insurance pay by credit card

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
I've personally asked one of the NTUC insurance ppl and NTUC does not accept payment by credit cards. Only your first premium is payable by credit card, subsequent monthly premiums are not.

When your premium is due, go to AXS and make payment. If it is successful, good for you. After all......you have nothing much to lose except the time taken to key in the details and swipe your credit card. There are many DBS points to gain. ;) If you believe them and pay in the usual way, by GIRO, cheque, ibanking or whatever......you will get nothing/zilch.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've personally asked one of the NTUC insurance ppl and NTUC does not accept payment by credit cards. Only your first premium is payable by credit card, subsequent monthly premiums are not.

Well, that's true but AXS + DBS CC is special. NTUC will not allow CC payment for 2nd year onwards but they accept AXS payment. And DBS allow you to use their CC to pay at AXS, its a DBS feature. When you pay at AXS, it will reflect as an AXS transaction not CC transaction to NTUC.

Even bill payment at DBS iBanking also reflect as AXS transactions. :s22:

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, i tried using axs for insurance payment earlier on with both citibank / dbs cc.

limit is 3k? i need to pay more than that. anyway to increase?

I called citibank and CSO say 3k is the standard and only way to increase is to call axs????
Have not tried calling dbs yet.

any1 knows?

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
guys, i tried using axs for insurance payment earlier on with both citibank / dbs cc.

limit is 3k? i need to pay more than that. anyway to increase?

I called citibank and CSO say 3k is the standard and only way to increase is to call axs????
Have not tried calling dbs yet.

any1 knows?

Pay 3K with dbs cc and 3K with citibank cc? Or pay 3K on one day, 3K on another day, etc until you have paid off the amount owing for the insurance. Maybe you can even pay 3K in one transaction, then 3K in another transaction on the same day and see if the system will let you.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you asking about the limit imposed by AXS or by the payment recipient? AXS's payment limit is $9999.99, not know about the latter.

if AXS limit is 9999.99. then i have to increase the limit through the banks u mean?

citibank CSO say 3k payment via AXS is the max and its imposed by AXS across all banks. so CSO is wrong?

rhyolitester

Reaction score
if AXS limit is 9999.99. then i have to increase the limit through the banks u mean?

citibank CSO say 3k payment via AXS is the max and its imposed by AXS across all banks. so CSO is wrong?

From my experience, I paid my Ntuc annual premium of 5K via AXS using DBS CC. No problems. 3K limit via AXS is probably the NETS limit. Are you paying by NETS? if by NETS, you can try paying 3K first then the balance in a seperate txn immediately after. my nets limit is 5k and i have to pay 3K followed by 2K before i switched to using dbs CC for my insurance.

frustrateddude

Reaction score
Paying at AXS:

DBS - allows 3k per transaction, total of 5k per day
Citi- allows 2k per transaction (not sure of total/day mostly probably 5k too)

Last edited:

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score

paid 7K++ using dbs cc in 3 seperate transaction as max amount per transaction is only 3k.

frustrateddude

Reaction score
my bad.
the assumption was the last time I paid my dbs/citibank bills using nets (xtrasaver account)

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The max amount for each transaction is 9999 I think. There is no limit per day.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
What insurance coy u paying and do u start payment at AXS by choosing the DBS logo first?

I'm paying tokio marine. Yes chose cc payment. Same 3k limit imposed for both DBS and citibank.

Max amount per transaction via axs for tokio marine policy is 3k. This might be the case for tokio marine policies only as some of you mentioned that u have transacted more than 3k for taxes etc.

I called DBS cso before that and she say that there shouldn't be any limit too. The limit will be capped to my credit limit.

However when I tried, this isn't the case.
Guys, Anyway case closed and thanks for the help.

cyberac

Reaction score
Re

Well, that's true but AXS + DBS CC is special. NTUC will not allow CC payment for 2nd year onwards but they accept AXS payment. And DBS allow you to use their CC to pay at AXS, its a DBS feature. When you pay at AXS, it will reflect as an AXS transaction not CC transaction to NTUC.

Even bill payment at DBS iBanking also reflect as AXS transactions. :s22:

Didn't know that. Thanks for highlighting this. :)

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than tokio and Ntuc insurance where we can use DBS and Citi credit cards to pay at AXS, which other insurance companies also support such payment mode?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.