LG Optimus G2

chester121

Reaction score
get the G2 la. I was comparing the G Pro for awhile but got the G2 as I find it better.
The camera has OIS and the back button thingy rocks!
G Pro is good but it's too big. The G2 is a no brainer if you are thinking about getting the S4 also. It's basically like a turbo charged S4! :)

HAHA sucks that local set is so unattractive cos of non-expandable memory, although higher batt capacity but irremovable -.-
But prices still high even for Korean set.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A pretty aunty reviewing the G2 (AT&T model). It is almost 32 minutes!

LG G2 Review - YouTube

Hmm...

One thing I note that that On-Screen button really eats up the 5.2" screen most of the time.

The on-screen button stays on the screen whenever the keyboard is used.

The On-Screen button also pops up in many apps.

I wonder how it is with game apps? Does the On-Screen button pops up and stays in game play?

Well! That is kind of suck coz it eats up the 5.2" display, making the actual viewable app screen even smaller! May be just 5" viewable, making it just likes a 5" display phone :(.

That's a lot of reduction compared with the full viewbale 5.5" of G Pro!

So, G Pro users, do take that On-Screen button into serious consideration. Else, you will lose not just 0.3", but a massive 0.5" viewable screen in certain or most apps.

Personally, I upgraded from a 4.7" HTC One to G Pro mainly for the big full viewable screen of 5.5". So, G2 may not be suitable for me lor. That's why I did say before, I have never liked the idea of On-Screen button's implementaion in some phone mdoels.

However, for those folks who are okay with less than a full viewable 5.5" screen. Then G2 is definately a much much better phone than G Pro in term of new features and camera! A die die must have new phone for you! :)

Last edited:

dakeda

Reaction score
A pretty aunty reviewing the G2 (AT&T model). It is almost 32 minutes!

LG G2 Review - YouTube

Hmm...

One thing I note that that On-Screen button really eats up the 5.2" screen most of the time.

The on-screen button stays on the screen whenever the keyboard is used.

The On-Screen button also pops up in many apps.

I wonder how it is with game apps? Does the On-Screen button pops up and stays in game play?

Well! That is kind of suck coz it eats up the 5.2" display, making the actual viewable app screen even smaller! May be just 5" viewable, making it just likes a 5" display phone :(.

That's a lot of reduction compared with the full viewbale 5.5" of G Pro!

So, G Pro users, do take that On-Screen button into serious consideration. Else, you will lose not just 0.3", but a massive 0.5" viewable screen in certain or most apps.

Personally, I upgraded from a 4.7" HTC One to G Pro mainly for the big full viewable screen of 5.5". So, G2 may not be suitable for me lor. That's why I did say before, I have never liked the idea of On-Screen button's implementaion in some phone mdoels.

However, for those folks who are okay with less than a full viewable 5.5" screen. Then G2 is definately a much much better phone than G Pro in term of new features and camera! A die die must have new phone for you! :)
If not for the on-screen buttons, this phone is almost perfect. Quite sure some folks at xda will come out with something to get around those buttons.

androidbot

Reaction score
Some good news for those who are a tad bit undecided between the Sony Z1 and the G2 is that the Z1 will be making its début on the 4th of October 2013 island wide (roughly, in about 19 days). Price indicated as S$998 w/o contract. Hopefully, there will be more user reviews on the G2 and one can also have a proper hands-on for both devices to make that informed decision.

Personally, I am leaning towards the G2 but just want to be very sure - no regrets for later. :o

Anyway, here are the links to the announcement.. enjoy -

Sony Xperia Z1 available Oct 4 in SG for S$998 - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

Hands-on: Sony Xperia Z1 - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

newouverture

Reaction score
Some good news for those who are a tad bit undecided between the Sony Z1 and the G2 is that the Z1 will be making its début on the 4th of October 2013 island wide (roughly, in about 19 days). Price indicated as S$998 w/o contract. Hopefully, there will be more user reviews on the G2 and one can also have a proper hands-on for both devices to make that informed decision.

Personally, I am leaning towards the G2 but just want to be very sure - no regrets for later. :o

Anyway, here are the links to the announcement.. enjoy -

Sony Xperia Z1 available Oct 4 in SG for S$998 - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

Hands-on: Sony Xperia Z1 - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

Thanks for the news. But I dun think my itch can last that long.

This week definitely hooting the G2.

androidbot

Reaction score
Thanks for the news. But I dun think my itch can last that long.

This week definitely hooting the G2.

Haha... itch? Mopiko, Axe Oil and mosquito repellent comes to mind.. :s13:

I can understand bro.. However, do keep us updated on your user experience with the G2, will greatly appreciate. ;)

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

The downside with On-Screen Button in gaming. :(

Gaming screen is smaller (5" left I guess..not the full 5.2")

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
A bit poisoned by the LG G2. :( If the screen is better than my current Butterfly S, I'll seriously consider switching.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.