most valued prepaid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivancen

Reaction score
not sure if it works this way, can someone clarify?
Singtel prepaid mobile (from website):
1-Day Ultimate 2GB Data = $6
7-Day Value 10MB Data =$1

Does it mean if I get the $6 data and then topup after 1 day and I can continue using the leftover data from day 1 for the next 7 days for just $1?

Thanks.

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
To answer your questions to the best of my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong:

-If I now own a normal sim card I need to change to a 3G SIM card?
Depends on your phone and the speed you hope to surf. To enjoy 3G, you need a 3G phone and 3G SIM (normal or micro size depends on your phone).

You can also choose to use GPRS/EDGE using 2G, but will be slow. But probably OK if you just use it only occasionally for some quick info checks.

Then again 3G is everywhere now, so I would recommend you choose 3G if possible.

-Which is a 3G SIM card?

Not sure about the exact differences. But they are radically different in term of design within to the engineers.

The 3G UMTS system added increased security and improved address book. Visually to a layman like me, a 2G SIM and 3G SIM of same size looks physically identical, and I can't tell the difference. However, obviously using a 2G SIM in a 3G phone will not connect you to the 3G network.

-Which should I buy if I want to purchase prepaid data plans such as those shown (the 200MB for $10 one) : ("Most Affordable Data Plans" Section) -- the "Benefits | Singtel" page, the first result when searching "Benefits mobile data plans singtel prepaid"

It depends on your usage pattern I believe. Do you use data intensively over a long or short period, or you seldom use data at all except on some ad hoc basis?

If you mainly use SMS and voice calls, you can make do without a data plan and still be charged according to data volume transferred. The rates can be 2.7 cents or 5.4 cents per 10kb transferred.

However, if you are planning to surf Web, watch video, run mobile apps, do frequent social networking, message using WhatsApp, WeChat and LINE, data plans gives you better rates and value-for-money i.e. more data at lower costs.

I believe any excess data transferred that exceeds the max quota, or data transferred after expiry of your subscribed data plan period will get charged as per normal (per 10kb block).

I think what I need to do is buy a 3G SIM Card (but I don't know which one), and then use the phone to buy a prepaid plan (through calling *363 to subscribe -- but how does that work?)

I believe if you're looking at SingTel, there's only the Hi!Card?

Never tried this before, but I'm making a guess here.

With the Hi!Card inserted, you should be connected to SingTel 3G network. Dial *363 and call like it's a normal phone number. I believe your phone will then provide you with instructions once connected. They can be either in the form of audio interactive voice response system (press number and # hash key) or visual text menus on your phone screen (press certain number for certain option). Once the data plan is selected and confirmed, SingTel will deduct the data plan payment from your Hi!Card balance.

Yo2020

Master Member
Reaction score

Does it mean if I get the $6 data and then topup after 1 day and I can continue using the leftover data from day 1 for the next 7 days for just $1?

Thanks.
don't think so coz different type.
but mayb the 7-day value surfer pack n 7-day super surfer pack can b mixed (as mentioned in post #3), with each top-up subjected for 30 days'validity.

Last edited:

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone give the android config settings for prepaid data usage? apn, etc?

HoGnix

Reaction score
PHP:
can someone give the android config settings for prepaid data usage? apn, etc?

No need configure at all (my phone is a Android phone ).

If you are a casual user, the overall cost is not so much and even lower than those mobile broadband plan. ($1 for one week), so far I used up to around 250M data only.
Just remember to top up to extend the data validity.

You can use your phone to surf below WEB for easy top up.

https://inno.ideas.singtel.com/myhiaccount

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but i have totally no data coming in after activating. I think i need to setup the apns.

I don't even get the 3g icon at the top of the pone.. i have this when I use 3g in other countries.

HoGnix

Reaction score
but i have totally no data coming in after activating. I think i need to setup the apns.

I don't even get the 3g icon at the top of the pone.. i have this when I use 3g in other countries.

No Idea. My one is like "Plug and Play" type for 3G Hi Card.
You have to enable the mobile data.

From My Phone:
Under Setting--> Data Usage--> tick "on" on mobile data selection.
and click "more" under data usage---> Click Mobile Network--> select data enabled.

I never set any access point names and parameters, now it shows APNs is IDEAS, and the detail below,

Name: IDEAS
APN: e-ideas
Proxy: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: not set
MMS proxy: not set
MMS port: not set
MCC: 525
MNC: 01

Mr_AliMaMa

Banned
Reaction score
You can buy the conbination of $1 for 5MB (7 days ) and $7 for 1G ( 7 days).
So one $7 for 1G + three $1 for 5M = 1G data ( 21 days).:s12:

huh this doesn't make sense at all. :s11:

how to get 1GB data for 21 days when you only pay 1GB for 7 days and 5m 3 times for $1?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still no luck at all and my 7 days is almost up. Very strange. Totally no data reception at all.

icebaby13

Reaction score
Which phone you are using ? i can try to help you

I use sony ericsson xperia

Setting can download like this in my phone

Go to setting---under Device click on Xperia----there i have option to download internet setting

most of the Android phone, the method some what like this....

hope this can help

i am using 7-day $7 value 1 gb plan.every week i top-up 7-day $1 value 10mb plan.

so for 10 dollar i am getting 1gb for almost an month

Last edited:

Cloudi

Reaction score
Which phone you are using ? i can try to help you

I use sony ericsson xperia

Setting can download like this in my phone

Go to setting---under Device click on Xperia----there i have option to download internet setting

most of the Android phone, the method some what like this....

hope this can help

i am using 7-day $7 value 1 gb plan.every week i top-up 7-day $1 value 10mb plan.

Is there any expiry in dates? Or is it works the same way as prepaid top up card? Which allow the value to rollover?

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

English damn jialat, I think i'll help the rest to rephrase the above if i'm not wrong.

$7 for 1GB for 7days. But if you cannot finish the 1GB by the end of 7days, you can actually roll over instead of subscribing another "$7-1GB-7days" plan. So to "cheat" this system, you have to buy the "$1-10MB-7days" plan to rollover that 1GB you haven't finish.

Correct?

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking of signing a 2-year m1 mdata value+ @ S$12 per month for 2GB with the free wifi modem

take out the sim and use inside my old Samsung galaxy s but have to pay additional charges for phone calls and sms which i seldom use

is anyone doing this now?

think it is quite troublesome to top-up every 7 days and my 2G starhub edge very slow and quite expensive S$20 per 30 days

tried it as i have S$50 accumulated balance for 5 years but was quite disappointed with the 2G sim card speed

a bit puzzled why Telco don't have a sim only plan with 3GB data bundled with 30 mins talktime and 50 sms at the price of S$15

why are they bundling more sms and talktime and less data, feel its a waste to subscribe when most of the sms and talktime never use :(

HoGnix

Reaction score
For Singtel 3G hiCard, the Data Expiry date can be roll over, you can top up $1 for 7 day plan in one day 52 times, so you spend $52 and the data expiry date will be extend by 52 weeks ( 1 year).

Cloudi

Reaction score
For Singtel 3G hiCard, the Data Expiry date can be roll over, you can top up $1 for 7 day plan in one day 52 times, so you spend $52 and the data expiry date will be extend by 52 weeks ( 1 year).

Wow starhub prepaid card works different way. User have to wait till the last day of expiry date for topup to maximize the extension. Guess singtel is the best option right now.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like you said, buy Singtel 3G prepaid 3G SIM card for $15, then dial *363# to add data.
If you have other teleco's 2G prepaid SIM card, you can port over to Singtel without change your HP number.
200MB for $10 ( 30 days ) is not a best option.
You can buy the conbination of $1 for 5MB (7 days ) and $7 for 1G ( 7 days).
So one $7 for 1G + three $1 for 5M = 1G data ( 21 days).:s12:
Is actually 28 days, not 21.

$1 is 10MB.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
this 2 doesn't stack, tried it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.