POSB Invest Saver

rerear

Reaction score
Is there an option similar to invest saver, but using cpf monies? BTW anyone knows what is the Market allocation for Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity? Is also into sti etf? What percentage?

lusunshine

Reaction score
So, u bought the dividend equity direct from Nikko AM? how much is the minimum amount u need to invest every month?

You can't buy unit trust directly from fund managers, must go through distributors, like banks, FSM and etc. For Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity Fund, minimum initial amount is 1K and minimum monthly amount is 100.

lusunshine

Reaction score
Is there an option similar to invest saver, but using cpf monies? BTW anyone knows what is the Market allocation for Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity? Is also into sti etf? What percentage?

I don't think there is any similar options for CPF money due to various restrictions imposed by CPF Board. Nikko AM Singapore Dividend Equity is a active-managed unit trust and it has no allocation on STI ETF although its benchmark is STI itself.

tobiast

Reaction score
Hi, just to ask for the promo it states that 0% sales charge ends on 31 Aug. does this apply to the following month deduction on 12th Sept or only on 12 Aug?

HoJolene

Reaction score
<quote>
Can I still hold my units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even after the termination of my RSP?
Yes, you can hold on to your units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even if you have terminated your RSP. Should you decide to subscribe to the POSB Invest-Saver again, you can do so via any of our ATMs.
<unquote>

I don't quite get the above from PIS website, tt is if I've subscribe PIS thru RSP, how can I be still holding on the units if RSP has been terminated? pls enlighten me... thks

tobiast

Reaction score
I don't quite get the above from PIS website, tt is if I've subscribe PIS thru RSP, how can I be still holding on the units if RSP has been terminated? pls enlighten me... thks

PIS is a RSP but after terminating this RSP you still have holdings of your units

Can I still hold my units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even after the termination of my RSP?
Yes, you can hold on to your units in the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF even if you have terminated your RSP. Should you decide to subscribe to the POSB Invest-Saver again, you can do so via any of our ATMs.

If you decided to sell the units it is redemption of the units and not termination

10. What will my redemption price of the POSB Invest-Saver be?
Your redemption price would be based on the average redemption price on the Business Day following your redemption instruction, or such other day determined by the Bank in good faith and in a commercially reasonable manner.

The average redemption price is calculated by dividing the total proceeds from the shares sold by the total quantity of shares sold, based on the aggregated orders of all customers who sell their shares of the STI ETF on the particular redemption date. All customers who redeem the Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF will be accorded same average redemption price.

All these are taken from the FAQs

CaressOfVenus

Reaction score
Step 1: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Purchase -> Cash Purchase -> Select fund manager (Nikko AM) -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm
Step 2: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan -> Setup/Update Regular Savings Plan -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm

Don't walk in branches as 1.5% sales charge is only applicable via ibanking.

So recommended fund to choose will be MYHOME FUND - HOMEGROWTH right?

GenuineSeller

Reaction score
At the fee of 1% of the monthly investment amount, minimum $1 (for the minimum amount of $100/month), they are completely undercutting OCBC's BCIP. Well done :D:D

I thought OCBC BCIP comms is only at 0.3%, isnt it cheaper than POSB 1%?
Kinda confused....thanks.

Solution9

Reaction score
Step 1: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Purchase -> Cash Purchase -> Select fund manager (Nikko AM) -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm
Step 2: Login your DBS/POSB ibanking -> Investment & Trading -> Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan -> Setup/Update Regular Savings Plan -> Select the fund name -> Submit -> Confirm

Don't walk in branches as 1.5% sales charge is only applicable via ibanking.

So lets say I sign up an RSP thru this format, invest $100 monthly thru my savings/GIRO account. Whats next, do I have to constantly log in buy/sell shares?

Another eg: Put in monthly $100 for one year = $1200. So this $1200 will grow much >$1200 as compared to my $1200 in normal bank savings account WITHOUT me doing anything? Thus I can withdraw out my capital of $1200 + $xx amount?

Don't really understand how to earn the extra profits!!

haido80

Reaction score
Just purchase and set up RSP.. but shouldnt the RSP charge be FOC for 2 months? how come showing 1%?

2RiSE7c.jpg

imaraq1

Reaction score
Just purchase and set up RSP.. but shouldnt the RSP charge be FOC for 2 months? how come showing 1%?

2RiSE7c.jpg

If you had planned to set yourself up on the invest saver plan, I think you've keyed in wrongly. The name of the fund shouldn't be SINGAPORE DIV EQTY S$

And it says the sales charge is 3.5%, not 1% (that's a discount) :s22:

haido80

Reaction score
Oops.. thought i can select any one under NIKKO ASSET MANAGEMENT ASIA LIMITED. Then which one should i choose?

quantcall

Reaction score
I thought OCBC BCIP comms is only at 0.3%, isnt it cheaper than POSB 1%?
Kinda confused....thanks.

i also cannot see any selling point of posb invest saver if you compare it to ocbc plan, ocbc is two way, so it charges 0.6%, but still low than posb.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Comparing OCBC launch special of 0.3% it is indeed better than POSB. However the regular rate is minimum five buck which makes it worse off than POSB. On face value one is offering a special rate and the other a standard rate. We can argue both ways that OCBC can extend their special while POSB can change their standard. We are not buying one-off here but a period of time. Unless someone can tell me that OCBC rate is final and won't reverse back to minimum five buck, I would consider POSB positively. Anyway I dun have OCBC acct but many here have POSB acct. Must take into consideration other factors like keeping minimum balances in saving acct and monthly charges. Your saving of 0.7% can evaporate very quickly.

i also cannot see any selling point of posb invest saver if you compare it to ocbc plan, ocbc is two way, so it charges 0.6%, but still low than posb.

Solution9

Reaction score
So lets say I sign up an RSP thru this format, invest $100 monthly thru my savings/GIRO account. Whats next, do I have to constantly log in buy/sell shares?

Another eg: Put in monthly $100 for one year = $1200. So this $1200 will grow much >$1200 as compared to my $1200 in normal bank savings account WITHOUT me doing anything? Thus I can withdraw out my capital of $1200 + $xx amount?

Don't really understand how to earn the extra profits!!

hello, any anyone care to clarify how it works?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.