anyone used this mw600 SONY bluetooth device?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone used this mw600 SONY bluetooth device?

MW600S-main-image-620x440.png

im looking for a review how is it overall
plus the FM sound quality and reception for local FM radio

mirage6789

Reaction score
I bought one but very seldom use it. The touch control for adjusting volume is a pain in the A@@ to use. It is unresponsive maybe in 50% of the time. And when you accidentally touch it (happen many times) while trying to press the back/forward buttons, it will adjust the volume......

Tested with another set belonging to a friend and it has the same problem....

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been using it for a couple of years now.

Sound quality is not bad, but not fantastic either. Most Bluetooth receivers have the same problem.

When using it for FM radio, better to use a pair of earphones with a longer cable - it helps with the reception.

The original Sony Ericsson ones are the short type.

The volume adjustment (touch sensor slider) is a hit and miss affair sometimes, so is the selection of the Bluetooth source (same sensor).

The power and call buttons are a bit too flush with the body, so pressing them is a bit hard sometimes.

But it does what it is meant to do - provide a FM radio without having to lug a whole phone around.

Battery life is not bad for something so small.

Hope this helps.

This device is pretty old - still with Sony Ericsson branding. The new ones have a squarish/rectangular shape.

Last edited:

Antillas

Reaction score
if u are getting this, take care of the clip. My previous DS 200 bluetooth headset and this MW600 have very fragile clip and it breaks easily. Sony does not repair the broken clips also

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought one but very seldom use it. The touch control for adjusting volume is a pain in the A@@ to use. It is unresponsive maybe in 50% of the time. And when you accidentally touch it (happen many times) while trying to press the back/forward buttons, it will adjust the volume......

Tested with another set belonging to a friend and it has the same problem....

lol... got the same issue with the volume slider... pain in the ass..

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
volume can't use the normal hardware button ?

but the newer bt device I recall dont have fm tuner beside the highest end model which cost epic. but shorter battery life

The volume 'button' is a touch sensor. You slide your finger left or right against the sensor and the volume will increase/decrease. The buttons that you can press are only for play/pause, forward/rewind, power and call.

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
wow sbh50 so cheap ?
looka fishy
but mw600 if 60+ online still ok as retial around 80+

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is what mine looks like after 2 years. I covered the broken bit with scotchtape and it still works
e00mcx.jpg

Last edited:

alrbornE

Reaction score
I got my sbh-50 from sony centre at sim lim, i asked for discount they gave it to me for $99, i really like this sbh50, can see ppl's name. The mw600 i used to own a white one, only can show number, no name. And the volume control keep accidentally press.

One thing i don't like is that it doesnt use the custom ringtones i set for individual contacts, mw600 cannot i understand, after so many years, still cannot. I remember my 920 sony ericsson bluetooth last time can one. =(

If not, i think the SBH-50 is quite nice.

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my sbh-50 from sony centre at sim lim, i asked for discount they gave it to me for $99, i really like this sbh50, can see ppl's name. The mw600 i used to own a white one, only can show number, no name. And the volume control keep accidentally press.

One thing i don't like is that it doesnt use the custom ringtones i set for individual contacts, mw600 cannot i understand, after so many years, still cannot. I remember my 920 sony ericsson bluetooth last time can one. =(

If not, i think the SBH-50 is quite nice.

wow can get so cheap?
the sbh-50?
but how is the FM tuner on this sbh-50?
as i find the sbh-50 the clip is damm solid but what bad is shorter battlife

as compare to mw600
but if i dont install any appl on my androd and use sbh-50 wil stil works?

alrbornE

Reaction score
wow can get so cheap?
the sbh-50?
but how is the FM tuner on this sbh-50?
as i find the sbh-50 the clip is damm solid but what bad is shorter battlife

as compare to mw600
but if i dont install any appl on my androd and use sbh-50 wil stil works?

Sticker price is $108, I shall try FM later, I like nv use radio one leh, abit waste hor?
I installed the app for android, I nv try without the app, cos i want the call logs. Quite nice that i can view my miss calls and call logs from the headset, cos, most of the time i will charge my phone in office.
The clip is bigger and firmer =), battery life, i shall come back with report, i very kiasu one, got chance to charge only i charge. Especially in office hehehe, i charge my tablet, hp, bluetooth headset, 7,000 mah power bank. Yes i am cheapo i know. =P

Last edited:

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
Sticker price is $108, I shall try FM later, I like nv use radio one leh, abit waste hor?
I installed the app for android, I nv try without the app, cos i want the call logs. Quite nice that i can view my miss calls and call logs from the headset, cos, most of the time i will charge my phone in office.
The clip is bigger and firmer =), battery life, i shall come back with report, i very kiasu one, got chance to charge only i charge. Especially in office hehehe, i charge my tablet, hp, bluetooth headset, 7,000 mah power bank. Yes i am cheapo i know. =P

no wonder
ya sure help me test how good the FM tuner sound quaity and reception
i know the sound for mp3 should be quite good

but if i dont install appl can i still use the fm and mp3 and voice features?
i no need those call log example
but i like the solid built clip vs the mw600

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
teh Plantronics | BackBeat GO oso looks not bad
but haben got teh chance to really try out

btw if the clip of teh mw600 fell, u can try fix it back
check out teh following link

mobile01-63b352752e59bbf8a7fed3c550cf335d.jpg

mobile01-6891c1898baeb9cdcce48bb5ff4dfbac.jpg

mobile01-839def82cc0ce94cfcc1414ef85c90e3.jpg

[

thx raphy

yea I use to own a motorola bt with fm too
it battery life is quite good same for it mp3 quality but fm tuner sound is bad compare to ipod nano fm and can't even compare to sony. fm tuner

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.