SIM UOL AUG 2013 INTAKE

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone from manfred's class understands topic 3??
the drawing to find SE and IE...
can explain to me?? :s11::s11::s11:

To remove IE, shift the line parallel to the left.

I I didn't rmb wrongly:

SE: Point A to C
IE: Point C to B

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
To remove IE, shift the line parallel to the left.

I I didn't rmb wrongly:

SE: Point A to C
IE: Point C to B

ahhhhhh. thanks!

there's something that he always say, to find SE, you must draw the back to Uo, you know what is it??
I missed that lesson so very hard to catch up now haha

xiaobai88

Reaction score
IBM

Hi guys, would like to check what are the IBM lesson days and time and the lecturer.

Appreciate alot for the help.

Thanks alot!! :):)

orange29

Reaction score
Anyone in Lee Chin Choo class can help to clarify my doubts for chapter 4 market structure practice qns 1....when explaininf short run and long run what are we looking at???
Thanksssss

lolita_5

Banned
Reaction score
ahhhhhh. thanks!

there's something that he always say, to find SE, you must draw the back to Uo, you know what is it??

"2 parallel lines...2 parallel lines...2 parallel lines..."

Anyway this is how I rmb, "SE" and "same line" starts with "S" so they are together hence IE goes with different line

Ultimate10002000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would advise those taking UOL course to sign up for the school internship programme when available during the school holiday to gain working experience which is useful when u are applying for jobs upon graduation.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahhhhhh. thanks!

Uo is the original utility curve. And you have to remove IE by shifting via a dotted line (note that this line is non-existent)parallel to the left until it is tangential to the Uo.

newstranger

Reaction score
I would advise those taking UOL course to sign up for the school internship programme when available during the school holiday to gain working experience which is useful when u are applying for jobs upon graduation.

heard that the school's programme is not good. comments?
am I better off looking for internship on my own?

and the norm is paid or unpaid internships for sim students?

thank you

Ultimate10002000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thank you

Depend on what is being offered. There might be good internship job some time. Of course if you got good lobang u can source for your own job. The internship is paid by hourly rate if i am not wrong, but don't expect high pay.

acme&ajax

Reaction score

thanks,

is there a point in going for exchange programmes. as in will it help you get a job or is it just for experience.

but actually what I want to ask is that are students generally blur until revision? because the lecturers seem to be rushing to hit a January deadline & then they will do revision instead of slowly teaching until exam time.

asking because I am a bit/quite blur for my lessons. is that normal or just me?

_nivla

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks,

is there a point in going for exchange programmes. as in will it help you get a job or is it just for experience.

but actually what I want to ask is that are students generally blur until revision? because the lecturers seem to be rushing to hit a January deadline & then they will do revision instead of slowly teaching until exam time.

nt just you man, me too.
especially in econs. hahaha

lolita_5

Banned
Reaction score
Depend on what is being offered. There might be good internship job some time. Of course if you got good lobang u can source for your own job. The internship is paid by hourly rate if i am not wrong, but don't expect high pay.

care to share what are some of the companies which used to offer internships to sim students?

chiwawa23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which organisations will take in sim students as interns?? Also, if the allowance is lower, wouldn't it be better to find temp jobs that give a higher salary as well as gaining working experience too rather than interns with low pay?

htditsp

Reaction score
Just giving my 2 cents worth based on what I know:

Which organisations will take in sim students as interns?? Also, if the allowance is lower, wouldn't it be better to find temp jobs that give a higher salary as well as gaining working experience too rather than interns with low pay?

Depends what is your priority. If your priority is working experience, internship tends to offer better experience + looks better on your resume as compared to temp jobs (usually admin, can't learn much)

Internship in SG is about 600/mth.

thank you

Yup you can try to find on internsg.com, and norm is paid regardless of where you are studying.

thanks,

Generally employers like internships and overseas experience. So imo just kill 2 birds with one stone and go for overseas internship.

rainbow26

Reaction score
*超级脸掌*;80382871 said:
anyway. can't seem to download 3.1 summary from nageb.

Yep. Me too! Apparently, everyone couldn't download. Just make sure you bring along the readings for later :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.