Aztech DSL7002GRV-(s)

CarbonoAtom

Reaction score
The USB allows you to host your own home ''cloud' server :) Works on a samba server, both android and windows can access your home cloud :)

stamina

Reaction score
Hi, I just signed up Singtel fibre and was given Aztech dual band wireless modem DSL7002GRV. Im thinking of trying this Asus AC68U and therefore planning to switch. Is this AC68U as easy as plug and play meaning, whatever ethernet cable currently plugged at the back of my Aztech, I can just plug out and plug in back to AC68 and thats it I! can stat surfing by keying in network password. Or I have to set some complicating online configuration setting? By the way if anyone wants my 7002, just msg me.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just signed up Singtel fibre and was given Aztech dual band wireless modem DSL7002GRV. Im thinking of trying this Asus AC68U and therefore planning to switch. Is this AC68U as easy as plug and play meaning, whatever ethernet cable currently plugged at the back of my Aztech, I can just plug out and plug in back to AC68 and thats it I! can stat surfing by keying in network password. Or I have to set some complicating online configuration setting? By the way if anyone wants my 7002, just msg me.

No it is not as simple as using the 7002 for AC68U.

However, i believe if you know some simple configuration, you should be able to get the router working in less than 5 mins.

I assume you do not have miotv, so half the battle is already won..

stamina

Reaction score
No it is not as simple as using the 7002 for AC68U.

However, i believe if you know some simple configuration, you should be able to get the router working in less than 5 mins.

I assume you do not have miotv, so half the battle is already won..
i have mio tv and the fibre ONT.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have mio tv and the fibre ONT.

hahas okok. i take back my last sentence of the previous post.

But again, to me its still easy to set up.

There are only 2 scenarios which most people will face:
1) internet working but not miotv
2) miotv and internet not working

Either one of these scenarios, can easily be solved if you don't miss out the steps during the setup process..

CarbonoAtom

Reaction score
If you have recontracted with Singtel, check your 3rd page of the contract where the monthly payment is given, then there if it is the 7002 then you're in luck, if it is the 7000 then well that's your router and even singtel cannot change it
CarbonoAtom

On which website may i be able to find the specs of the 7002, and also how do I add images without including a URL(e.g. cntl-c cntl-v)?

alfredymwong84

Reaction score
Parental Control under 192.168.1.254/singtel

I used to have Aztech 1015ew for my broadband and now I upgraded to fiber and got this 7002grv(s). But under the same url /singtel, the option of parental control is no more (previously existing in 1015ew).

I sent email aztech but no respond.
Anyone notice this option?
(this is to control what time slots can a specific IP access internet)

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahas okok. i take back my last sentence of the previous post.

But again, to me its still easy to set up.

There are only 2 scenarios which most people will face:
1) internet working but not miotv
2) miotv and internet not working

Either one of these scenarios, can easily be solved if you don't miss out the steps during the setup process..

its not so bad, just have to configure for Mio TV. The preset setting for Singtel already there for this modem so just select Singtel Mio or Singtel Others under IPTV tab that's all. You got to reserve one of the 4 ports for Mio TV though (usually port 4) due to vlan tagging.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any ideas why two iphone 4 (one is iOS7.0.4 and the other is iSO4.1) can detect the WiFi network of the Aztech 7002 and after input the Password...login for a while than disappear ? When check the wifi status , it show the Aztech 7002 SSID but it just fail to connect.

Anyone having this problem ?

Latenightmusic

Reaction score
Using DSL7002GRV as a bridge

Just got the DSL7002GRV yesterday as part of my upgrade to the 200mbps plan, but only intend to use it as a wireless/wired bridge in my bedroom while keeping my Asus RT56U as the main router.

I managed to set it to bridge mode, and the wired bridging works, but it can't seem to bridge via wi-fi. I've already set it to use the same SSID and password as the main router. I used to be able to do this with my old Belkin router that also served as a bridge.

Anyone knows if the Aztech can do wireless bridging? Thanks!

upgrade

Reaction score

upgrade

Reaction score
I am also interested to try out the wireless bridge method to 3 bedrooms, but with the DSL7002GRV(S) in full mode, not bridge mode. That means it continues to do the DHCP and the main routing part. Reason is I have mioTV and I want trouble free connection to SingTel. Furthermore, any of the 4 LAN port on the DSL7002GRV(S) can be used for mioTV (potential for a 2nd set top box), unlike the ASUS which can only use LAN port 4, and only 1, for mio TV.

The problem is distance from the DSL7002GRV(S) to the desks in the 3 bedrooms are at least 12.5 metres and no line of sight. The routers in there will be connected by LAN cable to PCs and Xbox360. Bridged this way will avoid the 50% to 60% speed drop penalty of repeaters. I figure the distance can be a problem but never know if never try. Perhaps I find some free time to experiment.

Just for a test, a 2011 Mac mini and the DSL7002GRV(S) 1.5 metre apart on the TV console. Connected on the 5Ghz band channel 157 with channel bonding. Fibre plan is SingTel 200Mbps.

Wireless, not wired.

3119053542.png

Last edited:

CarbonoAtom

Reaction score
Any ideas why two iphone 4 (one is iOS7.0.4 and the other is iSO4.1) can detect the WiFi network of the Aztech 7002 and after input the Password...login for a while than disappear ? When check the wifi status , it show the Aztech 7002 SSID but it just fail to connect.

Anyone having this problem ?

For this, are you on the 5ghz channel or the 2.4 ghz channel?

I am also interested to try out the wireless bridge method to 3 bedrooms, but with the DSL7002GRV(S) in full mode, not bridge mode. That means it continues to do the DHCP and the main routing part. Reason is I have mioTV and I want trouble free connection to SingTel. Furthermore, any of the 4 LAN port on the DSL7002GRV(S) can be used for mioTV (potential for a 2nd set top box), unlike the ASUS which can only use LAN port 4, and only 1, for mio TV.

The problem is distance from the DSL7002GRV(S) to the desks in the 3 bedrooms are at least 12.5 metres and no line of sight. The routers in there will be connected by LAN cable to PCs and Xbox360. Bridged this way will avoid the 50% to 60% speed drop penalty of repeaters. I figure the distance can be a problem but never know if never try. Perhaps I find some free time to experiment.

Just for a test, a 2011 Mac mini and the DSL7002GRV(S) 1.5 metre apart on the TV console. Connected on the 5Ghz band channel 157 with channel bonding. Fibre plan is SingTel 200Mbps.

Wireless, not wired.

3119053542.png

How come yours is so fast, mine only reaches 93mbps on the 2.4ghz channel, never tested the 5ghz channel speed yet.....? Same 200mbps plan?? What setting did you use and 203 mbps is damn fast, even the ac routers nowadays cannot reach that speed? Please tell me what did you do???

masschaoz

Reaction score
For this, are you on the 5ghz channel or the 2.4 ghz channel?

How come yours is so fast, mine only reaches 93mbps on the 2.4ghz channel, never tested the 5ghz channel speed yet.....? Same 200mbps plan?? What setting did you use and 203 mbps is damn fast, even the ac routers nowadays cannot reach that speed? Please tell me what did you do???

If on the 5 ghz channel, what he is getting is normal.

Doraemon70

Reaction score
You can use the 2.4GHZ it is better than Pace and the 7000's 2.4 g, gives you better coverage. For long distances and walls use 2.4 g for near distances use the 5Ghz channel.

a noob question, for the 7000's how do you toggle between 2.4hz and 5hz? is there a switch on the modem like, ok i want 5hz faster speed so i press a switch then i want to surf net in my bedroom, need long range of wifi coverage so that my bedroom can receive wifi signal.

Thanks

I'm thinking to change my pace to 7002. Wifi signal strength is my main priority. I'dont to use homeplug as it reduce the speed almost 50%. I hope 7002 can solved my needs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.