The Nexus 5 Thread

PsyClick

Reaction score
My G.Nexus is ready to be replaced on October with M1 plan renewal.

Problem now is any renewal will give me LTE and 2gb monthly limit, this sucks.

I am looking out for N5 to be my next phone, but most likely do i have to import overseas? Was N4 available locally? Then how to use the LTE with my new plan?

Hope N5 have very good batt life and camera(not as impt), so far Nexus line all have lousy batt

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone take risk import from US to see if can use in Singapore LTE network?

Any commando to try when launch?

Dun paper talk hor.

reagan022

Reaction score
might be doing it during launch. Will update once i have more info.

Dun paper talk hor.

reagan022

Reaction score
My G.Nexus is ready to be replaced on October with M1 plan renewal.

Problem now is any renewal will give me LTE and 2gb monthly limit, this sucks.

I am looking out for N5 to be my next phone, but most likely do i have to import overseas? Was N4 available locally? Then how to use the LTE with my new plan?

Hope N5 have very good batt life and camera(not as impt), so far Nexus line all have lousy batt

N4 is available locally and from overseas. You should check out the N4 thread with alot of info. N4 does have LTE(see link below,not sure if its the same as Singapore network), N5 specs not out.

http://m.androidauthority.com/enable-lte-t-mobile-nexus-4-242842/

On battery life, there are some ways to improve it. But do note some steps requires a season android user or some reading before you do them. After all the battery life is really depend on how the user use it. If you watch movies the whole day, no phone out there can provide such power out of the box.

Hippowise.com

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if its priced like the N4, i don't think it'll be easy to get a set when it first launch unless LG and Google are prepared to stock up.

grey-fox

Reaction score

Dun paper talk hor.

This is probably classified as paper talk ;), but according to engadget which shows the FCC documentations for N5, the US version N5 will only support bands 2/4/5/17/25/26/41 which unfortunately does not overlapps with Singapore's LTE bands 3/7, so I wouldn't keep my hopes high on that one.

chainer22

Reaction score
N4 is available locally and from overseas. You should check out the N4 thread with alot of info. N4 does not have LTE, N5 specs not out.

On battery life, there are some ways to improve it. But do note some steps requires a season android user or some reading before you do them. After all the battery life is really depend on how the user use it. If you watch movies the whole day, no phone out there can provide such power out of the box.

Hippowise.com

N4 does have LTE radio, just Google removed it in through software means. flashing a LTE radio will make it LTE enabled, but not sure if its compatible with our networks.

reagan022

Reaction score
N4 does have LTE radio, just Google removed it in through software means. flashing a LTE radio will make it LTE enabled, but not sure if its compatible with our networks.

Hey thanks for pointing that out. Have edit my post too. Did u try the lte on nexus 4???

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
N4 doesn't support our LTE frequencies.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG Nexus 5 Leaked in Photos, Possible Launch on 31 Oct, Nexus 4 Reaches End of Life - HardwareZone.com.sg

Nexus_5_Cover_leaked.jpg

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
totally agreed... looks like N5 is matt black... and it still attracts prints.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who dream of Nexus with classy designs obviously have not looked at all the Nexus devices so far.... :D

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who dream of Nexus with classy designs obviously have not looked at all the Nexus devices so far.... :D
Dunno is google design or the manufacturer design...:s13:

The n4 is ok IMO, not as bad as I though it was.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.