Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

Cryogenist

Reaction score
i read tegra benchmark test wins snapdragon

Probably not Google choosing that is to maintain the low cost.

199 to 229.

Full HD Panel, Back Camera for 30 bucks?

Cut costs to the minimal.

But Snapdragon 600 is pretty powerful if they are using that.
Developer support will be much better also..

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm personally quite glad it is NOT a Tegra processor. The international version of the HTC one X had the Tegra 3, and despite being quad core did not deliver better performance than the dual core Qualcomm version at the time.

eBuddy

Reaction score
Any brother plan for mass order directly from playstore once available? I am using 1st generation 16gb Wi-Fi only Nexus 7. Plan to upgrade to 2nd generation Nexus 7 with 3G/LTE. PM me if you plan for mass order. Thanks

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any brother plan for mass order directly from playstore once available? I am using 1st generation 16gb Wi-Fi only Nexus 7. Plan to upgrade to 2nd generation Nexus 7 with 3G/LTE. PM me if you plan for mass order. Thanks

i am also interested to mass order :s12::s12:

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If its LTE equipped, the LTE might not work in Singapore.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm personally quite glad it is NOT a Tegra processor. The international version of the HTC one X had the Tegra 3, and despite being quad core did not deliver better performance than the dual core Qualcomm version at the time.

Yea I hope so too.. The tegra 3, I read , is the main cause behind the infamous kernel wake lock plaguing nexus 7....

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If its LTE equipped, the LTE might not work in Singapore.

Hope the this wed they announce new nexus that comes with 3G at least or else probably will go for nexus 7 3G first before buying the nexus 7/2 lte when it's launch :D

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope the this wed they announce new nexus that comes with 3G at least or else probably will go for nexus 7 3G first before buying the nexus 7/2 lte when it's launch :D

Haha I think there will be loads of used nexus 7 going around very very soon. Cheap Bargains for a device that's only a year old. Haha sounds like a good plan you have! Since you already using a note 2, did you also consider note 8?

iEatpraylove

Reaction score
Yes... I have to admit that despite the availability issues for the Nexus 10, it's actually a pretty cheap 10" for the specs.

i am using one right nao!
i have to say one word: SHIOK
just so you know im an ex iPad, iPad mini, samsung tab and note user
and coming from experience, nexus 10 is GODLIKE
and looking at nexus 7's specs i must say nexus 10 IS STILL GODLIKE
ppi is similar +/- 30
display and bezel, nexus 10 won cos less bezel around and bigger display
=))

Cryogenist

Reaction score
One gripe about general android tablets as a whole excluding the Samsung tablets is the lack of "true" multi-tasking.

The screen asset is so big to allow at least 2 apps to run side by side.
or even 4 if talking about 10in screen.

Samsung got their own exclusive Multi-Window thingy.
Sony have a somewhat multi-tasking pop-up widgets.

All other tablets dun not have any.

Alternative solution for now is flashing ParanoidAndoid with Halo if that tablet has that custom ROM available.

Ability to run ANY 2 apps simultaneously is really damn useful, which directly mimics normal desktop/laptop computing.

pustefix

Reaction score
Ability to run ANY 2 apps simultaneously is really damn useful, which directly mimics normal desktop/laptop computing.

I have only this need on very few occasions, most of the time is because I need to copy something from one app and paste it on another. Why do you need to run 2 apps side by side? I am not saying that it is not useful, just can't think of much use cases.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Haha I think there will be loads of used nexus 7 going around very very soon. Cheap Bargains for a device that's only a year old. Haha sounds like a good plan you have! Since you already using a note 2, did you also consider note 8?

i cannot stand note 2 or other samsung phone liaoo..

want to try pure android rom :D

Cryogenist

Reaction score
will the display be as good as retina?

According to the bull**** "Retina" standard coined by Apple,

Using the retina calculator online, based on rumored specs of 1920x1200 @ 7 inches.

Becomes Retina At Or Over
"11 inches"
Display Density
(28cm) 323.45 PPI
Aspect Ratio
16:10

I guessed it should be at "Retina" level.

Cryogenist

Reaction score
FRESH LEAKS FOR THE DAY

Source: Android Police

nexusae0_wm_0001_thumb.png

nexusae0_wm_0004.png

nexusae0_wm_0003_thumb.png

nexusae0_wm_0002_thumb.png

nexusae0_wm_0008_thumb.png

nexusae0_wm_0007_thumb.png

nexusae0_wm_0006_thumb.png

nexusae0_wm_0009_thumb.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.