How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think the chances of booking TP test at July/August at cdc? Because the earliest available TP test date is 1st October currently.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5 items only. imo the most impt is still the basics. eg. don't over-rev, don't jerk, late braking, safety checks, essentially safe driving lo. and also be confident. all the best.

reg the time slot, i would say take after lunch but not too late either. after lunch is normally the lepak period for everyone. i work in jurong and i go to woodlands industrial area sometimes for despatch and no matter what, i realize 1pm-3pm is where the roads are relatively clear, even at the expressway.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good to see some here passed at first attempt and after a few attempts, for those who failed, dun give up. i myself passed at third attempt.

time flies! 2 more months i can take down my P plate liao :D

i have drove ard sg, JB, melaka and phuket till date. :)

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think the chances of booking TP test at July/August at cdc? Because the earliest available TP test date is 1st October currently.
Book first think later!

I should have gotten the May date when I could but was holding out for an earlier date. In the end the earliest I could get was June liao

moregoodyears

Reaction score
If you got the skills, then I think TP is more or less about luck liao. See what type of tester you get.

For me I very Heng. Got a Malay tester, didnt talk much other than giving instructions. I didn't do small talk also, just yes sir only. Thank god he didnt take out the tablet, but he did remember all the major mistakes I did

Yes I did screw up. He say left I turn right. Bobian my mistake, just apologise while he kan me on the spot. Though my narrow courses and parking all swee swee but I strike kerb during parking once cos impatient.

I think my saving grace was the fact I emphasized on safety. I did all my safety check and blind spots. And the fact I am confident on the road since I ride bike everyday. U-turn, change lane all swee swee, car didnt stall once etc.

To be honest, if I tio those strict tester, I think i probably fail the moment i make the wrong turn liao.

Good luck to those still learning. Master the basics plus safety sure can pass la.

Ps: btw there's this aunty in the same session as me taking her 6th TP I think. All the SSDC instructors and some of the testers know her by name liao. Over heard the record at ssdc is 10 times wor. And she passed! So don't give up

Haha.. I also like u . My tester's surname is ong and i took the test at bbdc sat morn few years ago .Tester told me to start engine and turn left but i turned right:s13:.luckily ,tester very nice said never mind.:s12: I thought fail liao but I didn' see him record this mistake.My car crossed the white line in the circuit then he asked me open door to see then i just said sorry cos i turned too much :s13:.

I wayang alot during the driving test like turning of head to check blindspot and even saying 'check blindspot" lol.Road driving was more relax as i got the easy route (i think is route 2. heng ,never kena teck whye route with the slope and heavy traffic) and traffic was light. Blanga lorry driver even gave way and the blanga worker allowed me to go when he saw my car :s12:

At the end, tester asked me to stop the car and follow him to orpit .I knew I already passed when he asked me to wait outside office cause I know those who fail will have to enter orpit to listen to tester kpkb and grandmother story .Tester came out with the slip and asked me to go watch safety video . I was the first among those who took the same time slot as me to pass the test 1st attempt .:s12:

Last edited:

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to renew PDL after many years?

Hi

I passed my basic theory test and final theory test somewhere in 2007 when there was still an SSDC at Yio Chu Kang Road.

That centre has since been pulled down and moved to Woodlands.

I have also since moved from Serangoon Gardens to Queenstown MRT makign Bukit Batok Driving Centre at Bukit Gombak mrt my nearest test centre.

How do I go about renewing the Provisional Driver's Licence at BBDC

Do I have to take the schools theory test first then I can go to the traffice police test centre in BBDC to renew the PDL

I lost the old pdl as well so I believe I can renew by using my NIRC.

I might consider private lessons or the full Class 3.

I failed around 4 rounds of Class 3A but my course was from SSDC at yio chu kang mrt from 7 years ago so it might be more worth it to take class 3 instead as the licence is more versatile.

I am starting the enquiries now as I plan to resign after my contract is over so I will be able to start second week of September 2013 there abouts.

Thanks for help.

I will also be looking for recomendation for good private instructor.

My worse skill last time when taking the test was anything to do with reversing and parking.

Driving forwards and speed limis wise no problem.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You go to driving center to register, at the same time tell them you got BTT already. This way you don't have to go for the theory lessons and price is cheaper for registration I believe. That is the case for SSDC la.

BTT no expiry date, you straightaway can apply for PDL already. Upon registration, straightaway book your FTT. The queue is 2-3 months long.

If you want your license fast, go school and ask them got express package or not. If you go ssdc, during registration you book for 20 pracs on the spot they allow you to book for TP immediately. More ppl more or less also need 20+ lessons to prepare so why not if you have the cash.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You go to driving center to register, at the same time tell them you got BTT already. This way you don't have to go for the theory lessons and price is cheaper for registration I believe. That is the case for SSDC la.

BTT no expiry date, you straightaway can apply for PDL already. Upon registration, straightaway book your FTT. The queue is 2-3 months long.

If you want your license fast, go school and ask them got express package or not. If you go ssdc, during registration you book for 20 pracs on the spot they allow you to book for TP immediately. More ppl more or less also need 20+ lessons to prepare so why not if you have the cash.

Er but I want to change school leh because nearer to my house.

FTT 2-3 months long wa so long. I rembember in 2007 it was only a month or so.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Er but I want to change school leh because nearer to my house.

FTT 2-3 months long wa so long. I rembember in 2007 it was only a month or so.

Ask whatever sch you want to go and see if got similar package or not.

I also similar case like you. Got BTT and FTT from years back. I didn't go for the theory lesson and my registration was cheaper. Was offered the express package, didnt took it cos not enough cash on hand.

I registered again in Jan at SSDC. Applied BTT on the spot and applied for FTT at the same time. My FTT date was in March. OTOT go for Pracs and got my TP date in Jun. From registration to my TP, exactly 5 months.

CallmeZen

Reaction score
not relevant, taking tp tmr for the first time.

any tips to shed?

those repeated to death like don't be nervous and such.. unavoidable la.

smallJB

Reaction score
hi, I just pass my tp, but I nv apply the license directly after my test as the system is down. is there any deadline for it?

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not relevant, taking tp tmr for the first time.

any tips to shed?

those repeated to death like don't be nervous and such.. unavoidable la.
Best tip: Don't forget to bring your IC and PDL. :)

For my test, got this xmm give IC only. Instructor ask her, wheres your PDL? She looked up and softly say, "I never bring..."

Don't know should I pity her or what sia.

CallmeZen

Reaction score

For my test, got this xmm give IC only. Instructor ask her, wheres your PDL? She looked up and softly say, "I never bring..."

Hahahahha. On my way there to cdc now for the last circuit before my test.

Bought some extra hot mint to keep my focus if I tremble. Hahaha

coutuser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also bring ftt slip. Never bring pdl means instant fail?

blurnard

Reaction score
Also bring ftt slip. Never bring pdl means instant fail?

bring FTT for what le....when u pass FTT no result slip given in the first place le....u don't anyhow give ppl advice when u haven't pass... my 2 cents worth

rilakkuma06

Reaction score
hi,

I have a very... stupid question to ask. LOL
I just passed my BTT, and the earliest FTT date I can apply for is in September. Can I still go ahead and apply for all driving lessons (both Circuit and Public road) before going for FTT? or I have to pass the FTT before I can go onto the public road?

Thanks in advance! :)

blurnard

Reaction score
hi,

I have a very... stupid question to ask. LOL
I just passed my BTT, and the earliest FTT date I can apply for is in September. Can I still go ahead and apply for all driving lessons (both Circuit and Public road) before going for FTT? or I have to pass the FTT before I can go onto the public road?

Thanks in advance! :)

can apply PDL once u passed BTT...meaning u can learn driving under a instructor be it private or with school.....

I had completed my learning before my FTT hence after passing my FTT I had to wait for another 3 months for my PT lor...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.