LG's 5.5" Optimus G Pro a full HD display

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used it on my S3. Not bad but heavy. Have ads.

Tried Handcent and ChompSMS. Like ChompSMS more. Was using it but switch to Textra a few days ago.

Of all, textra is lightest and fastest. For those who love emoji, plugins are available for all.

Honestly, I like the stock sms app on Sense 5 most. Unfortunately, it can't be ported over. :(

Hmmm....

Textra! Never tried before. I will try later.:s22:

Btw, a piece of good news! It might indirectly indicating something positive for our G Pro in October 2013...

LG Optimus G to Get Android 4.4 in October?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, G Pro will get it.

Otherwise, it will be like next door cooking curry and we just feel hungry. :vijayadmin:
Can smell, cannot eat.

Wise men eat alike alao...;)

I love curry, man! Haha! ;)

Anyway, I don't like Textra! It is too light. Customization is so limited.

I stick to GO SMS! :)

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, G Pro will get it.

Otherwise, it will be like next door cooking curry and we just feel hungry. :vijayadmin:
Can smell, cannot eat.

There is always Cyanogenmod. Processes back and forth are all very easy. Only getting to Download Mode when at Cyanogenmod is a bit tricky.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is always Cyanogenmod. Processes back and forth are all very easy. Only getting to Download Mode when at Cyanogenmod is a bit tricky.

I know that! :s22: But I prefer stock UI ba!

Else, I would have bought a Nexus instead of any OEM devices! :D

dakeda

Reaction score

Textra and GoSMS are at two extremes.
Textra is light weight version with limited customisation. It is essentially a stripped down version of ChompSMS. They are made by same author.

GoSMS is heavy with lots of customisation.

Depends on what you want. As long as your gf can receive your sms, anything goes.

dakeda

Reaction score
Rooting and modding. Gone there and back. Tired liao. Prefer to stay on the bright side.

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rooting and modding. Gone there and back. Tired liao. Prefer to stay on the bright side.

What I am just trying to say is: Even if LG don't provide the latest android build, there is still cyanogenmod to fall back on at least.

I am not arguing about whatever dark and bright side root or mod and not judging people who chose to or not to.

I know that! :s22: But I prefer stock UI ba!

Else, I would have bought a Nexus instead of any OEM devices! :D

I came from a Galaxy Nexus to a G Pro, could have gotten nexus 4 but what the hell I'll try LG's UI and see how it goes. I guess I won't bother if now we are still in the gingerbread era...luckily manufacturer UI are all quite snappy now...one day I will go back to HTC, although I am still remembering the bad aftertaste of the slow Sense UI :s13:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I am just trying to say is: Even if LG don't provide the latest android build, there is still cyanogenmod to fall back on at least.

I am not arguing about whatever dark and bright side root or mod and not judging people who chose to or not to.

I came from a Galaxy Nexus to a G Pro, could have gotten nexus 4 but what the hell I'll try LG's UI and see how it goes. I guess I won't bother if now we are still in the gingerbread era...luckily manufacturer UI are all quite snappy now...one day I will go back to HTC, although I am still remembering the bad aftertaste of the slow Sense UI :s13:

True, true!:)

Gingerbread was laggy in a way! Root and custom rom was a must back then!:s8:

Jelly Bean has improved the snappiness of OEM's UIs massively! :)

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score

To be fair, the newest HTC Sense 5 is darn fast and snappy. I was using it on my Butterfly S a couple of months back. :) I still miss Blinkfeed a darn lot.

In fact, it trumps the current LG UI (at least on the G2) in terms of polish and a lag-free experience.

To me, a near perfect phone would be to have HTC Sense 5 running on the LG G2.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah! I was with HTC One Sense 5.

The most snappiest and smoothest OEM's UIs ever! :)

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Bro I also luv Curry dah. And yes I use Go SMS. Bro what type of women u like :D

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro I also luv Curry dah. And yes I use Go SMS. Bro what type of women u like :D

Wah ... from G Pro .... to woman. This thread is getting more interesting.

One of my favourite :

21abv5x.jpg

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gosh! Her piece is so tiny down under! Super duper seductive! :)

Anyway, we have better stopped here and go back to topic now! Haha.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.