M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhWise

Reaction score
hey guys, i just sign up the fiber 300mbps and got the asus router free.

i miss out the opennet installation earlier on so no choice must choose this.
haha. my question is the installation of the opennet is from outside of our house to our home or? wanted to know how it is done. ): thanks!

from outside they drill a hole in and lay into your home. Usually place near a powerpoint or TV console area.

Image gotten from google
images

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those who had your white ONT changed to the black one,
need to reset router or internet just continuing working as normal

Ah_Ong

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to seek advise from you guys.

Currently I am using M1 200 Mbps with black Huawei ONT connected with aztech homeplug 200mbps in my living room, followed by another aztech homeplug 200mbps with engenius 9850 router to my desktop in my bedroom and I am still experiencing with my previous M1 speed of 50Mbps.

May I know what is the issue?:(:s11:

Last edited:

我要买GT-R!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to seek advise from you guys.

Currently I am using M1 200 Mbps with black Huawei ONT connected with aztech homeplug 200mbps in my living room, followed by another aztech homeplug 200mbps with engenius 9850 router to my desktop in my bedroom and I am still experiencing with my previous M1 speed of 50Mbps.

May I know what is the issue?:(:s11:

Homeplug bottlenecks the speed

hzseesee

Reaction score
Need experts here to explain.

When I connect my pc lan cable to Lan port2,3,4 on M1 black ONT instead of to ASUS N56 wireless router, there is no internet access.

Called M1, CSO explained that Lan port2,3,4 were not enabled because I only subscribed to 1 fibre plan. Only lan port1 on the ONT is enabled which I used to plug in the ASUS wireless router. She said this is M1 policy.

So, I am correct to say that the lan port2,3,4 on ONT (Huawei HG8240) cannot be used at all if one only subscribe to 1 fibre plan?

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need experts here to explain.

When I connect my pc lan cable to Lan port2,3,4 on M1 black ONT instead of to ASUS N56 wireless router, there is no internet access.

Called M1, CSO explained that Lan port2,3,4 were not enabled because I only subscribed to 1 fibre plan. Only lan port1 on the ONT is enabled which I used to plug in the ASUS wireless router. She said this is M1 policy.

So, I am correct to say that the lan port2,3,4 on ONT (Huawei HG8240) cannot be used at all if one only subscribe to 1 fibre plan?

Yes, the ONT is configured in bridge mode and only LAN port 1 is enabled. This ONT can also be configured in router mode just that it can't be done at client end.

hzseesee

Reaction score
Yes, the ONT is configured in bridge mode and only LAN port 1 is enabled. This ONT can also be configured in router mode just that it can't be done at client end.
Thank you, albertlee.

Look like I have no choice but to buy a 8-ports switch as my ASUS wireless router does not have enough ports for my use.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's the best or recommended home plug to go with 200/300 Mbps M1 plan ?

the bottleneck is your electrical wiring at home.

even if you buy the best home plug there is out there, your speed might not improve. home plugs are really hit or miss because its performance relies heavily on your electrical wiring.

wifi is still more reliable but the best is of course still LAN cables.

archie2000

Reaction score
bloody pissed off... my 5 days new m1 black ont broke down.. technician will only come down on tues that means 2 days withour internet and phone.. m1 cso said we offset the bill during down time and i told her off... its not about the money but the down time..

oakhub

Reaction score
bloody pissed off... my 5 days new m1 black ont broke down.. technician will only come down on tues that means 2 days withour internet and phone.. m1 cso said we offset the bill during down time and i told her off... its not about the money but the down time..

I am also having the same problem. M1 fibre down about 5 days after installation. The "LOS" light on the Black M1 ONT is blinking and I was told the Technician needs to come down and check it.

Is yours the same problem?

archie2000

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem. M1 fibre down about 5 days after installation. The "LOS" light on the Black M1 ONT is blinking and I was told the Technician needs to come down and check it.

my black ont totally no led light except the power led... check cable connection.. on and off modem switch... reset modem.. still the same.. confirm modem spoilt... I call m1 and sure the technician bring down a replaceable working modem and waste my time

Loirev

Reaction score
my black ont totally no led light except the power led... check cable connection.. on and off modem switch... reset modem.. still the same.. confirm modem spoilt... I call m1 and sure the technician bring down a replaceable working modem and waste my time

If you press the reset button on the ONT, it restores to huawei factory default,
and will not have the M1 settings necessary.

So if you encounter issues, just power on and off the modem,
but do not ever press the reset button.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score

Had this problem in early July. Not M1's problem in the end. Somehow, OpenNet's cabling was damaged at level 2 of my block. Took them about a week to resolve (M1 send tech, then tech say not their problem, will inform opennet, then opennet send tech).

Do note that when I called M1 up, I called opennet too but opennet refused to admit it's their problem til M1 tech came.

Can find my posting on OpenNet's FB page.

archie2000

Reaction score
If you press the reset button on the ONT, it restores to huawei factory default,
and will not have the M1 settings necessary.

So if you encounter issues, just power on and off the modem,
but do not ever press the reset button.

I on off the black into a few times still the same problem... called m1 tech support and the phony lady asked me to press the black ont reset button at the back of the modem but it's at the side.. also cannot work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.