most valued prepaid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
starhub confirmed no extension via deduction of balance and someone top up $6 only extended by one month

looks like starhub ceo jin greedy

time to buy a hi card for $15 can extend 90 days for only $1.40

$18 can use more than 3 years

think green card can close shop liao

keekeekee :s22:

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel is you lose credits, Stahub is force you to top up. Can't compare like that.

Unless Singtel you top up $0.99 and extend the deadline.

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think the whole point of prepaid is you seldom use the phone but need it for family members to contact you

if you use the phone a lot, it would make more sense to get postpaid plan

unless you are a foreigner who calls home frequently using prepaid, i think most singaporean who use prepaid are elderly who use the phone infrequently

rather than let the credit accumulate, why not use it to extend the validity of the prepaid card

i used about S$35 to subscribe to the mobile broadband which has been disappointing and i struggle to use up the 1.2GB and 0.6GB i brought with S$20 and S$15 which expired yesterday with remaining 0.5GB

finally i no need to suffer using the super slow 3G and use back my 3Mbps home cable broadband

now i have S$25 left in my prepaid and expire in feb next year

i don't want to go back to the misery of slow mobile broadband so unless starhub allow me to extend the validity, i might as well let it expire and buy hi card

hi card is S$15 for S$18 of value

if i use it like a pager and use the value to extend the validity, i can use it for 3 years plus without topping up

one of the main reason why i've been using starhub for 6 years then switch to postpaid then back to starhub for another 5 years is the 180 days per top up for S$6

now they offer almost the same as the rest of the competitors

there is no reason for me to continue to use their prepaid service

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway starhub target market is malaysians working in singapore as they can use it to call home at local rates

so they would not bother to create a VAS just for singaporeans

they would rather people like us who don't contribute much to their bottomline to go to their competitors

like the end of teletext and wireless@sg, capitalism goes for the big fish and the end result is rising prices and declining level of service to maximise profit for shareholders especially in a cartel environment :(

mikafire

Reaction score
share uncle168 ur sentiment over green card topup extention..if no more $6 for 180days extention nxt yr..join u jump ship to singtel nxt yr :)

marque05

Reaction score
anyone knows if how i could "upgrade" a 2G prepaid sim from ST to a 3G sim?
I read that one can port from ST to another telco, e.g. SH, to a 3G. However then you cannot port back.

Stumbled upon this thread and found the data plans for ST prepaid really not bad, can save quite abit if not heavy user.

my wife has a iphone and without the 3G, seems like a waste with just a 2G prepaid sim and she also wants to use whatsapp and FB plus some bus apps. Anyone facing the same issue and has a workaround for it?

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going to try to be the first singaporean without a mobile line

actually never use except receive sms for banking transactions and family emergency calls

either at office or at home

going to use wifi for tab 2.0 in office and home for internet

going to use landline in office and home for voice calls

starting in feb next year

it would be an interesting experiment if successful could bankrupt all the telcos

keekeekee :s13:

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hooting tamp north 2-rm bto next year

need to save up S$100K in cash and cpf

keekeekee

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
For hi-card:
a) to extend 60 days at $2 ($0.99 during promotion).
b) to extend 90 days at $3 ($1.40 during promotion).
both r to b deducted frm the main account.

This method still valid now?
extention strat from date of top-up or last top-up expiry date?

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if how i could "upgrade" a 2G prepaid sim from ST to a 3G sim?
I read that one can port from ST to another telco, e.g. SH, to a 3G. However then you cannot port back.

Stumbled upon this thread and found the data plans for ST prepaid really not bad, can save quite abit if not heavy user.

my wife has a iphone and without the 3G, seems like a waste with just a 2G prepaid sim and she also wants to use whatsapp and FB plus some bus apps. Anyone facing the same issue and has a workaround for it?
Apparently old 2g cards can now access the 3g network.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
Which prepaid sim card offered the fastest internet?

I'll kind of goggled myself and found that only M1 prepaid sim card have 4G/LTE while Singtel & Starhub are only 3G the most.
And which is most value for money for data plan?

Hope kind souls here can help :)

Now, Singtel Prepaid has 4G too :

Benefits | SingTel
PP4G714x348_1013.jpg

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok.. so one must activate the service? Or has to be topped up with data plan value??

TIA, noob here.. gam xia many

Mine connected to 3G on its own when I turned on data on an android phone, used with the free 5mb that came with every top up.

macburger09

Reaction score
SingTel 4G Prepaid promo good? thinking of chiong to Singtel Shop to get one... anyone know card valid for how long? 90 days, 120days?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
if buy SingTel 4G Prepaid, can port over SingTel 2G Prepaid hp no to SingTel 4G Prepaid? Can SingTel 2G Prepaid change to 4G Prepaid?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
every sunday got starhub prepaid roadshow @ lucky plaza (near tangs), you know

very good promotion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.