NOKIA LUMIA 1020

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who complain say not enough accessories for Lumia phones ...

HERE WE GO ...

67733_10151528086106200_242771040_n.jpg

AT&T video tutorials revealed for the Nokia Lumia 1020; shows upcoming accessories, costs $659 | Windows Phone Central

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
^ probably evleaks's source.. the fact that Nokia was working with third party accessory manufactuere before its announced too.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it, Lumia 1020 is the new flagship. 925/928 are just variants of 920. Since they have sorted out their manufacturing/supply issues, it can be made cheaper.

Lumia 1020 has a new unproven lens assembly so they have to charge more to compensate for returns & repairs. At the same time, due to the "prestige" they can have a higher profit margin & sell less units.

Of course, we'd all like consumers to "get" the message that the 41mpix super large sensor takes pictures almost as good as a DSLR & picture quality is unmatched by other smartphones & Nokia can sell 10million units in 1Q.

Maybe Nokia should just advertise that the Lumia 1020 takes DSLR quality pictures & let the press have a field day reporting on Nokia's "fraud" again.

The Lumia 920 "fake" OIS debacle certainly bought a load of attention even though it was "negative" publicity. However, getting the word out is more important than what the message actually is. ;)

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
only fanboy will pay a premium to get the phone his favourite phone manufacturer makes. :)

at least I have the ability to spend, unlike cheapskates like you whom still can't get away from Symbian because its cheap. You troll anything related to Nokia because you can't afford higher priced Windows Phone.

Oh wait Das Sadas, did you say you intend to purchase this too? LOL
You better go back to Malaysia and tend your farm, you are gonna blow the whole year's budget of your family's livestock.

Last edited:

Ibodnano

Reaction score
at least I have the ability to spend, unlike cheapskates like you whom still can't get away from Symbian because its cheap. You troll anything related to Nokia because you can't afford higher priced Windows Phone.

Oh wait Das Sadas, did you say you intend to purchase this too? LOL
You better go back to Malaysia and tend your farm, you are gonna blow the whole year's budget of your family's livestock.

people will buy this phone just because of its camera, the camera on 1020 has not be proved to be better than 808 which has much larger sensor size than 1020. Be a smart consumer and wait for the camera shootout between 808 and 1020 before making your purchase. Of course i really hope your beloved 1020 dethrone 808 and that your nokia did a revolution job instead of evolution in mobile photography.

From what i see from the official 1020 low light sample, it has more noise than 808.

Last edited:

jlhc87

Reaction score
Who gives a crap if 1020 is slightly worse than 808 (other than actual technical discussion). Symbian is not a modern mobile OS. If you want the best camera then buy an actual camera. What people are looking for these is a good combination of camera capabilities + phone.

bedlamite

Reaction score
The 1020 combines the 41MP camera with OIS, the 808 does not have OIS. The 1020 camera is also slimmer. This is just what I can remember from watching the conference, I'm sure there's more

also yeah, Symbian? C'mon son. It was a great OS for its time, but its time has passed. It is no longer a OS any mainstream user will choose, not in this day and age.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still no news for launch dates I suppose? Hope the pricing will not be crazy - perhaps $700 - $800 will be good.

:o

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
Still no news for launch dates I suppose? Hope the pricing will not be crazy - perhaps $700 - $800 will be good.

Patience is a virtue that most of us here don't have. LOL!

Technically, I have "heard" of a date ... but not consperm yet ... so cannot SPREAD. :p

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Patience is a virtue that most of us here don't have. LOL!

Technically, I have "heard" of a date ... but not consperm yet ... so cannot SPREAD. :p

I hope to get it before Xmas. Then can go pew pew decos....

Ibodnano

Reaction score
i am not talking symbian, i am talking the camera quality of 1020 vs 808, it is a step backward if 1020 not better than 808.

LouisLoh

Reaction score
i am not talking symbian, i am talking the camera quality of 1020 vs 808, it is a step backward if 1020 not better than 808.

You do realise even a considerable step backward from the 808 is still a whole leap ahead of the rest of the smartphones right...

And yea, the others mentioned larger aperture, OIS etc.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score

did you say to wait for reviews between the 808 and 1020 first?
How did you even know its a step backwards?

ptf, ran out of excuse and said crap bluntly. Your statements are full of contradiction.

One suggestion, Das Sadas. Go make your dim sum, noodle,etc at ding tai fung singapore and just shut up k? WAIT WAIT! Too bad, they only hire PRC lol.

Last edited:

Ibodnano

Reaction score
You do realise even a considerable step backward from the 808 is still a whole leap ahead of the rest of the smartphones right...

And yea, the others mentioned larger aperture, OIS etc.

in the camera aspect only. Pureview pro has nothing to do with windows phone.
larger aperture and ois do not help in image quality, there is many noise in the official nokia 1020 low light photo sample. May that be 100 minimum iso?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.