[Singtel] iPhone 5S/C Availability and Telco Related Discussions [NO SALES]

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will shoot email to ST soon ... reg that one 4x exchange
i am not against that policy ...

what i'm against is ... there should be a grace period (exception) when the replacement itself needs replacing say within a certain period ... like in my case, i got a replacement on the 29th Aug ... that replacement set itself had hardware issues, and i returned to comcen to get that replaced on the 17th Sep ...
that replacement set LASTED NO MORE THAN 2 WEEKS before it had to be replaced !
with that, i have already utilized 2 of 4 of ST's allowed exchanges !!!
i'm thinking of writing in to ask for one month's grace period to be implemented against break down of the replacement set
so that in the event of the replacement set breaking down anytime within this 1 month, ST would not count the replacement of this replacement set as part of the 4 allowed exchanges !
the replacements are factory new set ... are NOT brand NEW ... and as with refurbished items, the tendency to breakdown is higher than a brand new set

Shawn, can u clarify this for me :
replacements are covered for 90 days if your original handset expiry (date) is less than the 90 days additional coverage.
am i right to say that for those whose warranty has more than 90 days to go, no additional warranty will be given for replacement set ? (it doesn't make sense to give 90 days cos original warranty is more than 90 days ... they will overlap)

Will clarify for you.

Yes those whose warranty got more than 90 days won't over Lap.

For example. My iPhone warranty ends on 30 September 2013, my iPhone suddenly have a problem at Jamuary 2013. I exchange the set. Warranty will end September 30 still.

If I exchange my set at 29 September. They will add 90 days.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I called lei is no good one. Cos they will also prorate the 3gb... So my 3gb become 2gb wtf!!! From 21st sept

gardiboy

Master Member
Reaction score
If we were to buy the 5s without a contract from singtel, the warranty would be covered by singtel or apple directly?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I'm quite pissed off man. He say e system is automated. So before 21st they took out the 700mb already. So from 21st is 2gb allocation only cos prorate. So now use 300mb so left 1.7gb. But he say he will take that out so left 2gb

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

do you think i can get waiver for the sim card fee, if i change to nano sim now even though my contract haven't end?

also, how you guys push through to get bill waiver? Mine is the keyline miohome.. the cso told me I already got the annual upgrade thing so can't give any waiver :/

I scream at them saying other people can get why I cannot. Call many many times, 1 day call 10 over times until finally one of them agree. Saying out of goodwill. They also say already can recontract yearly cannot give bill waivers. I tell them off saying I pay so much, u want me call how many times then give me waivers. The Pinoy agree in the end. But my is a lousy and a bad way.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

do you think i can get waiver for the sim card fee, if i change to nano sim now even though my contract haven't end?

also, how you guys push through to get bill waiver? Mine is the keyline miohome.. the cso told me I already got the annual upgrade thing so can't give any waiver :/

U have to ask nicely. Persistent and patience :)

I called lei is no good one. Cos they will also prorate the 3gb... So my 3gb become 2gb wtf!!! From 21st sept

Oh then Better don't call. Hahah

If we were to buy the 5s without a contract from singtel, the warranty would be covered by singtel or apple directly?

By Singtel still.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm quite pissed off man. He say e system is automated. So before 21st they took out the 700mb already. So from 21st is 2gb allocation only cos prorate. So now use 300mb so left 1.7gb. But he say he will take that out so left 2gb

Ur CSO is a junior CSO who anyhow do things.

You ask him, do you understand what does pro-rated means?

Request to speak to senior call Officier of supervisor.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I scream at them saying other people can get why I cannot. Call many many times, 1 day call 10 over times until finally one of them agree. Saying out of goodwill. They also say already can recontract yearly cannot give bill waivers. I tell them off saying I pay so much, u want me call how many times then give me waivers. The Pinoy agree in the end. But my is a lousy and a bad way.

Aileen, you prestige member.. Why bother argue so much. Just immediately call to prestige 24 hour hotline... And u can get already.

It's not a toll free line but prestige Officier are L3 Officier who have a lot a lot of power.

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
Aileen, you prestige member.. Why bother argue so much. Just immediately call to prestige 24 hour hotline... And u can get already.

It's not a toll free line but prestige Officier are L3 Officier who have a lot a lot of power.

Yes sir, that toll free number I only find out at the launch on Friday. I ask for waiver few days before I go down. I actually a noob person. Didn't know got special number to call all this years. Only know can jump queue, attend events and get prestige voucher. Last year also stupid queue outside for 3 hours although bring the card down already.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, that toll free number I only find out at the launch on Friday. I ask for waiver few days before I go down. I actually a noob person. Didn't know got special number to call all this years. Only know can jump queue, attend events and get prestige voucher. Last year also stupid queue outside for 3 hours although bring the card down already.

Lol! Last year got prestige VIP too. No need to queue one. Nvm now you know then u don't need to queue anymore. Swee bo

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol! Last year got prestige VIP too. No need to queue one. Nvm now you know then u don't need to queue anymore. Swee bo

Swee swee leh. Last year I never receive the special sms informing. This year got receive so learn already. But thank you for your many advice.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is almost 'unnoticeable', cos when I saw my friend's iPhone 5s Gold, I have to look hard to see the 'gold' colour, it is matte and very subtle, definitely not like a shiny gold piece of jewellery that kind.

i think if really bling bling like gold necklaces don by wrestlers ...
i wouldn't have chosen it :s13: :s13:

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will clarify for you.

Yes those whose warranty got more than 90 days won't over Lap.

For example. My iPhone warranty ends on 30 September 2013, my iPhone suddenly have a problem at Jamuary 2013. I exchange the set. Warranty will end September 30 still.

If I exchange my set at 29 September. They will add 90 days.

save me the trouble of writing email ...
since u know ppl in high[er] places in ST ...
perhaps a word from Shawn is worth a 1000 words from just another ST customer [me] :s13:

i think more of u guys who have gone to ST to exchange your sets should support my motion leh ...
afterall, it could very well affect you ...
dun think 4 exchanges won't kenna ...
if u changed your first set within the first 2 months, and kenna lemon set that fails u after 2 weeks, then u will have only 2 exchanges left for the balance of just over 9 mths !!!
think about it guys !

Last edited:

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro your prorate actually refers to what ah lol

It means... Before i re contract.. I use 500mb for example.

Then when I recontract, the data become 3GB, but I used 500mb already. So how much data do I actually left? You still left with 3GB because the 500mb usage will be backdated bill inside.

Then the bill will come in 2, stating that you recontract and thy start a new billing cycle. The old one they will pro-rate accordingly. Like if ur bill cycle is 10th of the month, you recontract on 20th. They only charge u that 10 days of subscription from ur monthly plan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.