Calling on all TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router users!

killerslayer92

Reaction score
There seems to be some concern over this router's stability. Are there any current users of this router who can share their experiences, both good and bad?

Read a few forum posts on the official TPLink forum and seem like there is an issue with speed dropping to 0mbps after starting off fast. Any current users experience this problem or other problems please share :) Thanks!

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Tiagong new firmware coming out soon which should address this issue.

luna_sea83

Reaction score
Just gotten this last week. Seems that it's pretty true that the problem did happened to me few times, even though wifi signal was strong, I did experienced drastic drops in surfing websites and did not load.
After maybe 30 secs, speed was back to normal.

Should not have happened since I was upgrading from an older TP-LINK model which supports up to 802.11n only, and everything was working great til I got this Archer 7.

killerslayer92

Reaction score
Just gotten this last week. Seems that it's pretty true that the problem did happened to me few times, even though wifi signal was strong, I did experienced drastic drops in surfing websites and did not load.

Should not have happened since I was upgrading from an older TP-LINK model which supports up to 802.11n only, and everything was working great til I got this Archer 7.

so you experience websites that took 30s to load finish? did u experience drastic drops in download speeds? how often does this happen? please elaborate the circumstances (eg how long was the router on, intensity of network load, which ISP etc)

i would like to try and replicate the results as so far mine is working ok. note ive read some forums stating the issue is due to the NAT feature, u can try to turn it off and see if it helps.

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score

Try this method:
source: TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) Wireless Router Review | Without The Sarcasm

To overcome the download getting stuck you should not disable the hardware NAT, as that guy ensures the high WAN to LAN translation. A better solution is to enable bandwidth control and set it to the speed limit of your provider. This solved the problem for me without losing the hardware NAT, as my ISP download speed is 120Mbit :)

killerslayer92

Reaction score
Try this method:

To overcome the download getting stuck you should not disable the hardware NAT, as that guy ensures the high WAN to LAN translation. A better solution is to enable bandwidth control and set it to the speed limit of your provider. This solved the problem for me without losing the hardware NAT, as my ISP download speed is 120Mbit :)

ohhh but sg ISP dont seem to cap on the bandwidth. I see speeds greater than 200mbps for my 200mbps plan. so is the solution to simply add a cap for the sake of solving the problem or must the cap be near to the ISP bandwidth? eg should i set a fake cap like 999mbps?

killerslayer92

Reaction score
oh btw for general knowledge, during setup i encountered a problem where none of my devices can connect due to invalid password. i narrowed the problem to the auto security feature. u must set it manually to WPA2 or WPA whichever u prefer

luna_sea83

Reaction score
so you experience websites that took 30s to load finish? did u experience drastic drops in download speeds? how often does this happen? please elaborate the circumstances (eg how long was the router on, intensity of network load, which ISP etc)

i would like to try and replicate the results as so far mine is working ok. note ive read some forums stating the issue is due to the NAT feature, u can try to turn it off and see if it helps.

Yup i did experience the drastic drops in speed, which takes about 30 secs or more to recover. Wi-Fi signal strength was still full! I could experience this more then 3 times during an hour usage.

Router has been always on since i got it last fri, usual few devices like laptops and ipads gets connected but not using the network at all times...Using M1 fibre 100Mbps.

Had turn off the hardware NAT and see how it goes for the next few days.

luna_sea83

Reaction score
Try this method:

Thanks for the suggestion, will try it too and see how it goes.

killerslayer92

Reaction score
Yup i did experience the drastic drops in speed, which takes about 30 secs or more to recover. Wi-Fi signal strength was still full! I could experience this more then 3 times during an hour usage.

Router has been always on since i got it last fri, usual few devices like laptops and ipads gets connected but not using the network at all times...Using M1 fibre 100Mbps.

Had turn off the hardware NAT and see how it goes for the next few days.

this is freaky. i clicked on hardwarezone forums and my archer c7 decided to quit. i had a no connectivity icon on windows, couldnt even access the router settings page! lasted for a few minutes, decided to restart the router and problem solved. went into the system log, oddly the log started recording only a few minutes ago when the router has been running all day. to summarise, the router seemed to have restart by itself and tried to request a new DHCP (im nt sure how to call this) but it failed to get a new IP address either from the ONT or from M1. it said "no response". :s

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
this is freaky. i clicked on hardwarezone forums and my archer c7 decided to quit. i had a no connectivity icon on windows, couldnt even access the router settings page! lasted for a few minutes, decided to restart the router and problem solved. went into the system log, oddly the log started recording only a few minutes ago when the router has been running all day. to summarise, the router seemed to have restart by itself and tried to request a new DHCP (im nt sure how to call this) but it failed to get a new IP address either from the ONT or from M1. it said "no response". :s

Yo,

Perhaps can call them and check with them.
See if they are as proactive as Asus:s13:
So far my connection ok leh...

Details:
Singapore
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES (SG) PTE. LTD

Welcome to TP-LINK

Sales phone:
+65 8429 7983

Address:
20 Maxwell Road, #07-13/14 Maxwell House Singapore 069113

Service Center:
1 Upper Aljunied Link, #06-04, Blk "A", Singapore 367901, Asia Radio 2000 Pte Ltd.

killerslayer92

Reaction score
Yo,

Perhaps can call them and check with them.
See if they are as proactive as Asus:s13:
So far my connection ok leh...

Details:
Singapore
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES (SG) PTE. LTD

Welcome to TP-LINK

Sales phone:
+65 8429 7983

Address:
20 Maxwell Road, #07-13/14 Maxwell House Singapore 069113

Service Center:
1 Upper Aljunied Link, #06-04, Blk "A", Singapore 367901, Asia Radio 2000 Pte Ltd.

i'll monitor the situation for now, hopefully its a one off occurrence. Hope the firmware update comes soon :\

luna_sea83

Reaction score
Still disappointing to say after switching off the hardware NAT and enabling the bandwidth controls, i still experience the occasional drop outs.

killerslayer92

Reaction score
Still disappointing to say after switching off the hardware NAT and enabling the bandwidth controls, i still experience the occasional drop outs.

how often?? so far besides that one hitch with the no connectivity mine been working fine. maybe RMA?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm 300Mbps starhub fiber still using Huawei getting about 50Mbps Wi-Fi. anyone, how about archer c7? thank you

killerslayer92

Reaction score
I'm 300Mbps starhub fiber still using Huawei getting about 50Mbps Wi-Fi. anyone, how about archer c7? thank you

for a 300mbps plan u will need a router that offers high processing power. high end asus and tplink routers have processors that are rated at more than 800mhz which will deliver high throughput. As for the C7, i have been using for 2 weeks, only one hiccup. so far still going strong. if u have the cash and want the reliability go for the asus ac66u or the upcoming ac68u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.