[Review] ASUS RT-N56U Wireless-N Dual-Band Router - Bringing Sexy Back

meganova97

Reaction score
Try Padavan firmware. It's much better than the official one :)

Hi Negativezero,

Will there be a significant difference if i upgrade to padavan firmware against current? I read some review about some unable to connect to wifi or more frequent drop of connection.

Thankz.

melisa8

Reaction score
Try Padavan firmware. It's much better than the official one :)

Hi Negativzero,
If I use Padavan without asking for direct ONT, can set the vlan thingy? I'm now using official firmware and vlan tagging. Can do the same using Padavan? If yes, please share how to do it. TIA.

elyap33

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need help here. I have just upgrade my firmware to 3.0.0.4.360. After the upgrade, i'm unable to connect to G, connecting to N was fine. Anyone know how to fix it?

Can you check your wireless configuration to see if you have chosen "N only"? You should choose "Legacy" or "Auto". I am on firmware 360 with "N only" as all my devices can handle N. ;-)

weiyang76

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems with PPTP VPN on Padawan's firmware from iOS 6.x clients. It's working fine with Android.

The only fix I got is to change the configuration via ssh before iOS works. But configuration reverts back when the router restarts.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Negativezero,

Will there be a significant difference if i upgrade to padavan firmware against current? I read some review about some unable to connect to wifi or more frequent drop of connection.

Thankz.
Never had that problem, I prefer this to the stock firmware because it is faster.
Hi Negativzero,
If I use Padavan without asking for direct ONT, can set the vlan thingy? I'm now using official firmware and vlan tagging. Can do the same using Padavan? If yes, please share how to do it. TIA.
Can set VLAN under the WAN settings.

Reaction score
Just a question to ask. Living in a 5room flat, if i would purchase a n56 and place at one end of house, and my desktop at the other end of the house. Will the n56 be able to send the signal over? My desktop wireless is tp link wn951n. please advice. many thanks!

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Just a question to ask. Living in a 5room flat, if i would purchase a n56 and place at one end of house, and my desktop at the other end of the house. Will the n56 be able to send the signal over? My desktop wireless is tp link wn951n. please advice. many thanks!

1. hit-and-miss. Your end interpretation and others might be different. if what you are talking is line-of-sight i will say, shouldn't be too much of an issue. Wireless is always hit-and-miss

2. already told you your adapter cmi.

why are you asking the same thing over and over again?

meganova97

Reaction score
1. hit-and-miss. Your end interpretation and others might be different. if what you are talking is line-of-sight i will say, shouldn't be too much of an issue. Wireless is always hit-and-miss

2. already told you your adapter cmi.

why are you asking the same thing over and over again?

You may want to go and buy Asus USB-N53 which is what I am using for my desktop now. My desktop is in my bedroom and router is in the living room. So far connection is fine.

meganova97

Reaction score
Never had that problem, I prefer this to the stock firmware because it is faster.

Can set VLAN under the WAN settings.

Negativezero,

I tried to upgrade the firmware to padavan latest but seems like the processing takes ages and I give up.
I log in to my Asus homepage, select browse to upgrade to the padavan firmware. Is this the correct method or I need to download another software?

According to the padavan website, the advice was that if the current FW is working fine and we do not need the latest upgrade, we should keep to the existing one.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
You may want to go and buy Asus USB-N53 which is what I am using for my desktop now. My desktop is in my bedroom and router is in the living room. So far connection is fine.

i have no issues with mine.

that is the prob. Can you guarantee USB N53 can do wonders? can get what your fibre subscription plan is? If LaughAtYourAss bought it and it did not get what you said, will you refund him?

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Negativezero,

I tried to upgrade the firmware to padavan latest but seems like the processing takes ages and I give up.
I log in to my Asus homepage, select browse to upgrade to the padavan firmware. Is this the correct method or I need to download another software?

According to the padavan website, the advice was that if the current FW is working fine and we do not need the latest upgrade, we should keep to the existing one.

yes.

then nothing to continue any further. You can stick to what you have if there is no issue with your current 1.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Negativezero,

The padavan firmware has a different interface from the stock firmware. So if you don't see it, the router didn't upgrade.

Anyway yeah, you should follow their advisory. If no problem, don't bother, unless you're a tinkerer and want better speed and stability :)

Simonkwq

Reaction score

Best lay lan cable direct connection

xingkia

Reaction score

u can try homeplug.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.