T100 Windows 8.1 Tablet by Asus

miragez

Reaction score
Anyone purchased these yet can do a fair review based on

Battery usage ( surfing + writing notes )
Performance ( does it slow down when using 2 to 3 apps multitasking )
Is this able play flash smoothly
Is this able to access facebook with lag ?

Has anyone tried using stylus against this ?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchased these yet can do a fair review based on

Battery usage ( surfing + writing notes )
Performance ( does it slow down when using 2 to 3 apps multitasking )
Is this able play flash smoothly
Is this able to access facebook with lag ?

Has anyone tried using stylus against this ?

hoping for some advice for these points too >.< deciding between an ultraportable and the T100 now >.<

veefounder

Reaction score
Quick question: T100 - A tablet, a notebook or can be either? :D

lol temptation..

Any idea if the t100 will take input from a digital stylus (to use with the handwriting recognition capability Win 8/8.1 offers)?
if yes, i am gonna ditch note 10.1 2014 and get this..

Last edited:

alyssax

Reaction score
hoping for some advice for these points too >.< deciding between an ultraportable and the T100 now >.<

I have tried the t100. I think it's great for someone looking for mainly a tablet to do some lightwork. The keyboard is terrible and pretty unresponsive. I'll use the money towards a better ultraportable since I'm looking for a laptop. If I do feel the need to get a tablet, I'll keep this in view :)

Also not available in funan when I went there on Weds.

Last edited:

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have tried the t100. I think it's great for someone looking for mainly a tablet to do some lightwork. The keyboard is terrible and pretty unresponsive. I'll use the money towards a better ultraportable since I'm looking for a laptop. If I do feel the need to get a tablet, I'll keep this in view :)

Also not available in funan when I went there on Weds.

A keyboard that is unresponsive can consider as a bad quality product for a tablet. Sigh, after reading your post, disappointed in T100

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TOS, does the T100 that you sell come with the keyboard dock?

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my experience is for some reason no shop dare to put T100 on display (except TOS).
I checked both best denki and challanger, both have stock but no display set.

Charles_Wee

Reaction score
This is my experience for Asus T100. Been using this tablet as a small size laptop for work for the past 2 weeks. I imported mine directly from US. Prior to this, i had owned

- asus me400c (nice form factor, slow processor)
- Thinkpad tablet 2 (nice keyboard, slow processor)
- lenovo heliix (fast but too big as tablet)
- Nexus 7 2013 (new toy, nice for entertainment)
- ipad 2 (old toy)

This tablet meets all my expectation for work. Every day i open the following apps all at once on this tablet
- microsoft word (2 documents)
- excel ( 1 to 2 documents)
- internet explorer (2 browser tab)
- chrome (2 to 3 browser tab)

I have never encounter any lag when i switch between applications. I had tried using the tablet on the mrt to surf, read news, work on documents whole day without plugging in power. outlast all my colleagues ultrabook during meetings in terms of battery life and still have 20 to 30% battery life when i reach home around 7pm.

The keyboard is cramp if you compare to keyboards from a good ultrabook like lenovo helix or thinkpad x230. But if you had used before Asus ME400c transleeve keyboard, its similar in size. i made less mistakes on this tablet compare to me400c. Thinkpad tablet 2 keyboard is still better than this one. After 2 days, you kind of get used to the keyboard size and will make less mistakes. I actually use this tablet to type out my UAT test scripts for my current project.

As for resolution size, some will laugh at the lack of FHD screen. I once feel the same way but after trying out the 1900 X 1080 sceen of lenovo helix, i can tell you at 10.1 inch, this tablet resolution is just nice. On the helix, i often have to zoom in to 125 to 150%. to even see what i am typing. a FHD screen on 11.6 inch and below screen is useless and not very practical if you are typing at arms length. Its only good for watching movies when you hold the tablet close to your eyes

I also see a comment that this tablet is expensive ?? a tablet that is good enough to replace the functionality of an ultrabook like lenovo helix, comes with a dock in keyboard and on top of that comes with microsoft office student edition and still cost less than nexus 7 2013 LTE ... Its very cheap already :) Competing tablet like Venus pro 8 cost more and comes without a keyboard.

i only have one complain for this tablet and that is the limiting HDD size of this tablet. At 64GB, i only get like 31 gb of free space. Not enough space for me to use the tablet to burn a blu ray disc. If the ssd can be replace with higher capacity. This one will be a perfect tabet cum laptop. It already is a perfect productivity tablet for a traveller cos its so light.

veefounder

Reaction score
This is my experience for Asus T100. Been using this tablet as a small size laptop for work for the past 2 weeks. I imported mine directly from US. Prior to this, i had owned

- asus me400c (nice form factor, slow processor)
- Thinkpad tablet 2 (nice keyboard, slow processor)
- lenovo heliix (fast but too big as tablet)
- Nexus 7 2013 (new toy, nice for entertainment)
- ipad 2 (old toy)

This tablet meets all my expectation for work. Every day i open the following apps all at once on this tablet
- microsoft word (2 documents)
- excel ( 1 to 2 documents)
- internet explorer (2 browser tab)
- chrome (2 to 3 browser tab)

I have never encounter any lag when i switch between applications. I had tried using the tablet on the mrt to surf, read news, work on documents whole day without plugging in power. outlast all my colleagues ultrabook during meetings in terms of battery life and still have 20 to 30% battery life when i reach home around 7pm.

The keyboard is cramp if you compare to keyboards from a good ultrabook like lenovo helix or thinkpad x230. But if you had used before Asus ME400c transleeve keyboard, its similar in size. i made less mistakes on this tablet compare to me400c. Thinkpad tablet 2 keyboard is still better than this one. After 2 days, you kind of get used to the keyboard size and will make less mistakes. I actually use this tablet to type out my UAT test scripts for my current project.

As for resolution size, some will laugh at the lack of FHD screen. I once feel the same way but after trying out the 1900 X 1080 sceen of lenovo helix, i can tell you at 10.1 inch, this tablet resolution is just nice. On the helix, i often have to zoom in to 125 to 150%. to even see what i am typing. a FHD screen on 11.6 inch and below screen is useless and not very practical if you are typing at arms length. Its only good for watching movies when you hold the tablet close to your eyes

I also see a comment that this tablet is expensive ?? a tablet that is good enough to replace the functionality of an ultrabook like lenovo helix, comes with a dock in keyboard and on top of that comes with microsoft office student edition and still cost less than nexus 7 2013 LTE ... Its very cheap already :) Competing tablet like Venus pro 8 cost more and comes without a keyboard.

i only have one complain for this tablet and that is the limiting HDD size of this tablet. At 64GB, i only get like 31 gb of free space. Not enough space for me to use the tablet to burn a blu ray disc. If the ssd can be replace with higher capacity. This one will be a perfect tabet cum laptop. It already is a perfect productivity tablet for a traveller cos its so light.

Thanks for the detailed review! Does it have a stylus support?

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
A very nice review. Thanks for that. Seems perfect for school. Is it heavy and does it get warm fast ? I need to be turned on and continuos typing for 3/4 of the day.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
A very nice review. Thanks for that. Seems perfect for school. Is it heavy and does it get warm fast ? I need to be turned on and continuos typing for 3/4 of the day.

you need to be turned on??? O_O

haha but anyway most reviews seem quite positive. most issues usually revolve around possible keyboard problems and the lack of storage >.<

i'm still deciding between this and the asus ux21e (i3) ultraportable. also thinking about what to do with my asus tf300 >.<

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
LOL. What I meant was I need the laptop to be turned on for at least 3/4 of the day. Using a lot of internet and microsoft office. Really comparing between this and Surface Pro.

alyssax

Reaction score
thanks charles for the detailed review!

kurt111494: i think the ux21e and this is quite different so choose according to your needs. ux21e should be slightly more powerful + greater storage space + larger screen/keyboard while t100 is a convertible which offers the tablet option and a long battery life.

Momentumm: yes it seems perfect for college actually! (but i have graduated so :( )

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.