NETS Flashpay Mcdonalds 5% Rebate

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was just able to register by clicking 'Yes, I have a MyNETS account'
, and clicking 'Not Registered" on the MyNets page. Will be buying the card today.

No option to top up using CC yet?

frustrateddude

Reaction score
I was just able to register by clicking 'Yes, I have a MyNETS account'
, and clicking 'Not Registered" on the MyNets page. Will be buying the card today.

the mcdonald card is valid till 31st dec13.
there is another new card for food n beverage (valid till June 2014 -no NTUC/Cold storage etc)
NETS : NETS

Last edited:

stiwipl

Reaction score
No option to top up using CC yet?

Bringing up this question. Can you top up this card online using credit card? That would mean Franks OCBC could be used for 6% cash back and then 5%cash back via McDonald's Flashpay at selected merchants... Something here sound too good to be true?

piaoxue

Banned
Reaction score
NETS : Get 5% Rebate with the McDonald

Anyone know the full list of places where you can get rebates using this card?
Any place accepted this card but exclude the following.

3. 5% rebate is only applicable to a minimum monthly spend of $30 using the McDonald’s FlashPay Card excluding payments via Kiosks, ERP and transportation fares and charges, capped at a maximum rebate value of $10 per card per month.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Any place accepted this card but exclude the following.

3. 5% rebate is only applicable to a minimum monthly spend of $30 using the McDonald’s FlashPay Card excluding payments via Kiosks, ERP and transportation fares and charges, capped at a maximum rebate value of $10 per card per month.

I definitely hit $30/month just by buying Toto/4D/Sweep. :o

frustrateddude

Reaction score
The 5% rebate can be claimed from today.
Do note July rebate is not given due to a bug problem (according to nets hotline).
The July rebate wil be given 15 Sept instead.

aster1

Reaction score
The 5% rebate can be claimed from today.
Do note July rebate is not given due to a bug problem (according to nets hotline).
The July rebate wil be given 15 Sept instead.

Hmm, do you think it actually is a "bug" they've encountered or could it be that the amount of rebates to be issued have startled them a bit, hence the delay (and possibly rethinking how to cut some types of spend when it comes to qualifying criteria)?

aster1

Reaction score
is there a nets flashpay + ezlink + cashcard all in one

The problem here is flashpay and EZlink - they cannot be combined into one card. Imagine boarding a bus and using such a card - you would have no control over which wallet would be used, and most probably both would actually be charged.

I used to have no preference as to any of these cards, I now carry both but the Flashpay one is only used due to the current rebate promo (for the McDonalds branded one) which doesn't include transport.

So for transport I now solely use EZ-link as I can top it up using the DBS Woman's Card or UOB PPV and get 4 miles/$. Plus when going to Sentosa you can only use cash or EZ-link to pay for entry - FlashPay is not accepted.

zumaba

Reaction score
my OCBC Frank card coems with Flashpay, is it the one for teh promotion you guys are talking, or must use that McDonald's Flashpay?

aster1

Reaction score
You need to find a AVM plus machine at mrt station.
Look out for "voucher redemption"then "Nets flashpay rebate"

Is this something we have to do relatively quickly, or until the next update comes along in a month's time? Or can the rebates be claimed less frequently than once a month?

frustrateddude

Reaction score
Is this something we have to do relatively quickly, or until the next update comes along in a month's time? Or can the rebates be claimed less frequently than once a month?

You got till 31mar 2014 to claim.
The earlier u claim, u get your rebate faster only.

Q9 of
NETS : NETS

frustrateddude

Reaction score
Just realised that this card is not accepted at Giant Super and Express stores (except Giant Hyper)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.