 2gb ram
- quad core

thats all, i only play 1 game and its not 3d plus usual watsapp and stuff, not heavy graphics user but i multi task alot so i need the 2gb ram and quad core. Now using dual core phone, feels like it cant keep up anymore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.