Nokia Lumia 1520

bitwise

Reaction score
Was surprised there's still no thread for it.

Available in Singapore :D and other parts of the world this Q4!

From WPCentral:
The Lumia 1520 is Nokia’s high-end ‘phablet’ Windows Phone released in early November, 2013. Featuring a 6-inch 1080 display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core CPU, the Lumia 1520 is Nokia’s first Update 3 device featuring the Lumia ‘Black’ firmware, a rolling cover and a 20 MP camera with a f/2.0 lens. The device also has 32 GB of internal storage and it can take up to 64 GB of external memory (microSD).

The Lumia 1520 has a massive 3400 mAh battery life for an estimated 25 hours talk time and 2GB of RAM, making it one of the more powerful Lumias to date. Compared to other Lumias, the 1520 also has 4 High-amplitude audio capture (HAAC) microphones on board to give it excellent audio fidelity on calls and while recording videos.

The Lumia 1520 will also feature a new Refocus Lens and StoryTeller apps from Nokia and it comes in four colors, including yellow, white, black and glossy red.

Full spec from phone arena:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Nokia-Lumia-1520_id8109

Last edited:

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
The third row of extra live tiles makes the whole windows phone 8 OS so much accessible without going through the app list, tempting but I already have the 1020 :s22:

lilrex21

Reaction score
The third row of extra live tiles makes the whole windows phone 8 OS so much accessible without going through the app list, tempting but I already have the 1020 :s22:

yeah knw what you mean.. If the 1020 gets the third row of live tiles, it'd be perfect!

1520 looks great, can't wait to see the actual product in hand.

melvintwj

Reaction score
One thing I really like about this beast is the display.. The viewing angle is incredible! Plus fHD 1080P.. Definitely a display I'd wanna watch my movies on.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally Nokia has gotten my attention after all these years of Lumia series!

This could will be my very first Lumia phone during Xmas!

I love the 6" big screen, and I love the White one! :s22:

Vincent_G

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems Singapore will be one of country first in the world to get this. Happy, but my contract is not due before Dec, which I believe same as all the first owner of Lumia 920..

jimlwk

Reaction score
Finally an worthy upgrade from 920!! Everything is improved, with built-in wireless charging!

HL

Reaction score
Yap, am surprised how they packed the built-in wireless charging into that slim frame, considering that was supposedly what made the 920 bulky?

echoblue

Reaction score
Yap, am surprised how they packed the built-in wireless charging into that slim frame, considering that was supposedly what made the 920 bulky?

I guess since the phone is much bigger, they were able to distribute the components more

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score

LCD panel :D The 920 requires another frame inside the phone to support that, instead of having the screen and glass together.

---
This is actually the best phablet I've seen with a good camera. Check out HTC One Max (No OIS, 4MP), Sony Xperia Z Ultra (No OIS, ridiculously small sensor, 8MP yet overcompressed, too noisy, & too slow), Note III (still average).

There seems to be a trend of OEMs cutting down on camera with it comes to big screen.

Nokia should advertise this hard, and compare against the horrible quality of other phablets as a selling point.

Last edited:

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah knw what you mean.. If the 1020 gets the third row of live tiles, it'd be perfect!

1520 looks great, can't wait to see the actual product in hand.

Yeah I hope 1020 gets it! Saw a post by joe belfiore saying that it's not the screen resolution that allows for third row of tiles but the screen size that matters. Let's hope nokia feels that 4.5 inches is enough to convince them to allow 3 rows or tiles on our 1020 :D

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hope 1020 gets it! Saw a post by joe belfiore saying that it's not the screen resolution that allows for third row of tiles but the screen size that matters. Let's hope nokia feels that 4.5 inches is enough to convince them to allow 3 rows or tiles on our 1020 :D

Just afraid that having the 3rd column will results in much smaller tiles and difficult to tap onto. Hope that it will be an option for individual to turn on / off with the 3rd column though.

draco76x

Reaction score
L1520 look impressive, if it packed with L1020's 41mp camera inside, I will buy it.

Too bad, will skip it & will still go for L1020 instead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.