What you should know about applying for IPO shares listed in SGX

santacalus

Master Member
Reaction score
I trade with DBS Vickers, trying to apply IPO with my UOB Internet banking now (no trading account with UOB).

Clicked EPS/Securities/CPFIS > Securities > Securities application and the following error message came up:

Reference Code: EIC02-PBE000808
There are currently no Securities counters available through Personal Internet Banking. For assistance, please call 1800 397 6868.

What's wrong? Did I click wrongly? Must have UOB trading account to apply IPO through UOB Internet banking? I'm applying for SPH REIT btw, prospectus said can apply though UOB.

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your CDP account must be linked to your UOB savings.
nothing to do./ involved with DBS vickers or DBS bank :)

Raicore

Reaction score
Hi all.
Am new here and to investing too.
Lets say I am successful in getting some reit lots. If I were to trade, I need to open an account in one of the broker firms first?
I cant just sell, doing it from the ATM?
Any cheap broker platforms for reccomendation where I can trade at my on timing online?
Thanking in advance.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
Am new here and to investing too.
Lets say I am successful in getting some reit lots. If I were to trade, I need to open an account in one of the broker firms first?
I cant just sell, doing it from the ATM?
Any cheap broker platforms for reccomendation where I can trade at my on timing online?
Thanking in advance.

scb does not has minimun commission, so u can consider to transfer the reits to scb and sell but it gonna take 1-2 weeks

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to transfer the ipo to other brokerage?

you do not need to transfer the ipo to any other brokerage, successful ipo will be credited into your cdp before it is listed tomorrow

and so since your brokerage is already linked to your cdp (make sure it is, there are some brokerage that is linked to their custodian), so you can just sell from brokerage once it is listed :s12:

your brokerage will take from your cdp and deliver to your buyer on t+3 :D

congrats on your ipo

LemonSalmon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you do not need to transfer the ipo to any other brokerage, successful ipo will be credited into your cdp before it is listed tomorrow

and so since your brokerage is already linked to your cdp (make sure it is, there are some brokerage that is linked to their custodian), so you can just sell from brokerage once it is listed :s12:

your brokerage will take from your cdp and deliver to your buyer on t+3 :D

congrats on your ipo

Thanks Sinkie, me ish noob here. But i got 2 brokerage linked to my bank account, and I check one of them, and its not in the account. Isit must wait for tomorrow listing, or its in my other account?

My other account aplication not successful, don't know why still appear in my bank account, that's why i hope its not there.

Thanks!

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sinkie, me ish noob here. But i got 2 brokerage linked to my bank account, and I check one of them, and its not in the account. Isit must wait for tomorrow listing, or its in my other account?

My other account aplication not successful, don't know why still appear in my bank account, that's why i hope its not there.

Thanks!

Tomorrow call your broker and ask them whether is the account linked with Cdp or not then sell through that

Make sure u have successful allocation first before u sell

LemonSalmon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow call your broker and ask them whether is the account linked with Cdp or not then sell through that

Make sure u have successful allocation first before u sell

okay Sinkie, thank you for your advice, its really very useful. May you huat big big!:)

Solution9

Reaction score
hi, noob question here. I have a CDP account and a DMG brokerage trading account. My application for SPH reit IPO was successfully and how can I "see" my shares? 1. CDP account is just the 12 digit number right, or do I have to physically log into my CDP account to "see/check" my shares? if so, what's with the I-PIN, I don't remember having one myself!!

2. Or perhaps when SPH reit starts trading today (24/7/2013) in the SGX, then will I be able to "see" it from my brokerage trading account? And if so, to sell it just simply click sell? like directly and my cash will transfer straight to my linked savings account?

Sorry, 1st time buying shares, infact IPO is a first!

raven1019

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can go to SGX centre for instant reset of password , or u can do it online but it will take 3 working days if not wrong

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi, noob question here. I have a CDP account and a DMG brokerage trading account. My application for SPH reit IPO was successfully and how can I "see" my shares? 1. CDP account is just the 12 digit number right, or do I have to physically log into my CDP account to "see/check" my shares? if so, what's with the I-PIN, I don't remember having one myself!!

2. Or perhaps when SPH reit starts trading today (24/7/2013) in the SGX, then will I be able to "see" it from my brokerage trading account? And if so, to sell it just simply click sell? like directly and my cash will transfer straight to my linked savings account?

Sorry, 1st time buying shares, infact IPO is a first!

Print the below form, then fill in the highlighted i indicated, then mail back to cdp

http://www.sgx.com/wps/wcm/connect/182b318047ab4e19a0cfa5b5eac0cac8/Service+Application.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

aquK45z.png

if you are lazy to print/no printer + want to save stamp fee, then get your broker to send u a hardcopy + return biz envelope for you also :D

Last edited:

prokia

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the application of IPOs but after reading this comprehensive guide I would like to thank Sinkie for helping me and all the other newbies out there. Thank you so much =) But I have 2 qn still, pardon me if the solution is on this forum somewhere. Haha.

Suppose some guy wants to stag ABC IPO during the launch day but he dont have ibanking with DBS or UOB to check directly as mentioned in this thread. So he used the atm to apply for 1 lot of ABC. When is the earliest he will know or how can he know that he has been allocated successfully 1 lot into his CDP account before the counter is opened? I understand from this thread that checking the CDP account wont work as it will not reflect the allocated lot so quickly after the balloting.

Also, when will the cash(regardless of success of balloting) be refunded into the savings account of the buyer so that can can use it to apply for the next IPO or to buy his next meal XD

Haha thank you in advance
Happy IPOing

TheClicker

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the application of IPOs but after reading this comprehensive guide I would like to thank Sinkie for helping me and all the other newbies out there. Thank you so much =) But I have 2 qn still, pardon me if the solution is on this forum somewhere. Haha.

Suppose some guy wants to stag ABC IPO during the launch day but he dont have ibanking with DBS or UOB to check directly as mentioned in this thread. So he used the atm to apply for 1 lot of ABC. When is the earliest he will know or how can he know that he has been allocated successfully 1 lot into his CDP account before the counter is opened? I understand from this thread that checking the CDP account wont work as it will not reflect the allocated lot so quickly after the balloting.

Also, when will the cash(regardless of success of balloting) be refunded into the savings account of the buyer so that can can use it to apply for the next IPO or to buy his next meal XD

Haha thank you in advance
Happy IPOing
Hi prokia,

I guess the earliest u can find out about whether u are allocated successfully, is by check

from the atm again.(how i know?My wife queue at the atm for very long just to check)

If unsuccessful, the money will return straight to u.(how i know? because my wife was using my money).

Hope it helps :)

neolaw

Reaction score
Newbie here.

What if I applied IPO via iBanking and supply a wrong CDP number? (wrong = not mine).

Regards,

zypheus

Reaction score
Hi what will be the punishment if I make multiple applications for IPO shares using the same CDP account? :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.