PHICOMM i600 non camera

chiawy

Reaction score
Android 4.1 firmware is out on Phicomm Germany website. Gonna try it out tomorrow.

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't know which to get... phicomm i300/600, huawei g330 or ino. any inputs?

Aaronboy

Reaction score
When I connect the phone to my computer, my computer does not detect the storage card in my phone.

Anyone encounters this issue as well?

cheewai87

Reaction score
don't know which to get... phicomm i300/600, huawei g330 or ino. any inputs?

You can try the phicomm i600, phicomm i300 and ino one plus smartphone at 1 Rochor road #02-632, Singapore 180001. Opening hours mon-sat 11am-8pm, sun n public holiday 11am-5pm.

chiawy

Reaction score
Any news on 4.1 upgrade?

Official or unofficial?

My unofficial path to 4.1 is rooting the phone, flash bootloader to CWMR and flash with 4.1 from Phicomm Germany website.

As for GSM radio, file you can google for it after flashing to 4.1

weeza77

Reaction score
Ok, faced a problem. Inserted two sim cards. One purely data in G/W slot, the other for voice in G slot. If remove the voice sim, 3G speed is fast. Once voice sim inserted, the data speed dropped to 2G speed. G/W slot configured to WCDMA only.
Anyone can help?

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, faced a problem. Inserted two sim cards. One purely data in G/W slot, the other for voice in G slot. If remove the voice sim, 3G speed is fast. Once voice sim inserted, the data speed dropped to 2G speed. G/W slot configured to WCDMA only.
Anyone can help?

How did you test the speed? I've only been using the i600 for a week but can't really say much about the speed since reception is basically poor in most of the areas I have to deploy to and I'm damn happy just to be able to check email and whatsapp.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using the i600 (Android 4.0.4, 3.0.21-perf) for about a week for ICT so my experience with it is limited to training areas, which will likely skew my opinion.

The phone seems to work fine for basic tasks, email and IM. Beyond that, I don't quite have a positive experience. In comparison, I was pretty happy with my Dell Streak for the few months I was using it.

1. The phone gets really hot with wireless/3G usage but I'm willing to chalk this up to the poor reception in camp leading to excessive power output.

2. Battery lasted me maybe half day while in camp, but likely related to the reception issue. Outside camp, the battery life dropped much much slower.

3. Base software seems to take up too much memory. I'm left with barely 8-10% free memory out of 512MB usually with only a few basic IM apps like WhatsApp running.

4. Battery indicators seem bugged. Battery temperature doesn't seem to be working, and without a third party battery app, the device will claim 100% battery until suddenly dropping to 60~70%.

5. Unexplained app crashes. I basically gave up using browser on the phone because the browser (Chrome and Dolphin) often just crash or freeze. Maybe there's no enough free memory or again it could be the poor reception causing errors. Sometimes this happens just trying to get to the app screen.

6. Missing virtual keyboard is probably the most annoying thing. Very often the keyboard will just disappear halfway through typing. Typing the input field doesn't bring it back, long press on menu doesn't, and often have to do all kinds of random sh1t to get it back. However, this might not be the i600's fault but maybe some problem with the Android keyboard.

Going to spend more time on it during this week end instead of reverting to my normal phone to see if it works better in a normal civilian environment after tweaking startup apps and installing a memory app.

finalforce

Reaction score
According to their facebook page, 4.1 update can be done at service centre. going over to do later..

powermaster

Reaction score
Phicomm i600 Non Camera Review

Hi,

I've been looking around for the non camera review but didn't really see any benchmarking or review so decided to add in some of my personal comments.

I just bought the Phicomm i600 from NTUC xtra @ $268.
Bundles with Crossline 5600mAh Non-Detachable Micro USB power bank that comes with 6 months warranty.

I was comparing with Ino One plus and Huawei G330, eventually bought Phicomm for the following reasons,
1. when browsing the menu, Ino One Plus and Huawei G330 seems to lag
2. When launching the contact, even though it is empty, Huawei G330 seems slower, I assume it will be even slower after I load it with my contact list. Ino One Plus launches at the around the same speed as Phicomm i600.
3. The placement of the Back Button of Huawei G330 and Ino one plus is on the right side and Menu button on the left side, where else Phicomm i600 back button is on the right side similiar to Samsung Galaxy series..
4. Screen of Phicomm i600 is slightly bigger.
5. Screen of Ino One plus seems washed out
6. Update to Android 4.1 is available via Sim Lim service center, this was stated in the Phicomm Facebook page

Some of the test I ran listed below
Antutu version 4: score of 7732 Slower then S2

Tested with 2 x Sim Card, M1 in the Slot 1 and Singtel in Slot 2
I'm using 1 Mbps 3G plan, when the connections shows H, I ran speed test.
3G Speed test result: Download 0.99Mbps Upload 0.54Mbps

Connect it to Netgear R6200 router via wireless at linkspeed 72Mbps
Netgear is connected to SuperInternet Fiber connection.
Wireless Speed test result: Download 25.20Mbps Upload 30.88Mbps

Tried playing with Despicable me, found that there's no gyroscope. Couldn't continue when I reach the area that requires gyroscope to turn left and right. It is laggy at times when I launch and playing the game.

Conclusion,
I think this is just a basic phone where you can use for normal call and basic web surfing. I'll probably update again if there's any difference in performance after the 4.1 upgrade. Hope it is useful for new buyers that requires non camera phone between these three models.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking around for the non camera review but didn't really see any benchmarking or review so decided to add in some of my personal comments.

I just bought the Phicomm i600 from NTUC xtra @ $268.
Bundles with Crossline 5600mAh Non-Detachable Micro USB power bank that comes with 6 months warranty.

I was comparing with Ino One plus and Huawei G330, eventually bought Phicomm for the following reasons,
1. when browsing the menu, Ino One Plus and Huawei G330 seems to lag
2. When launching the contact, even though it is empty, Huawei G330 seems slower, I assume it will be even slower after I load it with my contact list. Ino One Plus launches at the around the same speed as Phicomm i600.
3. The placement of the Back Button of Huawei G330 and Ino one plus is on the right side and Menu button on the left side, where else Phicomm i600 back button is on the right side similiar to Samsung Galaxy series..
4. Screen of Phicomm i600 is slightly bigger.
5. Screen of Ino One plus seems washed out
6. Update to Android 4.1 is available via Sim Lim service center, this was stated in the Phicomm Facebook page

Some of the test I ran listed below
Antutu version 4: score of 7732 Slower then S2

Tested with 2 x Sim Card, M1 in the Slot 1 and Singtel in Slot 2
I'm using 1 Mbps 3G plan, when the connections shows H, I ran speed test.
3G Speed test result: Download 0.99Mbps Upload 0.54Mbps

Connect it to Netgear R6200 router via wireless at linkspeed 72Mbps
Netgear is connected to SuperInternet Fiber connection.
Wireless Speed test result: Download 25.20Mbps Upload 30.88Mbps

Tried playing with Despicable me, found that there's no gyroscope. Couldn't continue when I reach the area that requires gyroscope to turn left and right. It is laggy at times when I launch and playing the game.

Conclusion,
I think this is just a basic phone where you can use for normal call and basic web surfing. I'll probably update again if there's any difference in performance after the 4.1 upgrade. Hope it is useful for new buyers that requires non camera phone between these three models.

would appreciate it if you can take note whether the phone frequently dies on you half way through a full charge.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.