Xperia Z1 - One Sony

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before....

I ordered the Z1 from singtelshop, and it says i get a free microsim adaptor. Is this for microsim -> normal sim?

I am currently using the iphone 5 which is using nanosim, so do I need to buy a separate adaptor? or the free one is nanosim -> microsim?

Thanks.

Hm. I think better not use adaptor.
My friend put a adaptor and nano sim into his Z and got stucked.

I experienced it myself too by using a adaptor with a microsim. It got stucked in my Xperia S.

Managed to get my sim out thou but the adaptor remained stucked. And went my phone too :(

So no more adaptors for me.

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Muz sign up with contract for tt or it's without contract?

You have sign up for new mobile line or recontract mobile line as usual.

In addition for tablet just need to pay 444 !!! Nothing else, no contract nothing..

tumlingbear

Reaction score
Hi does z1 comes with super fast charger?

About the yellowish hue on the screen happen to every set?

myhairverypain

Reaction score
I know that lots of people are snagging up Note3 here and there.

But when I hoot my Z1 from Kasia, I was told it was the last set and luckily I reserved it.
So I feel that Z1 was also selling very well, if not as good as note3.

Their service was commendable and my screen protectors both front and back was nicely re-pasted to my satisfaction.
Price-wise it was the most "reasonable" by far, maybe that was why their Z1 stocks are flying off the shelves.

Still remember the disappointed face of another customer who came after me and ask for Z1. Sorry pal, I wont let you down as I love my new toy very much. :D

Can share how much you got it for? What colour?

Studyboy1

Reaction score
I bought my xperia z1 ytd, i'm pretty satisfied with the phone except the poor viewing angles when i tilted it to the sides for like just 40° .

tumlingbear

Reaction score
I bought my xperia z1 ytd, i'm pretty satisfied with the phone except the poor viewing angles when i tilted it to the sides for like just 40° .

Nice! what color did you get? they suppose to fix the poor viewing angle thingy in z...:S

Studyboy1

Reaction score
Nice! what color did you get? they suppose to fix the poor viewing angle thingy in z...:S

The viewing angles are definitely better than the Xperia Z but it's not as superb as the Xperia Z Ultra. I'm not sure why though, clearly both my Xperia Z1 and the Z Ultra have the same display but I can live with it. I'm just kinda disappointed with Sony given their brilliant screen expertise and given that the Z1 is their current flagship smartphone.

Btw, I've gotten the black one because it looks the sleekest of them all but its really a fingerprint magnet. On the other hand, i'm thinking whether i should apply screen protectors over the front and back on top of the shatterproof film Sony has already applied over because it affects the proximity sensor like some users here are reporting? Do you guys think I would need a case because i'm afraid the aluminium sides will scratch easily.

And I bought it from starhub, they gave me a free magnetic charging dock and guidebook worth S$40 -.-

Just to round up my thoughts on the Xperia Z1, it's more of like a jack of all trades on all levels rather than excelling on some levels while falling behind on some. This phone is literally the best looking android device IMHO.

Does anyone know if the shatterproof film scratches easily? I'm really careful with my phone right now lol.

Last edited:

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tot poor viewing angle is good in some sense. When I am texting in a crowded Mrt, ppl beside me cannot see what i am typing, that's a good privacy and save me the money to buy a privacy protector screen protector :p
Btw usually we use the phone lookin at it directly, who uses it from the side?

ym901s

Reaction score
I'm just kinda disappointed with Sony given their brilliant screen expertise and given that the Z1 is their current flagship smartphone.

That's the reason coupled with its inferior 21MP camera I am jumping on Nokia Lumia 1020.

:s8:

Studyboy1

Reaction score
That's the reason coupled with its inferior 21MP camera I am jumping on Nokia Lumia 1020.

:s8:

Then I looked at the Windows Platform and realised how much more inferior it is. Rooting and flashing roms on the Xperia Z1 is gonna be an awesome experience.

Studyboy1

Reaction score
I tot poor viewing angle is good in some sense. When I am texting in a crowded Mrt, ppl beside me cannot see what i am typing, that's a good privacy and save me the money to buy a privacy protector screen protector :p
Btw usually we use the phone lookin at it directly, who uses it from the side?

I can't complain, this phone is currently rocking my world. The brightness levels on the Xperia Z1 is freaking bright and crisp.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.