Recommend a Good and Cheap Air-Con Service Company

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Dvrormt,

Usually mold is caused by condensation or dark/humid poorly ventilated conditions that aide in mold growth. For masterbedroom sometimes its due to the bathroom that is connected to the masterbedroom especially if it is used for bathing. Hot water will cause steam to escape into the master bedroom itself and cause condensation to happen at the walls and with the correct conditions molding will happen.

When it comes to aircon, a leaking/badly condensing trunking/pipings might lead to mold growth over time. Are the 2 black mold patches anywhere near your aircon trunkings/pipings or is it a near distance to the patch of wall whereby your aircon is directly facing? When the air emitted from the aircon is pointed directly at a patch of wall which is very near to the unit itself, condensation will occurs at that particular patch which in the correct conditions will result in mold growth over time.

If the black mold is anywhere near your aircon trunking/pipings, you can consider to chemical overhaul your aircon first to clear your aircon unit of any mold/bacteria/grime which could have accumulated over the 1 year. By giving your aircon a thorough cleaning will help to reduce condensation. Afterwhich it would be better that you do not on the unit until you cleared up the mold.

Mold can be rather difficult to eliminate so good luck on that.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
░▒░▒░▒ ░▒░▒░▒
░▒░▒░▒ ░▒░▒░▒

Currently, I have serious mold problem in my master bedroom (one year vacant). Two 10 squared cm black mold on the wall.

Do I engage a air-con service first or do I remove the mold first? As long I do not turn on the air-con after chemical wash, is it fine to service the air-con unit first?

Last edited by a moderator:

huatboyz

Reaction score
searched for a good aircon servicing company and found this thread n decided to give acecool a try based on feedbacks I saw here. Ive used many aircon servicing company and im glad to say acecool is the best I have seen so far. servicing was very thorough at my hse and did chemical overhaul at my mums place with a 6 year old aircon nv serviced and its not what I have ever seen. only the metal plates were left on the wall and everything else dismantled. previous have done spraying and such or using water trays blah blah. can realy c the diff the sincerity they put into servicing. Aircon is now cool as ever. Since ive found acecool here I decided its worth my feedback.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi Swordsman,

Understand from your posting on another thread that you are looking at window units.

Currently there are limited choices in the market for window units.
LG and Panasonic are the more popular ones.

If you are looking for the largest BTU, LG does have a 12000 BTU and a 16000 BTU model and the latter is not too common. Panasonic only carries 9000 BTU model.

Supposedly for HDB flats, 9000BTU should be sufficient to cool a bedroom however if you are those who is looking to cool the room really quickly or like you mentioned in another thread a polar bear, 12000 BTU and above seems to be the better choice.

You can also work out your required BTU based on the measurement of your room for a better gauge as it would not be really cost/energy efficient to have highly oversized capacity unit when a smaller capacity unit is sufficient to do the job but of course this would be up to your personal preference.

Energy saving wise unfortunately window units are not known to be really energy saving and the noise emitted is louder than a single split aircon.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
░▒░▒░▒ ░▒░▒░▒
░▒░▒░▒ ░▒░▒░▒

do you provide such services ? measurement and gauge whether 9000 or 12000 btu window aircon is needed ? installation etc ?

Last edited by a moderator:

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Swordsman,

I will drop you a pm on this instead.

Moderators have been rather watchful due to the constant advertisements that have been appearing in this thread. I would want to respect their stand and not risk getting infraction hence would prefer to bring my advices thru pm instead.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

do you provide such services ? measurement and gauge whether 9000 or 12000 btu window aircon is needed ? installation etc ?

kopitalk

Reaction score
Hi Jason, it's a pity that you no longer able to freely share your advice openly because it's quite delightful to read your informative posts. I believe many readers feel the same.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Kopitalk,

Thank you for your kind words.

We would be delighted to share advices/information thru this thread whenever possible as airconditioning issues can be a real headache sometimes.

However we would also like to respect the moderators/forum stance on advertising. We believe that the moderators are just doing their job and will be fair in meting out infractions/warnings to all those who crossed the line.

We have been requested to remove our Company Name, Contact Number and Webpage from our posting which we will adhere to for all future posting.
We believe that the regular forumers will know how to contact us for their issues/request.

We also believe that the people that visit this thread looking for advices will know how to reach us via pm or social media such as facebook or google etc if they require more information/advices.

This is a very informative thread with many valuable contributions not only from us but also from alot of other fellow forumers.
We believe this thread have served its purpose well for many of us and should continue to flourish.

We will still continue to provide information whenever possible via posting however we would prefer that fellow forumers contact us via pm if the subject touches on any services required from us.

Thank you once again Kopitalk and other fellow forumers for your support and as we have mentioned previously, it is thru people such as all of you that motivates us to do better.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham/Celia Lim

Hi Jason, it's a pity that you no longer able to freely share your advice openly because it's quite delightful to read your informative posts. I believe many readers feel the same.

wasana80

Reaction score
Hi anyone can help on my Mitsubishi Starmex sys3 inverter

All 3 fancoil was operating normally until last week when one of the fan coil when turn on for about 5-10 min it suddenly switches off, with one of the operational lamp blinking. Lourver vanes however were stuck in last position. The other 2 fan coil was working normally though.

Hence I use the remote to turn off and blinking light ceases. I turn on the fan coil again and the same scenario happen again. Sensing something is wrong I have stopped using that fancoil.

Jason, are u able to analyse wats the main problem?
Greatly appreciate

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Wasana80,

When a unit blinks, it signals that there is an error in the system which is why the aircon auto shuts itself down.

Usually there is an error code that is tagged to the blinking.
Are you able to advise the blinking pattern of the operational light? (Eg. 1 blink Pause for 2-3 seconds and repeat or 2 blink Pause for 2-3 seconds then repeat)

Are you also able to advise that before this fault happen, did you notice any symptons out of the ordinary with your unit and also did you get servicing done recently for your units?

A scenerio that we have met is whereby the louvers are not fixed properly. For Mitsubishi Starmex, the louvers are affixed onto the unit with a clip and is easily removable for cleaning. There is a contact point at the part whereby the end of the louver when being fixed back, have to touch the contact point firmly if the louver is not properly fixed, and the louver is set to swing over time it might cause the louver to loosen.
When this happens, the operational light will blink continuously and shut down.

There could be other possibilities such as indoor/outdoor thermistor fault etc.
If you do your own servicing and have removed the louver yourself recently, you might want to try taking off the louver and fixing it back again.

As there could be many possibilities that causes a unit to blink and shut down, do consider to have your aircon technican to do a check.

Let me know if you have other queries and I will try to advise to my fullest extent. Would be good if you can let me know the pattern of the blinking light or any other symptons prior to the fault.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi anyone can help on my Mitsubishi Starmex sys3 inverter

All 3 fancoil was operating normally until last week when one of the fan coil when turn on for about 5-10 min it suddenly switches off, with one of the operational lamp blinking. Lourver vanes however were stuck in last position. The other 2 fan coil was working normally though.

Hence I use the remote to turn off and blinking light ceases. I turn on the fan coil again and the same scenario happen again. Sensing something is wrong I have stopped using that fancoil.

Jason, are u able to analyse wats the main problem?
Greatly appreciate

wasana80

Reaction score
Hi Jason, thanks for the reply.

As for the blinking, it's a continuous blink, can't see any pause in between. As for lourver, have check. Dun seemed to have problem, if have, should be both ops light blinking instead of one according to manual. I'm afraid is the pcb not working. As per ur reply, replacing thermistor coil for indoor outdoor unit expensive. I very scare gotta replace the whole pcb circuit board. So can I say based on the blink light, it only the pcb fault only or the whole fancoil fault?
Hi Wasana80,

When a unit blinks, it signals that there is an error in the system which is why the aircon auto shuts itself down.

Usually there is an error code that is tagged to the blinking.
Are you able to advise the blinking pattern of the operational light? (Eg. 1 blink Pause for 2-3 seconds and repeat or 2 blink Pause for 2-3 seconds then repeat)

Are you also able to advise that before this fault happen, did you notice any symptons out of the ordinary with your unit and also did you get servicing done recently for your units?

A scenerio that we have met is whereby the louvers are not fixed properly. For Mitsubishi Starmex, the louvers are affixed onto the unit with a clip and is easily removable for cleaning. There is a contact point at the part whereby the end of the louver when being fixed back, have to touch the contact point firmly if the louver is not properly fixed, and the louver is set to swing over time it might cause the louver to loosen.
When this happens, the operational light will blink continuously and shut down.

There could be other possibilities such as indoor/outdoor thermistor fault etc.
If you do your own servicing and have removed the louver yourself recently, you might want to try taking off the louver and fixing it back again.

As there could be many possibilities that causes a unit to blink and shut down, do consider to have your aircon technican to do a check.

Let me know if you have other queries and I will try to advise to my fullest extent. Would be good if you can let me know the pattern of the blinking light or any other symptons prior to the fault.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Wasana80,

For Mitsubishi Starmex, if it is a PCB problem according to starmex error code, the blinking should be 4 times followed by a pause of about 5 seconds and it repeats. If yours is per what you describe a continous blinking maybe it is not a pcb fault?

If you are very sure that it is not the louver then another possibility will be the wiring and I would suspect most likely transmission issues which is the signal wire or it could be the indoor/outdoor pcb that controls the signal portion is faulty. This is a possible fault for continous blinking of starmex system.

The way the indoor and the outdoor unit communicate is thru signals and when either party does not respond after some time, the unit will raise an alarm and shut itself down.

Chances are replacement of pcb is more expensive then the replacement of indoor/outdoor thermistor. You might need to check with your aircon technician on the actual cost.

As there can be a few possibilities, it would be best that you get your current aircon technician to go down for a check and ascertain the actual fault before proceeding with any repair.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Jason, thanks for the reply.

As for the blinking, it's a continuous blink, can't see any pause in between. As for lourver, have check. Dun seemed to have problem, if have, should be both ops light blinking instead of one according to manual. I'm afraid is the pcb not working. As per ur reply, replacing thermistor coil for indoor outdoor unit expensive. I very scare gotta replace the whole pcb circuit board. So can I say based on the blink light, it only the pcb fault only or the whole fancoil fault?

Jerineng

Reaction score
Aircon servicing

Hi,

My 6 year old Mitsubishi system 3 have been acting strange lately.
1 of the unit is not responding to my remote and i am quite sure it is not my remote prob bcoz i tried on my other units and there is no problem.

Also the unit in my master bedroom is leaking on and off and it seems that the unit is giving off a rattling sound. Sometimes when i press hard on the cover the sound goes away It is really annoying especially at night. Also the aircon does not seem to be as cold as before.

Anyone experts here can advise what can be wrong with my aircon?
Many thanks in advance.

berkeley

Reaction score
thanks maxi for the appt slot tmr!
Just had my parents aircon (ME system 4 inverter) service by Jason (Maxi) today. My dad was very happy and concluded "he is very professional" lol. This is the first time he got his air-con service after installing them for 6 years! (seldom use)

Thanks Jason and Celia! keep up the excellent service!

anothermix

Reaction score
Just got my aircon overhauled by Jason (maxicool). now it is working perfectly fine and finally my aircon is cold again! Thanks Jason for ur time.

Very professional and thorough with his work!

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Any experts here that deals with Mitsubishi Starmex? I have the same problem occuring again, one side doesnt produce cold air, hence unable to cool my room. The last time it happened, I did a chem wash as recommended by the servicing guys who told me it is an unique problem with Mitsubishi Starmex and that it will happen again. Is there a permanent fix to this issue?

lynngold

Reaction score
Hi all, I have jus bought a 5 room flat in Hougang. I have 4 bedrooms and intend to install a new system 5 aircon so that my living room is also airconed. Not sure which brand has a system 5 and not sure which brand is good. Appreciate feedback/advice. thanks

projectlasvegas

Reaction score
Ace cool. 4Th aircon company I have engaged from this thread. Finally one that I can trust to sign up monthly servicing for my office and one which I think worth my feedback. Honest, energetic, friendly, servicing damn thorough and treats my equipments in office like their own unlike previous companies i have tried frm here. The technicians came abit late due to previous jobs but apologized and their worksmanship won over me. Personal frends in this thread told me they reply queries via pm and not trying to impress in the thread to get customers and unlike some other companies that post their cheap rates in the thread which I find it totally unprofessional and unacceptable. As a sales director I find it important to be able to win a customer's heart not by slashing prices or giving heaps of discounts but by proving that they have what it takes.

benoit_nly

Reaction score
Ace cool. 4Th aircon company I have engaged from this thread. Finally one that I can trust to sign up monthly servicing for my office and one which I think worth my feedback. Honest, energetic, friendly, servicing damn thorough and treats my equipments in office like their own unlike previous companies i have tried frm here. The technicians came abit late due to previous jobs but apologized and their worksmanship won over me. Personal frends in this thread told me they reply queries via pm and not trying to impress in the thread to get customers and unlike some other companies that post their cheap rates in the thread which I find it totally unprofessional and unacceptable. As a sales director I find it important to be able to win a customer's heart not by slashing prices or giving heaps of discounts but by proving that they have what it takes.

is it just me or are all the comments for acecool looks extremely fake? anyone of you share the same sentiments? lol!

the writing style for each post looks so similarly alike. if they are all the same person, i tink it is really quite disgusting for you to mislead fellow users here. if so, you should be equally ashamed as those whom you have described to be unprofessional and unacceptable. we are here to share our experiences and hopefully to learn smt from one another. we are definitely nt here for all these advertisements for sure.

so mr projectlasvegas a.k.a sales director.. are you the sales director of acecool? :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.