How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass?

• 1 time :o

Votes: 1,446 58.3%
  • 2 times :)

Votes: 577 23.3%
  • 3 times :(

Votes: 260 10.5%
  • 4 times :sad:

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • 6 or more times

Votes: 68 2.7%

• Total voters

rilakkuma06

Reaction score
can apply PDL once u passed BTT...meaning u can learn driving under a instructor be it private or with school.....

I had completed my learning before my FTT hence after passing my FTT I had to wait for another 3 months for my PT lor...
Hello blurnard,

so in other words I can already drive on public roads with the instructor once I have my PDL right?
so I guess I have to leave a lot lessons after my FTT since I don't think I can get a PT date that soon either...

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so in other words I can already drive on public roads with the instructor once I have my PDL right?

if under driving school there is designated routes u can drive only. if pte instructor i believe there is also designated routes set by themselves.

expressway u can't.

rilakkuma06

Reaction score
if under driving school there is designated routes u can drive only. if pte instructor i believe there is also designated routes set by themselves.

expressway u can't.
Hi d3n,

ok, thank you.
Got quite confused because my sister told me that when she took driving, her instructor kept asking if she passed her FTT already. if not she will be stuck doing circuit until she pass her FTT.

anyway, I applied for my FTT and the earliest date I got was only in September :((((((( should I start my driving lessons now or I should wait till I pass my FTT then go for driving lessons? I'm assuming that I won't get the practical exam date that soon also :/

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi d3n,

ok, thank you.
Got quite confused because my sister told me that when she took driving, her instructor kept asking if she passed her FTT already. if not she will be stuck doing circuit until she pass her FTT.

anyway, I applied for my FTT and the earliest date I got was only in September :((((((( should I start my driving lessons now or I should wait till I pass my FTT then go for driving lessons? I'm assuming that I won't get the practical exam date that soon also :/

i dunno about your sis. when i take my driving lessons with BBDC, there is a total of 5 stages. 1st stage is basically inside school circuit practising turning at road junctions. 2nd stage, go public route (designated routes) to be familiar with road, road symbols and traffic rules, 3rd stage will be learning circuit topics like reversing, parking etc, 4th stage is a revision of everything and 5th stage is a mock TP to see if u are ready for TP.

not sure how pte instructor works these days but sometime back a few years ago, when i went with pte instructor, first lesson i already on the road. :o

blurnard

Reaction score
Hi d3n,

ok, thank you.

maybe u can try to go for the lessons once a week or something like that...see for ur self if u r able to learn well not....if for eg u r the kan chiong type cant learn fast...then maybe u can go for more lessons etc...

for me I was under ssdc....basically I had pretty much completed all my learning before my FTT...so after passing my FTT and my TP date was about 2 months plus away...so I kinda stop going for lessons....only about 1 week before my TP then I went for another 5 more revision lessons.

tyjtht

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Passed yesterday,1st attempt.
Just a few pointers:
-Go slowly at circuit,no need to rush.
-parking must be careful,dont hit kerb.
-must wayang,i.e check blindspot,confirm safety for parking.
-slow down when approaching traffic light
-For manual,speed for "big" road is 4th gear,"small" road 3rd gear.(no need 5th gear)
-Relax,and show the tester u are a confident driver
Good Luck!!! :)

Last edited:

zeppelin

Reaction score
I'm a private student before and took my TP test at SSDC. I passed my test on 2nd attempt.
I'm very akaliao with my pte instructor, so during lesson we used to smoke and have coffee in between lessons.
As according to my instructor weather you can pass or not depends on the TP tester. If you suay suay got the strict like hell tester than he will definitely find your slightest mistake and give you 20++ points. That's how I failed my 1st attempt.
I drove very swee, no mistake perfect in the circuit. So this tester took me outside. That's where pressure me like hell. Obviously I did well but because he wants to fail me, he told me that I failed to confirm safety, never see mirrors and lastly when I enter the SSDC right aboutt the junction he told me that I failed to look at my right side for incoming cars....Bull****! I curse to myself LOL. This tester KNN do not want to pass me....

Another tip from my instructor, especially for gals or women. Dress nice, put a bit of make up and the best dress sexy. Confirm you will pass.....wahahahahaha lol......
He told me a China gal no confident to drive also can pass. Show some legs and the tester happy liao.........lol wahahahahahahaha

iammelvin

Reaction score
does anyone knows how many times tp tester can deduct us for turning steering whilst vehicle is stationary for parallel?
Decided to check this out after realising that previously i always strike kurb when turning the wheel back to straight in parking. Maybe i should try another method this time.

tyjtht

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone knows how many times tp tester can deduct us for turning steering whilst vehicle is stationary for parallel?
Decided to check this out after realising that previously i always strike kurb when turning the wheel back to straight in parking. Maybe i should try another method this time.

Only one time they can deduct(2 pts)....U need to learn to go at a low speed,and always check your side mirror when reaching the kerb

iammelvin

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! My friend told me max three times. Not sure how true.. Anyway. Thanks for the advise. Ssdc lvl one abit dark. I can't see exactly whether it's reaching anot. I rather - 2 then - 14 pts

a.ziqi

Reaction score
I'm taking my tp this coming thurs, and i'm very nervous. Just wanna pass once and for all. what do i have to take note when i'm in the circuit. and when i'm done parking do i need to do anything to let the tester know i'm done? Pls give some tips thanks:)

tyjtht

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! My friend told me max three times. Not sure how true.. Anyway. Thanks for the advise. Ssdc lvl one abit dark. I can't see exactly whether it's reaching anot. I rather - 2 then - 14 pts

I can confirm is one time for each parking (so 2 times max)

tyjtht

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my tp this coming thurs, and i'm very nervous. Just wanna pass once and for all. what do i have to take note when i'm in the circuit. and when i'm done parking do i need to do anything to let the tester know i'm done? Pls give some tips thanks:)

didnt your instructor told u that change to neutral gear and handbrake?Anyway some tester wont require u to do that,straight away drive out.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
closed to two years and im still kanchong when it comes to parallel parking . havent master it yet

a.ziqi

Reaction score
nope, but other than that he's a nice instructor. safer to do so i guess?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
closed to two years and im still kanchong when it comes to parallel parking . havent master it yet

u are not alone :s13:

but i wont kancheong liao
juz that it wont 1 time go in swee swee
have to keep adjusting inside the lot

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.