Will you all buy fountain pens?

pepperfox

Reaction score
I was surfing around and was wondering if you peeps collect fountain pens.

there are a few nice brands like Cross, Lamy Safari, Sheaffer. Of course how can we forget Parker...

I have a red Cross fountain pen i carry ard when i meet clients. It's nice and elegant. :)

Was thinking of carrying fountain pens on my blogshop too, but just wanna hear the response from all.

share share ok?

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
I always fancy fountain pen. I dont collect but I buy for everyday used.

I have Stypen (prezzy from my sis), pelikano and preppy.
All cheap-cheap one.. :o

blurbloco

Master Member
Reaction score
I am using a Hero Fountain pen with a fine nib for daily work, a Pelikan M205 with an extra fine nib for my personal writing and a Diplomat Traveller with the default medium nib for my paper organiser .... the weird thing is I have a Samsung Note 8 which I do not use as an organiser.

Whenever I buy a fountain pen, I would make sure it uses international cartridges or I can gain access to a cartridges converter or it is piston filled so I would not be stuck with the manufacturer's cartridges and ink. I always like bottled ink.

My Hero pen uses the all powerful cheap Pelikan 4001 ink (I personally like the ink for daily work, even though it is the cheapest) but my Pelikan pen uses the Edelstein ink and my Diplomat Traveller uses the Lamy black.

(Therefore, no, I would not get Cross, Lamy Safari, Sheaffer and Parker, even though my favourite ball point and roller ball are all Cross pens)

Last edited:

deadshot

Reaction score
I have Lamy and a cheap artist fountain pens with fine nibs, I actually quite like writing with them, but apparently if I leave them for a while (2 weeks maybe?) The ink dries up in the tank. Anybody else experiences this?

alpc

Reaction score
I am sure I have a couple of fountain pens somewhere but currently am using a Lamy one. That reminds me, I need to replenish my cartridges...

The only expensive one I have somewhere in my safe box is a Mont Blanc fountain pen which was never used.

squeeish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have Lamy and a cheap artist fountain pens with fine nibs, I actually quite like writing with them, but apparently if I leave them for a while (2 weeks maybe?) The ink dries up in the tank. Anybody else experiences this?

Yeap.... mine does.

The thing about fountain pens is that you need the correct type of paper otherwise your handwriting just splotches all over the place right?

blurbloco

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeap.... mine does.

The thing about fountain pens is that you need the correct type of paper otherwise your handwriting just splotches all over the place right?

Actually, modern paper 70 to 80 gsm paper will not leave any splotches. In fact, modern ink are quick dry water based ink. The effect would be as if you are writing with a rollerball pen, except smoother.

squeeish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, modern paper 70 to 80 gsm paper will not leave any splotches. In fact, modern ink are quick dry water based ink. The effect would be as if you are writing with a rollerball pen, except smoother.

I experienced that with foolscap paper. Perhaps mine was too thin.

What kind of ink do you use?

Preety

Reaction score
Using my Lamy fountain pen for 2 years now...always love writing with these....amazing

flanker27

Reaction score
hi,
new to fountain pens. carrying a schrade tactical fountain pen for work. but eyeing a m90.

YYS1995

Reaction score
Anyone knows to get nock co cases locally?

Personally, I have not seen them over in SG... but I have shipped mine over using ezbuy (daigou65). Works out well, can request for them to double bubble wrap if fragile :)

numan108

Reaction score
Personally, I have not seen them over in SG... but I have shipped mine over using ezbuy (daigou65). Works out well, can request for them to double bubble wrap if fragile :)

Thanks. Able to share the URL?

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
bhg nets卡 特銷會真系好鬼毒。。。搞到我一次晒過百入两隻墨水笔。

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.