Raffles Medical Group *Official* (SGX: BSL)

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
leading company of the industry (a lot of companies appoint RMG), strong cashflows, increasing revenue and profit..

furthermore, given the aging population of Singapore, healthcare is only going to become more and more profitable...

I personally see it as a valuable growth stock....will be looking to acquire more once I have the money... :s13:

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why should we be "enthu" about any stock? If there is a ho kangtao, keep quiet and diam diam liao. :s13:

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this stock is definitely good for investment. But price is currently too high, hope for sales :D

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, this stock is definitely good for investment. But price is currently too high, hope for sales :D

last last week it dip below $3 after an acquisition..u missed the boat, doubt this stock will fall below $3 again:s13:

Dyhalt

Reaction score
From past experience I don't like to buy "enthu" or "hyped" stocks.

Either we are too late for entry or its too expensive :s8:

I prefer those that are out of public appeals and diam diam give me good dividend while I increase my stake on it :s13:

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score

I prefer those that are out of public appeals and diam diam give me good dividend while I increase my stake on it :s13:

RMG currently doesnt give out very attractive dividends i think.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last last week it dip below $3 after an acquisition..u missed the boat, doubt this stock will fall below $3 again:s13:

during june..was queuing for it among some others. in the end got semb corp instead of this. :s22:

it is still in my watchlist. will enter when the opportunity comes again. :o

eveee99

Reaction score

Like UMS? :D

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
leading company of the industry (a lot of companies appoint RMG), strong cashflows, increasing revenue and profit..

furthermore, given the aging population of Singapore, healthcare is only going to become more and more profitable...

I personally see it as a valuable growth stock....will be looking to acquire more once I have the money... :s13:
Good choice. Managed to get some at 2.95...

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Raffles Medical: 3Q13 Net Profit Up 10.3% To S$13.9 Million.

Be nimble to buy some RMG shares when there is any price pull back. If a big correction comes, then must buy big big. :D

MikeL09

Reaction score
When RafflesMG was 1.3 plus, I watch-listed it with a view to buying, but somehow had some doubts, but I advised my wife to buy. She didn't trust me. I also didn't trust my own wisdom. We both never bought. Served her right!:D

Today, my regret is BIG BIG!:s13:

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
When RafflesMG was 1.3 plus, I watch-listed it with a view to buying, but somehow had some doubts, but I advised my wife to buy. She didn't trust me. I also didn't trust my own wisdom. We both never bought. Served her right!:D

:s13::s13:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lesson is, Dont Look Back. If you look back, it will be more heart pain. Never buy, price shot up. Sell already, price also shot up. Buy already, price shot down. :s13:

Question now is, will you buy RMG at current price? This is more important.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw it at 2.99 but waiting for more reduction. It never came. Now 3.17, suck thumb.

MikeL09

Reaction score
Lesson is, Dont Look Back. If you look back, it will be more heart pain.

Agree. If I had bought then and the price goes down, I would then be banging myself for 'trusting' my foolishless!:s13:

The true mark of a seasoned, shall I say mature investor, is the ability to overcome this 'ai yah!' mindset and accept this kinda thing with serenity.

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Raffles Medical Group is trading at 28 times the earnings, and more than 4 times the book value and I think the dividend also not so attractive (at least SH got better dividends for the valuation). Me thinks there are better options out there.

Yes, with ageing population comes increased healthcare cost but whether a company can take advantage is another question. There is always a right sector and a right company within the sector at the right price. The stars must align woh.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.