Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Damnedegoist,

For serviceability I would prefer Mitsubishi Electric Starmex or Daikin or Toshiba.
Go get a few quotes and compare the pricing before deciding as certain companies might have promo for certain brands.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hey guys

My parents want to install a system 3 for our 3 rooms. Im looking at Sharp, I trust the brand and its relatively cheap for some reason.

But Mother told me the Courts salesman informed her that all other brands are made either in Thailand, China or Malaysia. Only LG is made in Korea. Question is, does the country of manufacture matter when it comes to air cons? If it doesnt, which would you guys recommend;

1) Sharp
2) Daikin
3) Mitsubishi

And which shop to purchase from. I heard about the IMM one, are they still as good?

damnedegoist

Reaction score
Hello Damnedegoist,

For serviceability I would prefer Mitsubishi Electric Starmex or Daikin or Toshiba.
Go get a few quotes and compare the pricing before deciding as certain companies might have promo for certain brands.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanx for replying, Jason. For Daikin, any shops to recommend who does excellent installation? My parents might just go for Daikin instead. But we have no clue which shop to go to. Last resort we'll go direct to the Daikin HQ at AMK.

terumo

Reaction score
To damnedegoist,
Daikin itself does not do installation.
U can look for their auth dealers or other aircon companies...

damnedegoist

Reaction score
To damnedegoist,
Daikin itself does not do installation.
U can look for their auth dealers or other aircon companies...

Hey terumo. Thanx for replying. How does that work? If I were to buy at the daikin showroom, they will ask me to find my own contractor?

Do you have any suggestions for the dealers or aircon coys?

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey terumo. Thanx for replying. How does that work? If I were to buy at the daikin showroom, they will ask me to find my own contractor?

Do you have any suggestions for the dealers or aircon coys?
Actually when u r there they will give you contact of their sub contractors. Can be anyone from Gain City to Ah Seng AC.
For me I don't take Daikin anymore due to the experience I had. Also the design of the blower unit is not simple enuff. Awhile back they used soft rubber or silicon for the wind vains... for what I wonder and the black mold attach to it like super glue. Hard plastic just wipe clean. Also inside all kinds of clips...if AH Seng AC come do...sure clips broken. Things like that.

I would on other hand take Panasonic. Sometimes don't take what salesman say...they have commission and targets so depending when....they say diff things.

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

My parents want to install a system 3 for our 3 rooms. Im looking at Sharp, I trust the brand and its relatively cheap for some reason.

But Mother told me the Courts salesman informed her that all other brands are made either in Thailand, China or Malaysia. Only LG is made in Korea. Question is, does the country of manufacture matter when it comes to air cons? If it doesnt, which would you guys recommend;

1) Sharp
2) Daikin
3) Mitsubishi

And which shop to purchase from. I heard about the IMM one, are they still as good?
country not so impt cos nowadays where else can it come from? Is the QC STD of the parent company that's impt. So just pray and buy.
Do note Mitsubishi tends to be thicker.some ppl don't like.

Ricktasy

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Kaisoon Group Air Con quoted me $2850 for a Mitsubishi Starmex System 3 Inverter for $2850.
27k BTU, 2 X 9K blower + 1 x 12k Blower
include
- 23G Full Length Copper Pipes
- 1/2" thick class 1 insulation
- Full 16mm drainage pipes
- 5 Years workmanship warranty

Can I check if it a good pricing and anyone used Kaisoon Group Aircon and have any feedbacks on their services and installation?

redevils

Master Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Electric - MXY-2E20VA / 2 X MSY-GE10VA (System 2)

Was quoted $2600+ including stainless steel bracket. Is it overpriced?

Thanks

redevils

Master Member
Reaction score
To redevils,
Its is overpriced if for HDB installation.

Thanks terumo.
Yes, it is for HDB installation.

The quote is from gain city.

What price is consider reasonable?
Any reliable contractor to recommend?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey guys

1) Sharp
2) Daikin
3) Mitsubishi

Made in where is does not matter.
The only is who install for you. workmanship is more important than some brand here.

Unless your house can install single unit as back to back..

freddymac3232

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice. My aircon in the house all 10+yrs old and giving me a lot of problems :( Appreciate if any guru can advise me if below quote is reasonable for Daikin aircons (will use existing concealed piping):

1x 12K BTU : $980
2x 12K BTU : $2,500
2X 9K BTU : $2,200

Egoistee

Reaction score
Guys, i realised that my aircon piping enclosure is having condensation problem. What is wrong ah?

namie81

Reaction score
Courts Aircon Services

Hi Everyone
I am interested in getting a system 3 Mitsubitshi starmex inverter at around $3500++ installment
Just wanna to check if anyone got take their offers before and how is their service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.