POSB Invest Saver

yummyfei

Reaction score
These 2 plans main purpose only has 1 concept. The same marketing ploy.
$100 min per month. The product has differing sub concepts but the main concept is "give me your $100 monthly" and we invest for you.:o

like what you said in previous post lo... for beginner or low capital one lo...

reflush

Reaction score
like what you said in previous post lo... for beginner or low capital one lo...

ok, for beginner or low capital one, which one is your recommendation ocbc or posb?

from prev. post can i summary:
for each month invest up to $500, choose posb.
for each month invest above $500, choose ocbc.
is that correct?

can share more what to know when choose this two or perhaps there are other better(for beginner or low capital one)?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NikkoAM STI ETF 100 on SCB still the best IMHO.

Too bad it's not financially feasible for me to move all my lots over to SCB. Ah well, win some, lose some, but make sure you win more than you lose :)

lusunshine

Reaction score
There is an alternative way for you to invest in STI at even cheaper cost than POSB Invest Saver:

DBS/POSB is offering unit trust regular saving plan (RSP) at 0% sales charge for the first $500 per month per fund. However Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF is not under the subscription list, so the closest one to subscribe is Nikko AM MyHome Fund - HomeGrowth, it's 80% in Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF and 20% in ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/personal/docs/investments/additionalinfo/factsheets/homegrowth.pdf

Comparing two funds annual management fee, 0.5% vs 0.2%, still better than paying 1% sales charge.

How to do it:

Firstly, subscribe an minimal initial amount of $1000, the net sales charge is 1.5%
Secondly, setup the regular saving plan (RSP) to invest up to $500 per month into the fund, it will be 0% sales charge.

Everything can be completed via ibanking including future redemption, there is no redemption charges for DBS/POSB unit trust investments.

Although this promotion is subjectd to renewal once a year, DBS/POSB has been renewing it for the past 4 years as what I can recall.

If you don't like the 20% bond allocation, another alternative is Nikko AMSingapore Dividend Equity Fund, the fund has outperformed its benchmark STI Index consistently and paying monthly dividend at 5 to 7%p.a.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/personal/docs/investments/additionalinfo/factsheets/nam_shenton_sg_div_eq.pdf

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ok, for beginner or low capital one, which one is your recommendation ocbc or posb?

is that correct?

can share more what to know when choose this two or perhaps there are other better(for beginner or low capital one)?

your logic abit wierd

why favor ocbc > posb leh?

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
There is an alternative way for you to invest in STI at even cheaper cost than POSB Invest Saver:

DBS/POSB is offering unit trust regular saving plan (RSP) at 0% sales charge for the first $500 per month per fund. However Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF is not under the subscription list, so the closest one to subscribe is Nikko AM MyHome Fund - HomeGrowth, it's 80% in Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF and 20% in ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/personal/docs/investments/additionalinfo/factsheets/homegrowth.pdf

Comparing two funds annual management fee, 0.5% vs 0.2%, still better than paying 1% sales charge.

How to do it:

Firstly, subscribe an minimal initial amount of $1000, the net sales charge is 1.5%
Secondly, setup the regular saving plan (RSP) to invest up to $500 per month into the fund, it will be 0% sales charge.

Everything can be completed via ibanking including future redemption, there is no redemption charges for DBS/POSB unit trust investments.

Although this promotion is subjectd to renewal once a year, DBS/POSB has been renewing it for the past 4 years as what I can recall.

If you don't like the 20% bond allocation, another alternative is Nikko AMSingapore Dividend Equity Fund, the fund has outperformed its benchmark STI Index consistently and paying monthly dividend at 5 to 7%p.a.

http://www.dbs.com.sg/Resources/personal/docs/investments/additionalinfo/factsheets/nam_shenton_sg_div_eq.pdf

Singapore Dividend Equity Fund
http://www.dollardex.com/sg/index.cfm?current=investUT/fundOverview&p=#" ;-
Annual management/service fee 1.500%
Lowest dollarDEX sales charge 0.75%
Standard dollarDEX sales charge 1.50%
Prospectus maximum sales charge 3.50%

MyHome Fund - HomeGrowth
http://www.dollardex.com/sg/index.cfm?current=investUT/fundOverview&p=$"@3/0
Annual management/service fee 0.500%
Lowest dollarDEX sales charge 0.75%
Standard dollarDEX sales charge 1.50%
Prospectus maximum sales charge 4.00%

Last edited:

yummyfei

Reaction score

is that correct?

try to accumulate your capital as much as possible and wait for the mother of all crash then enter the market lo..

else if die die want.. take the regular saving plan.. every month invest 100 to have a feel on investing..

lusunshine

Reaction score
Singapore Dividend Equity Fund
Initial Sales Charge
3.50%
Management Fee
1.25% p.a

MyHome Fund - HomeGrowth
Initial Sales Charge
3.00%
Management Fee
0.5% p.a

Subscribe via ibanking, net sales charge is 1.5% after discount

lusunshine

Reaction score
1.5% still too high...

i only willing to pay less than 1% and Management Fee less than 1% p.a

I doubt if you read my post carefully. You only pay 1.5% for the initial amount not the subsequent monthly amount. Please do you own mathematics.

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt if you read my post carefully. You only pay 1.5% for the initial amount not the subsequent monthly amount. Please do you own mathematics.

i am old. i like to be simple and easy.

don't like things so complex, too much calculation make me headache

reflush

Reaction score

How to do it:

Hi..,
can guide more detail how to:
Firstly, subscribe an minimal initial amount of $1000.
example: what to subscribe?
Secondly, setup the regular saving plan (RSP) to invest up to $500 per month into the fund.
can i just walk-in to dbs and let them do for me for 1st time?
or what i should tell them about that 2 thing?

hope with detail step by step, other beginner can know better too.

lusunshine

Reaction score
Hi..,
can guide more detail how to:
Firstly, subscribe an minimal initial amount of $1000.
example: what to subscribe?
Secondly, setup the regular saving plan (RSP) to invest up to $500 per month into the fund.
can i just walk-in to dbs and let them do for me for 1st time?
or what i should tell them about that 2 thing?

hope with detail step by step, other beginner can know better too.

Step 1: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Purchase -> Cash Purchase -> Select fund manager (Nikko AM) -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm
Step 2: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan -> Setup/Update Regular Savings Plan -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm

Don't walk in branches as 1.5% sales charge is only applicable via ibanking.

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
Step 1: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Purchase -> Cash Purchase -> Select fund manager (Nikko AM) -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm
Step 2: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan -> Setup/Update Regular Savings Plan -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm

Don't walk in branches as 1.5% sales charge is only applicable via ibanking.

so 1.5% is for first transalction and each RSP also 1.5% or any min cost?

Zhuang

Reaction score
so 1.5% is for first transalction and each RSP also 1.5% or any min cost?

If my understand is right. - "setup the regular saving plan (RSP) to invest up to $500 per month into the fund, it will be 0% sales charge."

You only pay 1.5% of 1k for initial (first) transaction. Subsequent RSP monthly purchase will be not have any sales charges as long as not >$500

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
Poems also have Share Builders Plan similar like OCBC and POSB but cost more..
http://www.poems.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=102&lang=en

i think have sales charges... if dont have it is very stupid...

dollarDEX Investments is An Aviva company also have RSP and VSP.

Regular savings plan (RSP)
https://www.dollardex.com/sg/index.cfm?current=investUTrsp/home

Value averaging plan (VAP)
https://www.dollardex.com/sg/index.cfm?current=investUTvsp/home

select Nikko AM

Poems also have RSP for UT
http://www.eunittrust.com.sg/RSPApproved.aspx

Last edited:

charliek44

Reaction score
Fees

The sales charge is 1%, but in the FAQ it says, "The average subscription price is calculated by dividing the total cost of purchasing the shares of the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF by the total quantity of shares purchased on that day by the Bank."

They didn't define the "total cost of purchasing the shares", but it is ambiguous enough such that they can include additional trading fees, clearing fees, GST, etc. in this figure. They can even include the cost of labour if they wanted to. If they are in fact doing this, then the 1% sales charge isn't the only fee the customer pays. The customer would effectively be paying all other fees by paying a higher per share price than the open market price.

We can only find out whether there are other fees when we compare the average subscription price to the market price on the day of purchase.

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
The sales charge is 1%, but in the FAQ it says, "The average subscription price is calculated by dividing the total cost of purchasing the shares of the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF by the total quantity of shares purchased on that day by the Bank."

They didn't define the "total cost of purchasing the shares", but it is ambiguous enough such that they can include additional trading fees, clearing fees, GST, etc. in this figure. They can even include the cost of labour if they wanted to. If they are in fact doing this, then the 1% sales charge isn't the only fee the customer pays. The customer would effectively be paying all other fees by paying a higher per share price than the open market price.

We can only find out whether there are other fees when we compare the average subscription price to the market price on the day of purchase.

the cheapest is to buy 1 lot Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF using SCB online trading as 1 lot cost $300++

SCB online trading comission is 0.2%

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea, diy your own share builder.
buy thru scb. :)

don't forget these plans lag. u apply, they need time to process and buy for you.

a variant of unit trust so to speak. cut off this middleman food chain. buy nikko etf urself.

Mr Shiny, don't think shld sticky it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.