UOB visa signature

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really doubt UOB will kill it's other rewards to let this go through successfully. $50 cash for 2000 points!? The usual $50 vouchers will cost atleast 3000 points and with many terms and conditions.

Suleyman

Reaction score
I really doubt UOB will kill it's other rewards to let this go through successfully. $50 cash for 2000 points!? The usual $50 vouchers will cost atleast 3000 points and with many terms and conditions.

Why not? End of the day, you still using the card, UOB still make money wat...

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Found the below in the T&Cs:

"The combined awarding of 10 UNI$ for every S$5 spent on Overseas Spend and Petrol Spend is subject to a cap of 4,000 UNI$, which is equivalent to S$100, per statement period. The 10 UNI$ consists of the basic 1 UNI$ earned plus an additional of 9 bonus UNI$. The bonus UNI$ will be credited to qualified principal Cardmembers in the following statement period. UOB will not be liable for any late transaction postings affecting any Cardmember’s eligibility to qualify for the bonus UNI$."

Is the statement in bold correct? Unless I'm interpreting it wrong.

Suleyman

Reaction score
Found the below in the T&Cs:

"The combined awarding of 10 UNI$ for every S$5 spent on Overseas Spend and Petrol Spend is subject to a cap of 4,000 UNI$, which is equivalent to S$100, per statement period. The 10 UNI$ consists of the basic 1 UNI$ earned plus an additional of 9 bonus UNI$. The bonus UNI$ will be credited to qualified principal Cardmembers in the following statement period. UOB will not be liable for any late transaction postings affecting any Cardmember’s eligibility to qualify for the bonus UNI$."

Is the statement in bold correct? Unless I'm interpreting it wrong.

Correct. Limited to $2000 spending.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, i already spent on this card so if my redemption go through also cannot prove whether redemption can go through without spending. Somebody else who is not using the card pls test for us to know.

Daniel.Winn

Reaction score
Sorry guys, i already spent on this card so if my redemption go through also cannot prove whether redemption can go through without spending. Somebody else who is not using the card pls test for us to know.

It's alright. Keep updating us even if you have spent using the card. :)

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
called the visa signature hotline - the cso says the redemption of the $50 is for points earned under the visa signature card.

shall see in couple of months if the redemption went through

KennyBlaze

Reaction score
Today I received call from UOB to promote this card. It sounds quite good and I accept the offer. The promoter do tell me that I can only use UNI$ earned on the UOB Signature card to redeem rebates.

So cap spending of $2000 per month, and earn 10X UNI$ per $5 overseas. Better than PRVI miles 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent overseas ratio.

Any catch?

Last edited:

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
Today I received call from UOB to promote this card. It sounds quite good and I accept the offer. The promoter do tell me that I can only use UNI$ earned on the UOB Signature card to redeem rebates.

So cap spending of $2000 per month, and earn 10X UNI$ per $5 overseas. Better than PRVI miles 6.25 UNI$ for every S$5 spent overseas ratio.

Any catch?

The catch is that you need overseas spending of at least $1000 to get the 10x UNI$ for overseas transactions. And minimum overall spend of $1000 (foreign or local) to get 10x UNI$ for the petrol. That's my undertanding of the T&Cs.

If your spending straddles close to the end of one billing cycle and the beginning of the next, you have to be careful of the posted date of the transactions. For overseas spending, the date that is posted may be a few days after the actual transaction date. And that may lead to you losing your 10x UNI$.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any catch?

You need to spend at least $1000 in a month to get the full 10x.

KennyBlaze

Reaction score
The catch is that you need overseas spending of at least $1000 to get the 10x UNI$ for overseas transactions. And minimum overall spend of $1000 (foreign or local) to get 10x UNI$ for the petrol. That's my undertanding of the T&Cs.

If your spending straddles close to the end of one billing cycle and the beginning of the next, you have to be careful of the posted date of the transactions. For overseas spending, the date that is posted may be a few days after the actual transaction date. And that may lead to you losing your 10x UNI$.

Thanks!
Also seems that bonus UNI$ is awarded in the next statement cycle, similar to DBS

KennyBlaze

Reaction score

You need to spend at least $1000 in a month to get the full 10x.

Thanks for the reminder!

Suleyman

Reaction score

This is the big one. Don't forget that overseas transactions can take up to a week to post, so there is sometimes no way to know for sure.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.