The Galaxy Note 3 thread, also stop asking me if it fits in pockets.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never check benchmark. On paper spec, Samsung Pro is faster in transferring but also slightly more expensive $~10 more. To me both are good. I really cannot tell the difference while using in my note 3 as I seldom copy and transfer file.

I thought the SANDISK Extreme transfers at 80/50 Mbps whilst SAMSUNG PRO at 70/20Mbps? Both are 64GB, UHS-1 and Class 10. On internet both are tested to perform as per their spec so how can SAMSUNG be faster than SANDISK?

Also, can confirm if the SANDISK Extreme 64GB microsdxc UHS-1 Class 10 indeed can work on the Note 3 without a slowdown? SAMSUNG confirmed its SAMSUNG PRO 64GB microsdxc UHS-1 CLass 10 card works with no issue wrt capacity and speed.

I intend to get the SANDISK Extreme 64GB microsdxc UHS-1 Class 10 so your confirmation would be of great help to me.

Thanks

:s8:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes, can root but the knox counter will show it as 0 X 1 ,as of now is irreversible.
you have been warned... :D

haha guess i'll just wait
I've read that if you didn't install/activate Knox it will be okay is it?
I have installed and uninstalled it ><

EDIT:
is it better to get a 64GB memory card to keep camera photos, mp3 files off the phone ah?
will it clear up more memory? for the phone?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha guess i'll just wait
I've read that if you didn't install/activate Knox it will be okay is it?
I have installed and uninstalled it ><

EDIT:
is it better to get a 64GB memory card to keep camera photos, mp3 files off the phone ah?
will it clear up more memory? for the phone?

If you want to store/record high resolution photos and 4K movies then I suggest you get a 64GB memory card. If I'm not wrong 1 min of 4K movie takes up about 1 GB of storage space.

:D

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you want to store/record high resolution photos and 4K movies then I suggest you get a 64GB memory card. If I'm not wrong 1 min of 4K movie takes up about 1 GB of storage space.

:D

anyone got lobang to share for those 64GB cards? or should I just buy them off Amazon? haha

durhambaby

Reaction score
Any Note3 users using 64 GB microSDXC card in their phone? I am not so concern about the speed (cannot be slower than normal class 10 microSDHC right) but more of can use on Note3 or not... if cannot detect or use then I better stick to microSDHC.

I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10.. working fine...

bkling1

Reaction score
I thought the SANDISK Extreme transfers at 80/50 Mbps whilst SAMSUNG PRO at 70/20Mbps? Both are 64GB, UHS-1 and Class 10. On internet both are tested to perform as per their spec so how can SAMSUNG be faster than SANDISK?

Also, can confirm if the SANDISK Extreme 64GB microsdxc UHS-1 Class 10 indeed can work on the Note 3 without a slowdown? SAMSUNG confirmed its SAMSUNG PRO 64GB microsdxc UHS-1 CLass 10 card works with no issue wrt capacity and speed.

I intend to get the SANDISK Extreme 64GB microsdxc UHS-1 Class 10 so your confirmation would be of great help to me.

Thanks

:s8:

Bro...sorry, I just rechecked my micro sd, it is Sandisk 64 ultra and not Extreme Pro version. It works even in my Old Note 10.1. I do not feel any slow down in fact I didn't feel any difference for my normal usage.

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried to sync contacts from my iphone4 to the gmail but cannot leh.

when i wanna sync, the dropdown box only shows outlook, why ah??

if outlook, still possible to carry on??

Yeah, try to export to csv file then use gmail to import as csv again, then after that do sync, and it should all appear in your phone in less than 1min over wifi

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
bingo..

10char

does the UHS-1 thing work for you? the earlier pages mentioned something on this..

on KNOX and root
- so no matter what we do (whether we installed or did not install KNOX), it will activate the flag and render our device out of warranty?

anyone know what "Mediaserver" does?

durhambaby

Reaction score
any got a link to a good guide on rooting the note 3?
i keep reading about how rooting will toggle some flag in KNOX and that is irreversible?

my advice: don't be itchy :D use the phone for "at least" a few months to make sure there's no hardware problem with it, then you may attempt rooting.. by then, most likely the developers already have the "unroot" available (same like Note 2).. Having been using custom ROMs for my past 2 phones, i'm very itchy as well.. but i guess I'll just wait.. somemore you will lose all S-pen features since not much s-pen support with custom ROMs i believe..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.