Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just note that if you are intending to buy the card, buy when you are still at the arrival area, there was once where i left the arrival area and the next thing when i tried to go back and buy, the security tell me that i cannot enter the area anymore and hence i am unable to purchase the SIM card at the tourist price.

You mean cant go back to level 2 to buy sim card from the escalator where there is a security guard standing there ? I encountered at my three trips to bangkok last few months, just tell them you want to purchase sim card or your sim card got problem. Got two times, they told me to write my name etc on a piece of paper, maybe is to keep track who has used that escalator to go back to level 2 .

joo koontz

Reaction score
Initially intended to get True Move (but they have no longer gave out free sim card, as has to pay 49 and need to top up for the data and call), so ended bought AIS THB 299 tourist SIM card instead of DTAC 299 tourist sim card as dtac queue was very long last Saturday.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initially intended to get True Move (but they have no longer gave out free sim card, as has to pay 49 and need to top up for the data and call), so ended bought AIS THB 299 tourist SIM card instead of DTAC 299 tourist sim card as dtac queue was very long last Saturday.

TRUEMOVE H+ InterSim at arrival hall goes for 300Baht, gets 2GB on HSPA+, valid 30days.

Today.

Always leave some credit in the number to continue using the 2GB till time/volume runs out.

Promo code listed is " IPK_DB_OC_NEW_30D_2GB "
Your promotion is 3G Toursit Inter SIM. Domestic call 1B/Min,SMS 2B/Time, MMS 5B/Time,International call rate is varied by each country, International SMS 5B/Time, International MMS 9B/Time.

paithorn

Reaction score
Actually I can see man places selling the 299 baht card in BKK. On the top level of Pratunam fashion mall, MBK, Pantip Mall etc all selling

Bring yr passport along as shop pings like Terminal21 Ives free wifi as well but must register with passport

Reaction score
Hi, Anyone knows which telco in Thailand sells prepaid SIM cards that allows data surfing?
How to activate it?

In China, China Unicom allows roaming when you call in to activate..
Is there similar service from Thai telco?

Thanks.

Just returned from BKK and you can easily register for a prepaid SIM card from DTAC or AIS (the two main telco operators in Thailand) for 299 THB, which has unlimited data usage for seven days and 100 THB worth of call-time. I was using whatsapp and Google maps most of the time and it was so convenient.

You can purchase easily at Gate 7 of the airport (after arrival; it is located close to the public taxi stand) or from any of the convenience stalls in BKK.

Hope this helps!

smartboy4

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just returned from BKK and you can easily register for a prepaid SIM card from DTAC or AIS (the two main telco operators in Thailand) for 299 THB, which has unlimited data usage for seven days and 100 THB worth of call-time. I was using whatsapp and Google maps most of the time and it was so convenient.

You can purchase easily at Gate 7 of the airport (after arrival; it is located close to the public taxi stand) or from any of the convenience stalls in BKK.

Hope this helps!
So this is on the airside or landside?
Before immigrations?

detonate888

Reaction score
Any kind hearted bro and sis who just come back from BKK and can spare their (n Happy Tourist or Truemove micro sim card for using in Samsung S3, still have at least 1 or 2 days data plan left for usage. Reason is because I be flying late night flight to Don Meung airport reach 12am via Airasia and DMK airport seem no booth to buy Prepaid sim card, then the next early morning I will be going to outskirt of Thailand... please PM me if you can spare.. thanks

Last edited:

testwater2

Reaction score
Airport arrival aftet custom clearance there is True booth with free sim card ~ 10bath airtime and 20MB data free too.
299baht 7days also have.

arsira

Reaction score
FYI,

If you plan to just used it in bangkok you can just choose any one from dtac, ais or truemove. For outside bangkok, go for truemove as they have 4G LTE.pls bear in mind that the 3G is quite jialat outside bangkok. On a note3,most of the time i got is signal E instead H+.

Another info is if you arrived in don meuang,there is infact a provision shop selling prepaid card on the top floor or one floor above the arrival hall.

happiboi

Reaction score
Any idea with the tourist data sim card is compatible with samsung note 3? I will be going tml. Thanks in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.