Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trying the pearl paint on the wings. the bigger wings has the pearl paint. can see from the pic? tink only can see a little. also love this kit alot. the wings are my soft spot.
DSC02237_zps08ecf2b6.jpg

DSC02265_zpsa617483b.jpg

DSC02252_zpse2c63e80.jpg

DSC02238_zpsb0d20c30.jpg

love this kit. be it the color or the parts. very detailed for a SD. Love how i manually hand painted the gold on the black.
DSC02591_zpsbd7ac628.jpg

DSC02596_zpsab8f98c1.jpg

DSC02585_zpsf0497eff.jpg

alfseeto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

May I ask what brand of airbrush you all are using, and what brands are available in Singapore? I'm using Sparmax right now, but not very happy with it. Since I am going to Japan soon for holiday, I'm thinking of getting a new one there. But I wonder if I can get spare parts in Singapore or not.

Googling around in HLJ, looks like the brands include Gunze Sangyo, Iwata, Tamiya, Airtex...

So far in Singapore I have only seen Sparmax and Badger (sold in Artfriend).

flanker27

Reaction score
@alfseeto
i use a harder steinback colani, germany made. but if you are going to japan, you have many choices. do remember to factor in the availability of spares etc.

iron2000

Reaction score

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
20131121_070646_zps06e7ad39.jpg

20131121_070640_zps312a61cd.jpg

A couple of snapped shot of my Gunpla built over the last weekend. Only did some panel line. Pretty nice and simple to build kit.

doomseeker

Reaction score
Hey guys! Want to try painting gundams but don't know where to start :( Should I start with hand painting or is spray paint a better choice for beginners?

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Want to try painting gundams but don't know where to start :( Should I start with hand painting or is spray paint a better choice for beginners?

I'm a noob here but I'll share my experience with you.
Started out with hand painting and markers, works well with small parts, but for big parts it's quite difficult unless you can hand paint really well.

Now I've moved on to using spray cans and for larger parts, it really makes alot of difference. Small parts I'll use hand paint or markers still if I find the area hard to spray. (require too much masking)

Next step if possible will be to move on to airbrush, but that's for another day. So, there might be different opinions, but for me it's easier to hand paint small parts and details, but for bigger surface area, spray paint is definitely easier.

thegamer1907

Master Member
Reaction score

Both ways of painting have their pros and cons.
For handpainting, people usually do it for small details because handpainting large areas need alot of skill to do and achieve less brush marks.
Spray painting gives you a more neat and even paintjob, but is more expensive as the cost of spraycans build up over time.

If you are serious into this hobby, i do recomend you to go airbrushing, because it gives the most versatality in terms of the colours available and also u can mix your own custom colors. which is not possible with spraycans. Airbrushing also gives you more control of the paint.

For people who wishes to learn airbrush but cannot afford the mainstream setups that cost over $200, I have airbrush+ mini compressor kits available at <$80 per set. Send me a pm for more details.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you really think you gotta continue in this hobby, then invest on a proper compressor and airbrush. Don't be penny wise pound foolish. For starters, looking for those without air tank, and invest on a good airbrush, Sparmax is a good brand to consider.

simwb90

Reaction score
any Mid Year Campaign winners here?
just wondering how long i should wait before calling up to confirm if i actually won something -.-!!
I did get an email from Bandai saying i won but no news from Sheng Tai so far.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.