USA Stocks discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiron

Reaction score
Anyone here into US markets? More into equity counters, ETF, not into FX, options.

Just want to have a thread to share and tcss about it.

Currently me into trading of DUST and NUGT, using GC, DXY as my guide.

SpeedingBullet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello swing trader!

Used to trade FAS/FAZ. Now no time so just benchwarming.

Chiron

Reaction score
Me also used to do some FAZ as well. But now just focus on DUST/NUGT.

Cos of the time difference, it's tiring mentally. But shiok when the right trade is done. Worth the effort.

liankai999

Reaction score
Hi Chiron and Speedingbullet, I'm a keen follower of the US market too. I think the movement is greater with more stocks to look at.

What is your trading style (e.g. Breakout, reversal, continuation etc)? Do u use TA and what is your holding period? I'm trying to learn more from you guys. Thanks.

Chiron

Reaction score
Hi Chiron and Speedingbullet, I'm a keen follower of the US market too. I think the movement is greater with more stocks to look at.

What is your trading style (e.g. Breakout, reversal, continuation etc)? Do u use TA and what is your holding period? I'm trying to learn more from you guys. Thanks.

My style more on swing trading now, holding period will depend on stock movement. Have some TA skills, but now mainly just using the simple SMA, and flag pattern, because now I subscribes to trading blogs, which provides me with good guidance, and I do follow their recommendation.

There are many trading blogs around, just need time to find one that suits your style.

US market is big, higher volatility, but it also means more and bigger sharks :s13:

liankai999

Reaction score
My style more on swing trading now, holding period will depend on stock movement. Have some TA skills, but now mainly just using the simple SMA, and flag pattern, because now I subscribes to trading blogs, which provides me with good guidance, and I do follow their recommendation.

There are many trading blogs around, just need time to find one that suits your style.

US market is big, higher volatility, but it also means more and bigger sharks :s13:

What are the blogs you follow? Care to share? Thanks.

Chiron

Reaction score
Have PM you. You need to find ur niche which you are comfortable with.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the TWiTTER Ipo?

How do you apply for foriegn market IPO anyway, must do it with local broker assistance? How about if already have a US brokerage account?

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score

How do you apply for foriegn market IPO anyway, must do it with local broker assistance? How about if already have a US brokerage account?
Not interested in tech stock.. Tried once and I give up. Lucky I sold with profit.

tikokia

Master Member
Reaction score

Hi , can u share the blog add with me as well. Thanks:s13:

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's up. holding some financials since 2009. like our friend gic, USD profit is gd. but if convert to sgd....lol.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citigroup has been good for me. Buy near 48 & sell above 50. Very consistent. Rinse & repeat.

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi , can u share the blog add with me as well. Thanks:s13:

I also can. can share w me?

I'm only into NUGT.
How you play NUGT/ DUST? they are opposite of each other
But I'm doing options only. Dont want to commit on the actual stock.

Chiron

Reaction score
I also can. can share w me?

I'm only into NUGT.
How you play NUGT/ DUST? they are opposite of each other
But I'm doing options only. Dont want to commit on the actual stock.

As you know, DUST and NUGT are opposite direction of each other. If one can go into NUGT, am sure one also can go into DUST. Just like one can make money with mkt gg up, down mkt also can make money.

But since you are into options, gg with either one is probably good enough as options have call/put.

Im not into options though.

Chiron

Reaction score

Never tried before. Nearly bought into Google when it started listing in 2004. Was discussing when it was about 90USD (about there). 9 years on, > 1000usd :s22:

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That thing is so volatile. Why not look at these 2 groups that are moving up.
Restaurant - BWLD CAKE CBRL CMG RRGB WEN
Steel & Iron - AKS CMK ROCK SID SXC WOR X
Be mindful that the trend will not last forever.

Chiron

Reaction score
That thing is so volatile. Why not look at these 2 groups that are moving up.
Restaurant - BWLD CAKE CBRL CMG RRGB WEN
Steel & Iron - AKS CMK ROCK SID SXC WOR X
Be mindful that the trend will not last forever.

Yes high volatility, but that's what a swing trader likes me like it. Of cos need to know how to ride the short term trends.

But please not before someone comes and tell me, goes in FX haha. Sorry me not into that.

Liked I said, its impt to find one's own niche.

Steel and iron gg up nicely, I believe coal also gg up nicely as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.