Calling on all TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router users!

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
My wireless setup consisting of a pair of Archer C7s operating in WDS wireless bridging mode. Separated by 2 walls and 30ft apart, i'm getting a consistent 25MB/sec throughput. :)

huffie

Reaction score
It should be just a firmware update since its mentioned that the C7 supports 802.11ac. However, for peace of mind, perhaps u can email TPLink support to confirm.

wrote to TP-Link but don't quite understand what the response is..and don't think the person know what I was asking also..

"right now, the 802.11ac is not standardised, and the Archer C7 is our first 802.11ac wifi product this 802.11ac can not be flashed by the firmware, we have already submitted the certificate, and I am afraid that we can not provide you the details certificate"

think must ask them in Chinese since it's Taiwanese company :(

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like they are not willing to commit since 802.11ac standard has yet to be ratified. If u are concerned about interoperability between router and clients for 802.11ac, why not wait till the official ratification of 802.11ac before getting one.

wrote to TP-Link but don't quite understand what the response is..and don't think the person know what I was asking also..

"right now, the 802.11ac is not standardised, and the Archer C7 is our first 802.11ac wifi product this 802.11ac can not be flashed by the firmware, we have already submitted the certificate, and I am afraid that we can not provide you the details certificate"

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TP-Link is a China company!!

huffie

Reaction score
Seems like they are not willing to commit since 802.11ac standard has yet to be ratified. If u are concerned about interoperability between router and clients for 802.11ac, why not wait till the official ratification of 802.11ac before getting one.

I guess probably have to wait. Currently I have another place which is currently using an old router with wireless G and was thinking since my current TP-Link WDR3600 coverage is not ideal, I'll get the Archer C7 to use and put the WDR3600 to replace the old router =)

stanmac

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone on singtel fibre 200mbps care to share on wireless speed, usage, stability?

iPhone? iPad air??

Thanks

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anything less than ver 2.0 is buggy. :s13:

Just wanted to know if u ppl still experiencing the signal drop. I'm using the N900 and it's very good. I'm happy.
So want to change to archer c7 won't do it if it still drops.
$189 router vs those $399 router...besides benchmark....is there any noticeable diff?

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if u ppl still experiencing the signal drop. I'm using the N900 and it's very good. I'm happy.
So want to change to archer c7 won't do it if it still drops.
$189 router vs those $399 router...besides benchmark....is there any noticeable diff?
Please if you got the N900 hardware version 1 keep it.
It comes with the rare PowerPC Processor, built in hardware encryption and floating point unit.
Very few consumer routers have that chip P1014.
If you want to sell I might want it...

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please if you got the N900 hardware version 1 keep it.
It comes with the rare PowerPC Processor, built in hardware encryption and floating point unit.
Very few consumer routers have that chip P1014.
If you want to sell I might want it...
But very itchy as is not a AC router. And archer C7 like so much faster wor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.