(FAQ) For Blackberries. Please read this before asking.

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
If its ourberries faq, then i can't find the link where it states that BIS sim card can be inserted into another 3G phone with no extra charges, link please?

letmysoulfly

Banned
Reaction score
If its ourberries faq, then i can't find the link where it states that BIS sim card can be inserted into another 3G phone with no extra charges, link please?

BIS sim card is the same as normal sim card. what matters is the plan you signed up for.

personal experience, it works. no extra charges (unless you exceed data allowance, of course)

Glade7

Reaction score
Hello there, I am currently thinking of downgrading my iPhone 4, to an affordable BB (9320).

I read the FAQs on ourberries.info and I am confused by this:

- You cannot use any official blackberry apps (Yes, no facebook).

Does this mean, for example I have already gotten my hands on a BB, I am not authorised to use apps like Whatsapp even though my SIM card has 3G?

If the above is true, I assume that I need to sign up for a Blackberry plan in order to use such apps?

letmysoulfly

Banned
Reaction score
Hello there, I am currently thinking of downgrading my iPhone 4, to an affordable BB (9320).

I read the FAQs on ourberries.info and I am confused by this:

- You cannot use any official blackberry apps (Yes, no facebook).

Does this mean, for example I have already gotten my hands on a BB, I am not authorised to use apps like Whatsapp even though my SIM card has 3G?

If the above is true, I assume that I need to sign up for a Blackberry plan in order to use such apps?

still can use whatsapp. im now using bb 9780 with non-bb plan. smartsurf lite (2GB).

i reseted my BB and installed whatsapp OTA. google it to find out how. you cant use the default facebook and twitter tho. im using ubersocial now.

so far so good, no problem. some ppl have problems with their whatsapp after a few days but it's been going well for me. the only thing i really miss with the BIS plan is the quick search on its browser.

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna port my prepaid over to postpaid and looking at Singtel's price plan, I'm quite confused. I can only signup the BB Flexi Lite with 24mths contract and not without? If I take up a no contract, I just take a voice plan and add BIS? is it the way it works?

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but I called and the CSO told me I can just take without contract. She does sound a bit unsure though :crazy:

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Can someone put Singtel blackberry apn here, 3gb BIS, its for 9780 if its needed.

Phone just came back from servicing.

Thanks

Last edited:

StarCollision

Reaction score
Hi! I'm using Blackberry Flexi Lite plan. Does it comes with 4G service if I were to used it on other 4G enabled smartphones? Is the download speed same as non blackberry plans?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm using Blackberry Flexi Lite plan. Does it comes with 4G service if I were to used it on other 4G enabled smartphones? Is the download speed same as non blackberry plans?

To be dead honest:
I don't know. You must refer to your plan to see if there is '4G'.

However, I believe you are very mistaken - Unless you are on BlackBerry (os7.1 and below), everything else, on BlackBerry 10/other phones are thru the standard network aka 4G, which has nothing to do with BIS at all. Hence, speed in this case is determined by source, network, device and software. There will be no more compression however.

Hence, if your plan has the sentence '4G' services, then, yes, on LTE capable (and telco-capable aka spectrum or 'local' sets capable) devices, you should be able to get 4G if your in the coverage areas.

StarCollision

Reaction score
To be dead honest:
I don't know. You must refer to your plan to see if there is '4G'.

However, I believe you are very mistaken - Unless you are on BlackBerry (os7.1 and below), everything else, on BlackBerry 10/other phones are thru the standard network aka 4G, which has nothing to do with BIS at all. Hence, speed in this case is determined by source, network, device and software. There will be no more compression however.

Hence, if your plan has the sentence '4G' services, then, yes, on LTE capable (and telco-capable aka spectrum or 'local' sets capable) devices, you should be able to get 4G if your in the coverage areas.

That kinda answer my question. Thx alot. Cheers!

Wathen

Reaction score
i bought a 9780, i have no data plan, is it possible to surf internet on wifi at home? guess not right

ryanswj

Reaction score
I took the plunge and signed up for BIS+ on M1 coz my BlackBerry will be quite useless without it... :(

Funny thing is M1 rep never ask for my PIN/IMEI. Are they supposed to?

What am I supposed to do next? I tried:

1. Registering on http://m1.blackberry.com
It gives me error message:
An error has occurred while processing your last request.
We are temporarily having difficulty accessing your email account.
You may access another email account or try again at a later time.
(strange, because I have not registered at all)

2. Host Routing Table - update now
It says message successfully sent, but nothing. The list is empty.

3. APN setting set to Sunsurf
No reaction from the BB

4. Diagnostics in Network Connections under Options
Output is:
Radio Data Activation: No
Signal Level, Radio Access, IP Address, Network: Unknown
ICMP Ping Echo, BlackBerry Registration, Connected to BlackBerry, Blackberry PIN-PIN: Abort

5. On Wi-Fi and try host routing table again
No reaction from the BB

I am using Verizon Bold 9650. All unlocked, carrier shows M1-3GSM, tried the mepd thing all inactive. Can make call no problem. BB not registered/activated with Verizon.

What should I do now! Thanks!

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change to a proper local device and not export ;);)

I took the plunge and signed up for BIS+ on M1 coz my BlackBerry will be quite useless without it... :(

Funny thing is M1 rep never ask for my PIN/IMEI. Are they supposed to?

What am I supposed to do next? I tried:

1. Registering on http://m1.blackberry.com
It gives me error message:
An error has occurred while processing your last request.
We are temporarily having difficulty accessing your email account.
You may access another email account or try again at a later time.
(strange, because I have not registered at all)

2. Host Routing Table - update now
It says message successfully sent, but nothing. The list is empty.

3. APN setting set to Sunsurf
No reaction from the BB

4. Diagnostics in Network Connections under Options
Output is:
Radio Data Activation: No
Signal Level, Radio Access, IP Address, Network: Unknown
ICMP Ping Echo, BlackBerry Registration, Connected to BlackBerry, Blackberry PIN-PIN: Abort

5. On Wi-Fi and try host routing table again
No reaction from the BB

I am using Verizon Bold 9650. All unlocked, carrier shows M1-3GSM, tried the mepd thing all inactive. Can make call no problem. BB not registered/activated with Verizon.

What should I do now! Thanks!

How long have u signed up for? Has it been actually activated?

They don't need ur details. Its all done automatically. Why not drop us. An email?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.