Nokia Lumia 1520

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry ah, concentrating on getting Spiral for my Marvel's Avengers Alliance game ... what did i miss?

Anyway, as said two days ago, I LOVE STEPHEN ELOP for announcing that Singapore would be one of the FIRST countries to get the Lumia 1520.

I am dying to lay my hands on this 6" Beast ...
time to use my Royal Kaypohness to find out the exact date this beast is launching then prepare to QUEUE for it!

Twisticles

Reaction score
I am currently loving my 1020, and getting a lot of comments on FB, twitter etc about the quality of the photos... but just a little pissed at having to use a wireless charging case. But then, I like the camera grip so I guess its a trade off (though the camera grip could do with more battery life).

So... do I also get the 1520? Yeah of course, I've owned all the Lumina's so far, and I really want to see what the 1520 can do with its upgraded specs over the 1020. And maybe the 20Mp camera is enough, who knows?

Just not sure about 6" in my pocket, guess time will tell...

bedlamite

Reaction score
So some guy got the 1520 early...

So I have a 1520... AMA. - Windows Phone Central Forums

m9LeySK.jpg

lol

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
The 1520 & 1320 should be very popular. My guess is even more popular than the 1020. Certain markets like Taiwan and Singapore love big screens.

I think MS made the right decision in not allowing 3 columns on <5" devices.

For me, this's WAY TOO BIG! But anything that increase WP marketshare is great! :D

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6" just too big especially guys who usually put it inside the pants pocket.

Girls might be confused especially inside a pub at night under dimmed lighting ;)

Nokia should have made 1320 a 5.5" so that customers have more choices!

If the 1320 is a 5.5" plus 1080p display. I will jump for it as my very first Lumia device!

Bad decision by Nokia! Very bad!

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Why leh? 5.5" like the Note 2 already cannot put in pocket. I think the GS4 is more or less the biggest a guy's jeans can accommodate. Anyway the 1520 is meant to compete with all the Ultra-size phablets launched this year.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why leh? 5.5" like the Note 2 already cannot put in pocket. I think the GS4 is more or less the biggest a guy's jeans can accommodate. Anyway the 1520 is meant to compete with all the Ultra-size phablets launched this year.

I'm holding a 5.5" LG G pro, and it is just nice for men pocket, the max size I guess.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Nokia's making devices of all shapes and sizes, I imagine a hi-end one with a 5.5" screen is coming soon enough.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nokia's making devices of all shapes and sizes, I imagine a hi-end one with a 5.5" screen is coming soon enough.

I hope so for a 5.5" Nokia, man! I have never owned a Windows phone and love to try it.

However, 6" is just too big to be carried around.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm holding a 5.5" LG G pro, and it is just nice for men pocket, the max size I guess.

If you mean pants, can lah. 6" also can fit... But jeans is another story, especially when sitting down. As it is, I can't drive with my Lumia 1020 in the pants.

Maybe that's why Samsung & LG is coming out with their curved smartphones. ;)

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
I hope so for a 5.5" Nokia, man! I have never owned a Windows phone and love to try it.

However, 6" is just too big to be carried around.

Size matters for some people ... erm after using my beloved Sony Xperia Z Ultra for the last two months plus, I have decided to keep all my phones to this size range ... must be bigger than 6".

U know there are always those who likes them large. :p

bedlamite

Reaction score
For baggy pants or work pants with a more relaxed fit, 6" phones still ok, but if you rock more fitted attire a 6" phone is out, unless you don't mind holding it in your hand the whole time or dropping it into a bag. The 1520 is really just too big for some people. I've said the 920's screen is about as big as I'll go, but I actually wouldn't mind a Note-sized phone. The 1520 though, that is completely out.

I'm interested to know if Nokia's got any software to take advantage of that ginormous screen, though. No need for any of Samsung's useless gimmicks, a multiscreen app would be a great start

edit: I just brought up the phone to me wife (who just got the 1020), and she might be entertaining the idea of getting it lol. She watches dramas on the train, a 6" screen would be perfect for this particular usage case. Women would have no issues with carrying a giant phone anyway since they'd be lugging their bags along with them too

Last edited:

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
For baggy pants or work pants with a more relaxed fit, 6" phones still ok, but if you rock more fitted attire a 6" phone is out, unless you don't mind holding it in your hand the whole time or dropping it into a bag. The 1520 is really just too big for some people. I've said the 920's screen is about as big as I'll go, but I actually wouldn't mind a Note-sized phone. The 1520 though, that is completely out.

I'm interested to know if Nokia's got any software to take advantage of that ginormous screen, though. No need for any of Samsung's useless gimmicks, a multiscreen app would be a great start

edit: I just brought up the phone to me wife (who just got the 1020), and she might be entertaining the idea of getting it lol. She watches dramas on the train, a 6" screen would be perfect for this particular usage case. Women would have no issues with carrying a giant phone anyway since they'd be lugging their bags along with them too

daylight-demo-620x411.jpg

Enough Said. Just show this to ur wife and she will just beg u to buy it for her NOW NOW NOW!

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Women have no issue for sure with 6" or even 8" since they carry LV, Bonia all day long wherever they go ba...;)

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Women almost always use their phones with flip-case, screen protectors & other accessories. No problem there. :)

Yes I get it there're guys with big hands. That's why it's important that Nokia launches 1520 & 1320. Samsung has proven it's a thriving market.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.