Recommend a Good and Cheap Air-Con Service Company

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi

my brother need to service his 5-years aircon as not cool, mitsuibishi starmex, would like like to find out what are charges & what to do done? how long for the whole process?

Wash normal on the unit. Chemical wash on the condenser. Around 160 i think

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi ComputerTime,

As what Terumo have mentioned, it could be possible that your unit is facing a Wire Fault/PCB failure/Outdoor Parts Failure with the most common culprit being the wiring.

If your other units are working fine, have not been giving you problems previously and as you mentioned rarely used, you might want to consider having a technician to conduct a check and determine what is the actual fault before you decide if to replace the unit.

The cost for a checking compare to the cost for unit replacement is definitely more cost efficient. You can at the same time get a quotation on the repair/replacement and from there you will have a better idea on whether it is worthwhile to repair your unit.

Given the age of your aircon, it is unlikely that the suppliers still carry the same model of fancoil unit for replacement.

Are your current wirings concealed in boxup/false ceilings or exposed in trunkings?

Best Regards

Jason Tham

Hi, I have been using the starmex (system 4) for the past 10 years. It is working fine (rarely use) until recently, when 1 of the fancoil unit (MSXY-18SV) refused to work. I am not even to on/off using the power button on the unit itself.

I contacted mitsubishi, seems that the repair cost can be easily about $500. Is it worth to repair it? Or, can I just replace the fancoil unit? how much will it cost then?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

ComputerTime

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, Jason.

Yes, the other 3 fancoil units are working fine. In fact, it is working last month, when the haze is the most serious, and then out of the blue, when we try to use it last week, it went on strike.

Just wondering, why it is possible that the wire will become faulty? broken?

As for the wiring, it should be exposed in the trunking. Have not opened the trunking to view what is inside.

Yes, my unit is old already, that's why my family is thinking of replacing the whole fancoil unit with a newer model, not sure if it is possible or not.

May I know how much do you charge for the investigation, and if we wish to do chemical servicing, how much will it be for all the 4 units?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi ComputerTime,

Let me drop you a pm on this.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanks for the quick response, Jason.

Yes, the other 3 fancoil units are working fine. In fact, it is working last month, when the haze is the most serious, and then out of the blue, when we try to use it last week, it went on strike.

Just wondering, why it is possible that the wire will become faulty? broken?

As for the wiring, it should be exposed in the trunking. Have not opened the trunking to view what is inside.

Yes, my unit is old already, that's why my family is thinking of replacing the whole fancoil unit with a newer model, not sure if it is possible or not.

May I know how much do you charge for the investigation, and if we wish to do chemical servicing, how much will it be for all the 4 units?

pills

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got my new place and 1 aircon leaked once. Should I service it? We switched it on after more than 1 month of getting the keys and it stopped the 2nd time we switched it on.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Pills,

Are your aircon newly installed? If so you can consider running all your units daily if possible and start to monitor for any leaking or anything out of the ordinary such as not cold etc.

For newly installed units, it should still be under warranty and you can bring up this issue to your installer for checking or rectification.

If your aircon is an older pre-used set, it would also be good to do the same.
If it leaks again, best to have it checked out by your technician.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

I just got my new place and 1 aircon leaked once. Should I service it? We switched it on after more than 1 month of getting the keys and it stopped the 2nd time we switched it on.

leks01

Reaction score
Hi need some advice, got a panasonic system 2, i think 8+ years old

1 fcu at ROOM A working
1 fcu at ROOM B not blowing cold air anymore.

when ROOM A fcu turn on, the condenser unit fan spins
when ROOM B fcu turn on, the condenser unit fan does not spin

try to replace with a new run start cap, still the same.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Leks01,

Based on your description, there could be a few possiblities.

1) Indoor coil thermistor/air sensor is faulty
2) Signal wiring is faulty
3) Outdoor pcb fault/magnetic contactor fault

These are some of the parts that are required for the indoor fancoil to communicate with the condenser and vice versa.

If any of these parts are faulty, signal will not be passed between the fan coil and condenser which could be the reason why the condenser fan does not spin and the indoor unit at Room B is not cold

This is not a capacitor fault as supposingly if the capacitor is faulty, the condenser fan would not have started regardless of which indoor unit you turn on.

Best to get your technician to do a check so as to determine the actual fault before proceeding with repair.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi need some advice, got a panasonic system 2, i think 8+ years old

1 fcu at ROOM A working
1 fcu at ROOM B not blowing cold air anymore.

when ROOM A fcu turn on, the condenser unit fan spins
when ROOM B fcu turn on, the condenser unit fan does not spin

try to replace with a new run start cap, still the same.

polites

Reaction score
Hi aircon guys, just wanted to ask if you have,extra spare thermistor for samsung MC09F3AANXSS. THANKS

nWo

Reaction score
Hi,

I require some advice here. I have a service contract that services my 3 aircons (in each of the 3 bedrooms) every 3 months.

During my scheduled normal servicing last week, I was told that my aircon compressor was "old" and that the rotor(s) is quite "weak".

After the servicemen left, I found that for 1 aircon blower it works just fine, but for my other 2 aircon blowers, they will not blow cold air but normal air.

It is only when I turn off 1 of my aircons that the other aircon will start to blow cold air.

I also noticed that my aircon compressor is making more noise than usual.

My question is:
(1) How does the compressor and the blowers work?
(2) Why does it affect 2 of my rooms and not the other room? If it is what I interpreted correctly, there seems to be 2 rotors in the compressor that does the work?
(3) Can I change the compressor without changing the blowers? The blowers are of the old "National" / "Panasonic" type, which they mentioned are also due for change, i.e. the metal fins are no longer shiny.
(4) Must I stick to all the same branding should I choose to change the compressor only? Or should I just change everything?

Thanks for your help.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi nWo,

Refer below in Blue

My question is:
To make it simple, the compressor and the blowers communicate through signals. The blower once switched on will request thru signal for the compressor to compress and send the cold air thru the pipes and the blower will emitt the cold air into the room.

(2) Why does it affect 2 of my rooms and not the other room? If it is what I interpreted correctly, there seems to be 2 rotors in the compressor that does the work?

Your current system should be a non-inverter. Usually for non-inverter there are 2 compressor inside the outdoor condenser and each compressor is connected to 1 or more blowers.

Chances are the room that is not affected is connected to the compressor that still have sufficient power to support 1 room.

The other 2 rooms are sharing the other compressor and since you mentioned that your contractors have remarked that the compressor is old/weak which is common for older units, it might not have sufficient power to support 2 rooms when it is on at the same time which is why when you switch off the aircon in 1 of the room that is sharing this compressor, the other room is cold because only 1 room now uses the full power of the compressor.

This could also be due to shortage of gas however I do not think that this is the case since you have your unit serviced every 3 months. If there is a shortage of gas, your contractors would have already noticed and asked you to top up.

(3) Can I change the compressor without changing the blowers? The blowers are of the old "National" / "Panasonic" type, which they mentioned are also due for change, i.e. the metal fins are no longer shiny.

You can find compatible compressor in the market however not the whole condenser unless it is 2nd hand. As for the blowers, National is no longer in production hence it would not be possible to get new blowers unless 2nd hand or compatible.

(4) Must I stick to all the same branding should I choose to change the compressor only? Or should I just change everything?

As mentioned in point 3 above, you can get a compatible compressor. If the condition of your unit is as per what your current technician have remarked (outdoor compressor old/weak not sufficient to support 2 rooms plus blower is old, it would be better for you to change to a new system 3 inverter. However this would be up to your own discretion. You might want to ask them to quote for a compressor replacement so that you can judge for yourself.

PS: Condenser is the outdoor unit. Compressor is a part inside the outdoor condenser. What you have is 1 outdoor condenser and inside this condenser holds 2 compressor.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi,

I require some advice here. I have a service contract that services my 3 aircons (in each of the 3 bedrooms) every 3 months.

During my scheduled normal servicing last week, I was told that my aircon compressor was "old" and that the rotor(s) is quite "weak".

After the servicemen left, I found that for 1 aircon blower it works just fine, but for my other 2 aircon blowers, they will not blow cold air but normal air.

It is only when I turn off 1 of my aircons that the other aircon will start to blow cold air.

I also noticed that my aircon compressor is making more noise than usual.

My question is:

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

nWo

Reaction score
Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

If my condenser has 2 compressors, with 1st compressor serving Room A, and the 2nd compressor Room B and Room C, can the technician be able to switch the cabling/wiring/configuration(?) such that 1st compressor serves Room A and Room B, while the 2nd compressor serves Room C?

Room C = Heavily used
Room B = Moderately used
Room A = Seldom used

Also, if I should decide on changing the whole condenser + blowers (System 3 Inverter), are there any recommendations? Are you able to give me a quotation via PM? I am interested in securing your services.

As my house is running the existing piping in the false ceiling and hidden cornices, and I am seeing some moulding at certain areas, do you feel that I should continue to use the existing piping OR should I be laying new piping which will render the old piping useless? Unfortunately relaying the piping is not an option - as the hidden platform is quite extensive.

Once again, thank you for your advice.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi nWo,

Please see reply in Blue

If my condenser has 2 compressors, with 1st compressor serving Room A, and the 2nd compressor Room B and Room C, can the technician be able to switch the cabling/wiring/configuration(?) such that 1st compressor serves Room A and Room B, while the 2nd compressor serves Room C?

Room C = Heavily used
Room B = Moderately used
Room A = Seldom used

Yes what you have mentioned is possible. Bring this up to your current contractor during the next servicing and they should be able to let you know if the fancoil pipings are long enough for this switch (sometimes they might need to do some welding if the pipes are not long enough). Also, do note that even with this switch, you cannot deny the fact that the 2nd compressor is already weak which means if you switch on Room A and Room B at the same time after the switchover, the cooling efficiency will still be lower then expected.

Please note you can only switch fancoil pipings and not the compressor which mean the switch should be Room A with Room C.

1st Compressor - Original Room A (Seldom Used) --> New Config Room C (Heavily Used)

2nd Compressor - Original Room B (Moderately Used) + Room C (Heavily Used) --> New Config Room A (Seldom Used) + Room B (Moderately Used)

This switch will benefit Room C (heavily used) which now have a standalone compressor.

Another thing to note would be given the age of your compressor, it might not be able to take such switchover process. Bring up this proposal to them and let your current contractor assess the situation when they are there and they should be able to advise you accordingly.

Also, if I should decide on changing the whole condenser + blowers (System 3 Inverter), are there any recommendations? Are you able to give me a quotation via PM? I am interested in securing your services.

Let me drop you a pm on this

As my house is running the existing piping in the false ceiling and hidden cornices, and I am seeing some moulding at certain areas, do you feel that I should continue to use the existing piping OR should I be laying new piping which will render the old piping useless? Unfortunately relaying the piping is not an option - as the hidden platform is quite extensive.

Molding is an indication of sweating insulation. Whereby condensation cause mold to grow. I would not encourage that you use back your existing pipings. Would you consider running exposed pipings if possible which might be easier to troubleshoot and more cost efficient?

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

Room C = Heavily used
Room B = Moderately used
Room A = Seldom used

Once again, thank you for your advice.

Last edited:

clock_ED

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ME Inv Sys 3 to service. Any good recommendations?

Tried Imperial (bought AC from them) becuz i got the contact from reno... Very disapppointing... Whenever something's wrong, they will say; "oh, this is under Mitsubishi, you can contact them"...

Moreover, their FOC one time servicing anyhow clean one... Cuz less than a month after they came, turns out my fancoil something wrong... And upon closer inspection... I realized the top of my fancoil all filled with dust, like it's not been cleaned before... And this was confirmed by the Mitsubishi tech who came down and opened up the AC (i wouldnt dare open up for fear of voiding Warraty)...

Just sharing my experience.

Last edited:

chincharito

Reaction score
Hi my aircon unit Sharp AY-XPM9FR is blowing air from only one side of the airvent output.

Any idea what is busted inside and the avg pricing of repair?

terumo

Reaction score
To Chincharito, most likely ur aircon is dirty, just require servicing.
Maybe general or chemical have to check.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.